EDFL Premier Division - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You ******* beauty!!!!!

Congratulations Gr$$nvale , Bad Luck St$$thmore.
Marby P$$k - finished off well and Aberf$$die must be disapointed.

Suppose the silly season starts now, Great Club Volunteers spending countless hours on the phone, meeting players to try and convince them to play for your club, having to offer well over what they're worth, not wanting to offer an specific amount as you know the player will use it as leverage at the next 6 clubs he is talking too.
In the end none of it matters, whoever spends to most wins again.
A few years ago Reg Rose once said to me how proud he was of the EDFL, "Community Football". I doubt very much he is proud anymore.
I know this is "just the way it is", but doesn't mean you have to like it......

Suppose the silly season starts now, Great Club Volunteers spending countless hours on the phone, meeting players to try and convince them to play for your club, having to offer well over what they're worth, not wanting to offer an specific amount as you know the player will use it as leverage at the next 6 clubs he is talking too.
A few years ago Reg Rose once said to me how proud he was of the EDFL, "Community Football". I doubt very much he is proud anymore.
You mean like how the majority of the Greenvale side were Greenvale juniors? Get a clue

Anyone who thinks Greenvale are not paying huge amounts for its list is delusional. Just because some were Greenvale juniors changes nothing. If these same players had been playing Juniors for Doutta's then the would have moved for the money on offer at Greenvale. They just happened to be lucky enough (and good enough) to already be playing at a club that pays well.
The top 4 all spend huge amounts. The most in metro Melbourne. Easily. And that is the way it is.

So don't go around saying 'we are all home growns... how fantastic are we'. Facts are all side that win it in the EDFL spend more than anyone in Melbourne these days and probably Victoria. And all of them recruit heavily.

Kuret, Nanya, Wright, Jorgensen, Aloi, Smith x 2, Johnson, Raines, Aloi. Reckon you Greenvale would win without them? hmmm

bangfrom50 = sh!tstirrer
You must think you are so funny WRFL Boy;)

Bangfrom50 = complete WRFL loser who got sacked by EDFL clubs what a sad c%nt

who really cares about greenvale and how much they paid the people down there who matter are all volunteers who work their backsides off for 15 years getting that club from bottom of B grade to 3 A-grade flags. Congrats and well done Jets!

Bangfrom50 = complete WRFL loser who got sacked by EDFL clubs what a sad c%nt, Congrats and well done Jets!

LOL, Who is he Flipperfeldie ?

Other than an EDFL Troll
:rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks Greenvale are not paying huge amounts for its list is delusional. Just because some were Greenvale juniors changes nothing. If these same players had been playing Juniors for Doutta's then the would have moved for the money on offer at Greenvale. They just happened to be lucky enough (and good enough) to already be playing at a club that pays well.
The top 4 all spend huge amounts. The most in metro Melbourne. Easily. And that is the way it is.

So don't go around saying 'we are all home growns... how fantastic are we'. Facts are all side that win it in the EDFL spend more than anyone in Melbourne these days and probably Victoria. And all of them recruit heavily.

Kuret, Nanya, Wright, Jorgensen, Aloi, Smith x 2, Johnson, Raines, Aloi . Reckon you Greenvale would win without them? hmmm
No one is saying we wouldn't have won without them they're great players, Jorgo and Kuret have also knocked back bigger offers to stay/return to Greenvale. Every single side has imported players though.. even Craigieburn who finished dead last.
It changes plenty, people speak of how to win in A Grade/Premier division you have to buy an entire side, this isn't true.
Jorgo didn't play and I'm interested as to what you mean by Wright and Smith x2? Matt Smith obviously came from elsewhere but who's the other one? Tal Wright and Josh/Dean Smith are all locals.
Yes there is a lot of spending in local footy but it's just ignorant to say that any success that Greenvale has comes soley down to money, our 18a's have won two of the past 3 premierships and our 18c's have won the last two, so the club is obviously doing something right..
Finally no one has said 'we are all home growns... how fantastic are we' :thumbsu:

What was the exact make up of both sides re. ex. juniors v imports ? Is there any one able to let us know precisely.

How do you define imports though? I mean is Jorgo an import for Greenvale? Played all of his juniors with us but never played any senior footy with us and you would have to say he is more "Greenvale" than he is "Aberfeldie". I certainly don't think anyone at Aberfeldie is sitting around thinking he is one of ours anymore, pretty much universially acknowledge as being a Greenvale man.

How do you define imports though? I mean is Jorgo an import for Greenvale? Played all of his juniors with us but never played any senior footy with us and you would have to say he is more "Greenvale" than he is "Aberfeldie". I certainly don't think anyone at Aberfeldie is sitting around thinking he is one of ours anymore, pretty much universially acknowledge as being a Greenvale man.
Lets not split hairs, if the bloke didn't play juniors he therefore was brought into the club. He didn't play anyway. Pretty simple really e.g GVale 11 juniors / 11 imports, Smore ? / ?

Lets not split hairs, if the bloke didn't play juniors he therefore was brought into the club. He didn't play anyway. Pretty simple really e.g GVale 11 juniors / 11 imports, Smore ? / ?
Greenvale fielded 12/13 Juniors.
It depends though, if a player shows loyalty to the club and stays for reasons other than $$$ it kind of discredits the argument that people like Bangfrom50 make. It takes a lot more than just money to make a good footy side anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should a club not meet the players market value purely because he played his jnr footy for the club, and why should a player be expected to take less than his market value?

I think what Abers and Bluejet are suggesting is that some of the best people you can get to your footy club are not homegrowns. Anyone who thinks you can win a flag without a combination of both homegrowns and imports is delusional. This idea that somehow homegrowns are inantely good is so tiresome and lame! Some of the biggest pains in the a$$ and high maintenance flogs are homegrowns. Yes its great to develop your own players and create a sustainable club but end of the day if you get good people who are good players then that is what matters. Ive never met James Rohan, but he would seem to be a great example of a great person to lead a club to a flag and i couldnt give a flying f*ck if he is a homegrown or not, as it happens, i think he is a homegrown which is all the better lol!

I have heard talk that Aberfeldie is close to appointing Criag Clinnick and that Lance Picioane has thrown his hat in the ring at Oak Park

Mail apparently getting around on the weekend was Dale Chadwick had the Oak Park gig. This was confirmed yesty to me by Benny Chapman who was told the night prior that his application wasn't successful.

Saadi Ghazi coaching heights comes from coaching super rules side Footscray ,big Mal reappointed at Albers.

Fantastic news for both Avondale Heights and Aberfeldie. Ghazi brings with him 15-20 years of VFA/VFL experience with Williamstown and Port Melbourne, while big Mal might just be the solution to Abers' recent 'failures'.. although news of ex Cat David Wojcinski to Aberfeldie appears off the mark.

Have heard that Keilor are trying to recruit back a number of ex-juniors that have left the club. Too little too late?
Give us a couple of names!! Keilor FC have an open door policy so it is expected that juniors will comeback especially when they find the grass is not always greener. No doubt some players that found themselves in Div 2 will look to return home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back