EDFL Premier Division - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is everyone club pre season going.

Players leaving clubs only to come back again during the pre season, its hard to keep on top of it.

so where is O'hailpin playing this year, Pascoe Vale or Montmorency or elsewhere.

Go Marby

Looks like O'hailpin is heading to Northern FL

Aberfeldie appear to be looking the goods at this point;
  • Fanning - big ruckman with AFL experience
  • Norris
  • Mangan - Four time premiership player with Spotswood & Rennie
  • Sharp - Premiership at Spotswood
  • Hislops
and a few more, look to be recuiting across the field for balance?

Appear to have done a good job recruiting, shame they haven't put the same effort in looking after their local boys. Significant number of quality U18s from last years team have left the club, short term gain for long term pain!!!

Plenty of clearances for E.D.S, can anyone tell me anything about them? Any quality there??
Very good signs early, hopefully some improvement on last year.
And does anyone know of any losses from E.D.S from last year??

where can i view a list of the clearances??

Aberfeldie appear to be looking the goods at this point;
  • Fanning - big ruckman with AFL experience
  • Norris
  • Mangan - Four time premiership player with Spotswood & Rennie
  • Sharp - Premiership at Spotswood
  • Hislops
and a few more, look to be recuiting across the field for balance?

Is Darcy Daniher confirmed ?? heard he was going back packing.

Fair call about losing quality 18s - typical A grade short sitedness

So who will be captain down at Abers? Hard act to follow after that Abers legend Rabee.

Rabee was acting skipper last year for injured Ryan Edwards but not sure whether there will be a process or whether Ryza will just continue as skipper. I'd say 99% of Abers people would want to see Ryza as skipper again, I know I do.

How are Cburn looking?

Hearing mixed msg's coming out of the Eagles? Baker confirmed but any others? Gardiner from all reports hasnt signed? Brooks & Gardiner would be massive but do they have any other recruits?

Could be an interesting year for the Eagles, consistency ruined them in 2011

Some say they are flying and others say they only had 7 Senior players at training?

Pretty sure it was tongue in cheek,
The way he moves around he won't be known as a legend of any one club..

2 x A Grade B&F

1 x B Grade B&F

Fair CV? Rabee did some great things for Abers when we were desperately in need of some experienced players. His game against Avondale in early round of 2010 was probably the best individual performance I've seen from a player.

Maybe EDFL legend is more approrpriate :)

2 x A Grade B&F

1 x B Grade B&F

Fair CV? Rabee did some great things for Abers when we were desperately in need of some experienced players. His game against Avondale in early round of 2010 was probably the best individual performance I've seen from a player.

Maybe EDFL legend is more approrpriate :)

He's been a champion player, no doubt about it and Abers are lucky to have him.
I was more commenting on his tendency to move around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been a champion player, no doubt about it and Abers are lucky to have him.
I was more commenting on his tendency to move around.

More a comment on how the hierarchy at Abers must have a complete lack of confidence in other leaders available. Maybe Courtney in 2012?

More a comment on how the hierarchy at Abers must have a complete lack of confidence in other leaders available. Maybe Courtney in 2012?

With Edwards out what other leaders were available last year? Anyone with experience was new to the club in the last two years and the existing Abers boys were all very young.

Would be very surprised if Edwards isn't captain in 2012, great player, great leader, great & loyal clubman.

With Edwards out what other leaders were available last year? Anyone with experience was new to the club in the last two years and the existing Abers boys were all very young.

Would be very surprised if Edwards isn't captain in 2012, great player, great leader, great & loyal clubman.

Here we go AGAIN. Abers people getting on here about how GREAT their players are ect.ect.ect. Havn't you dingbats learnt anything over the past couple of years.
Spent up big last year, didn't even make the finals - DISGRACE. Spending up bigger this year and still won't make it.
Time to earn some respect ON THE FIELD, because we all know Abers are as weak as p*ss, and until you show otherwise by at least making the finals NO-ONE will take you seriously.
THAT IS FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go AGAIN. Abers people getting on here about how GREAT their players are ect.ect.ect. Havn't you dingbats learnt anything over the past couple of years.
Spent up big last year, didn't even make the finals - DISGRACE. Spending up bigger this year and still won't make it.
Time to earn some respect ON THE FIELD, because we all know Abers are as weak as p*ss, and until you show otherwise by at least making the finals NO-ONE will take you seriously.

After clarifing a perfectly reasonable question on the Abers leadership you shoot us down in flames for trying to answer it honestly. Is there a club in the EDFL you actually like?

Personally I don't take blokes who post using random capitals and a thousand exclamations marks seriously but each to their own I guess.

The Abers boys are up and about at training and we know exactly what has to be done! We don't need to prove it to any other DINGBATS but ourselves. THAT IS A FACT!!!!!!!!! Abers 2012

I heard a whisper that bangfrom50 went bang from 50 and completely missed the mark.

The whispers I've heard are diferent. Abers are training well and have some good solid players to compliment last year and other clubs might not be as intimidating and they once were.

From the whispers im hearing the league will be wide open this year and abers could throw themselves right in the mix.

I heard a whisper that The Whispera is a dill. Please stop posting your worthless rubbish. It's boring and tiring. If you actually have something meaningful to contribute then say it without all the floss.

Good Luck to Aberfeldie this year. They have a truckload of dough this year and appear to be positioning themselves for a crack. Anyone who says Aberfeldie, Avondale, Douttas, Craigieburn are a joke for not playing finals recently doesnt understand simple mathematics/accounting.

Pay $200K+ and watch your team play finals and compete for a flag. Pay less and you will struggle. Abers last year upped the ante and missed finals by a game after they fell away in the 2nd half of the year. Marbi, Greenvale, Strathmore all spent well in excess or $200K. Even Oak Park recruited very heavily last year and played in a grand final (albeit with a number of handy home growns to reduce the bill). Think they were turning up for a coke and hot dog? It ain't a mystery why some do well and others don't. We would all love a bloke who runs a multi million dollar retirement complex business to lob up and toss the club a stack of cash to offset some tax.

Every club is a slave to the dollar and those who have it and spend it right will reap the glory. No point bagging those clubs who have battled away for a long time.

I heard a whisper that The Whispera is a dill. Please stop posting your worthless rubbish. It's boring and tiring. If you actually have something meaningful to contribute then say it without all the floss.

Good Luck to Aberfeldie this year. They have a truckload of dough this year and appear to be positioning themselves for a crack. Anyone who says Aberfeldie, Avondale, Douttas, Craigieburn are a joke for not playing finals recently doesnt understand simple mathematics/accounting.

Pay $200K+ and watch your team play finals and compete for a flag. Pay less and you will struggle. Abers last year upped the ante and missed finals by a game after they fell away in the 2nd half of the year. Marbi, Greenvale, Strathmore all spent well in excess or $200K. Even Oak Park recruited very heavily last year and played in a grand final (albeit with a number of handy home growns to reduce the bill). Think they were turning up for a coke and hot dog? It ain't a mystery why some do well and others don't. We would all love a bloke who runs a multi million dollar retirement complex business to lob up and toss the club a stack of cash to offset some tax.

Every club is a slave to the dollar and those who have it and spend it right will reap the glory. No point bagging those clubs who have battled away for a long time.

Best post in months. You have it pretty right regarding money ruling but I think that your player budget figures are too low. For clubs trying to climb from bottom end of ladder, they have to allow for a budget even greater than what Greenvale, Strathmore etc pay, just to convince players to come to a club that have not had success. This is what Abers did last year and will do this year. They will be running at around $320k for a team that is not valued at that. Marby did the same a few years ago. Once you have success like Marby did, you can reduce budget and sell the club to players as a club that has success. Clubs have to have at least $250+ to compete for finals spot, Marbi, Strathmore Greenvale were between $280 and $340k in 2011. Oak Park was $270K in 2011. Thats a lot of pie and beer. Do the sums. Clubs need a benefactor of around $80,000 + as with no gate entry fees in EDFL, it is impossible to generate player budget money anywhere near whats going around on the VB and Glenroy pastie sales

Appear to have done a good job recruiting, shame they haven't put the same effort in looking after their local boys. Significant number of quality U18s from last years team have left the club, short term gain for long term pain!!!

Fanning, Mangan & Sharp are all local boys! Unfortunately with U/18s the nature of the competition now is it is very difficult to come straight out and play A Grade.

The reason we are getting guys of this quality back to our club is because we have acted professionally when they left for other places & always stayed in contact with them.

Great to see them back. Bang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back