EPL Fantasy 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping that Aguero stays on the bench and does nothing this week. If he gets a goal the stampede to bring him back will likely push his price up very quickly.

Maybe I'm going crazy, I have two free transfers and I'm thinking of trading out Hart & MDM for Lloris & Vertonghen for a 1 maybe 2 week punt before I wildcard, thoughts?

With Everton struggling, City would seem more likely to keep a clean sheet, so Hart is probably worth keeping. However with Kompany back in contention I'd say Demichelis is at risk of starting on the bench, so he is worth getting rid of. I can see the thinking about bringing Spurs defenders in for 2 games as their fixtures are, on paper, winnable and cleansheetable. However Spurs have only kept ~5 clean sheets this season and have still conceded goals to most of the bottom half of the table. This weeks opponent Crystal Palace are an exception along with QPR.

Another punt could be on West Brom defenders, with Pulis notorious for tough defences and playing against Struggling Hull and Everton.

27 with 5 to go.

Azpilicueta is probably going out of my team, I'd like to bring in Terry to replace him, but I need all the money I can get for Aguero. I'll be watching to see how Sanchez goes with the imminent return of Giroud, Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey to the squad, who will all put pressure on his pitch position and ability to score points.

61, and after that performance Sanchez is going nowhere!

I really want Aguero, and City need him playing to keep the pressure on Chelsea. Longer term I'm thinking City will play Aguero and Bony together which could be a really potent combo both for Manchester City and for fantasy. The only way I can afford it is if I get rid of one of my expensive midfielders. I'm tending to think Di Maria, but he has QPR, Leicester City and Burnley in 3 of the next 4 so its a tough decision.

I'll wait a few more days but if I use my wildcard it'll likely be, Azpilicueta to Terry, one of Di Maria to Boyd (Burnley) and my backup striker Fletcher to Aguero, leaving about 0.5m in the bank. I may look at my keeper as well but I want to keep a bit of cash to potentially make a move for Bony in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Captained Austin with most of my mates going Hazard and thought I was in for a decent round, and despite having Sanchez somehow still slipped behind the 8-ball. Having no keeper play hurt me, as did Clark's red.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Made no changes and still managed 60.

Thank you VC Austin coming in for Yaya (Kane subbed in for him). No idea why he was my VC over Sanchez. Could have had a real massive fluke score!

I've used the January wildcard, some big name changes and some tinkering on depth players. Still time for a few other potential changes, especially with Southampton's defensive depth getting tested with injuries to Schneiderlin, Wanyama and Alderweireld.

0.3m in the bank
In: Aguero, Terry, Ward-Prowse, Wasilewski and Hamer
Out: Di Maria, Fletcher, Azpilicueta, Yun and McCarthy

team22.jpg

Last edited:
Just to clarify - we will still be able to use the Jan wildcard for the game week on the 31st right?

I think once the clock hits midnight and it's the 1st of Feb the wildcard is not available, but even if the 31st is mid gameweek you can still use it.

Just to clarify - we will still be able to use the Jan wildcard for the game week on the 31st right?

I had a look at the website its actually available until February 7th.

The January Wildcard can only be used after Gameweek 20 starts (1 Jan 11:30) until Gameweek 23 ends (7 Feb 11:30)

So that would be 10:30pm on the 7th for us I think.

Oh wow it's available after 31st Jan. Interesting.

Yeah I really didn't expect that! Would of liked next weekend's international break to happen this week to allow for more time to see transfers made, but Aguero going up in value made me pull the trigger on the wildcard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back