England v India at the WACA, if anyone cares

Remove this Banner Ad

Dhoni's the dumbest captain ever. Jadega, who is bowling terribly, has bowled more overs than Binny, by far their best bowler in this match.

Him bowling Jadeja and Patel continuously when Buttler and Taylor were controlling the chase was ridiculous.

At least give the bowler with 3 wickets to his name a go to break the partnership. Absolutely ruined the contest!

Not selecting Ishant and Ashwin was their biggest mistake, maybe they're just being rested along with Rohit but surely they're in India's best WC team.

I suspect all the teams in this series are just treating it like a trial run and keeping a few cards up their sleeve for when the real stuff starts.

The real stuff has already happened in the Test series. Rest is frivolous junk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conspiracy theory: Neither side wants to win. Nor has either side wanted to win since Dhoni saw what the pitch over here was like by about the 25th over. Both sides figured they'd rather bugger off and get ready for the World Cup than face Australia here in a nothing match.
Hardly a conspiracy theory. We haven't seen the best of England, India or Australia because the whole series is a nothing series in comparison with what starts on Feb 14.

Not for India, most of their supporters couldn't give a s**t about the test series, they care more about the World Cup.

What exactly are you basing this on? Plenty of meltdowns in the cricinfo comments section during the test series.

Not selecting Ishant and Ashwin was their biggest mistake, maybe they're just being rested along with Rohit but surely they're in India's best WC team.

I suspect all the teams in this series are just treating it like a trial run and keeping a few cards up their sleeve for when the real stuff starts.
Perhaps you're right. I too reckon now India gave a shot to Jadeja so that he can get some experience before the WC. Besides, all the shuffling in the batting order also suggests that India were trying new combinations and sort of using this series for experimentation. At least they've found a half-decent bowling all-rounder in Binny just before the series

No doubt there are some Indian supporters that care about test cricket but ODI cricket is more popular there going by the crowds they get for it compared to test cricket.

I'd say the majority would care more about winning the World Cup here than winning the test series.
Obviously more care about winning a World Cup, after all it is a World Cup, but Test cricket is still very, very important (as is the long form of the game, Ranji Trophy is given as much TV exposure as some of these ODIs).

The World Cup is the pinnacle event of cricket. When a Test Championship event is established that will take over the throne.

Until then, World Cup ODI > Ashes Test Series > Any other test series > T20 ODI World Cup > T20 IPL > T20 Big Bash.

Kohli should help improve test cricket's popularity in India as he seems to care more about it than Dhoni who was more interested in ODIs and Kohli's a more attacking captain that plays to win rather than draw.

Thats what based on Two tests? Where the second one, India played for a draw. I think its too early to be measuring the Captaincy prowess of Kohli. Mind you I think he is off to a fine start.

They didn't have any realistic chance of playing for a win in the last test, if it was a gettable target Kohli would have had a crack at it.

No but I think its a bit early to be commenting on his captaincy prowess after two tests. Once he has molded the team on his own without the influence of Dhoni then one can pass judgement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back