Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. But it's got to start somewhere.

Start with the team committing themselves to every contest for every minute of the game as opposed to throwing in the towel when it gets to hard for which they are known.
Jumping into blokes backs from behind isn’t commitment, it’s gutless and cowardly and something the modern game left behind decades ago.
Unfortunately, with Scott and Sheedy as club leaders, these type of gutter sniping tactics are no great surprise …

Start with the team committing themselves to every contest for every minute of the game as opposed to throwing in the towel when it gets to hard for which they are known.
Jumping into blokes backs from behind isn’t commitment, it’s gutless and cowardly and something the modern game left behind decades ago.
Unfortunately, with Scott and Sheedy as club leaders, these type of gutter sniping tactics are no great surprise …
Then take monster dives if the target retaliates

Push and shove is not tough. It's not brave. It's rubbish ... it's cowardice.
Flying the flag is just crap.

Love to say I came up with that all on my own but I may have plagiarized ... just can't remember where...

We’re trying to rid ourselves of the softness and mediocrity with our attack on the ball and man.

Give us a break.

You know how Brad played during his career. Total psychopath..but controlled aggression.

This is what we need.

We have a list of pretty placid go getters who need to learn some mongrel mindset.

Only Stringer, Redman and lately Hobbs have that natural brutality.

Gresham would go well in a boxing ring too.

Others are learning the craft of controlled aggression.

Last edited:

We’re trying to rid ourselves of the softness and mediocrity with our attack on the ball and man.

Give us a break.

You know how Brad played during his career. Total psychopath..but controlled aggression.

This is what we need.

We have a list of pretty placid go getters who need to learn some mongrel mindset.

Mate did you miss the north niggle?

The Swans players made it known that the Essendon players were doing dirty stuff behind the play.

We just didn't see it because Channel 7 chose not point their cameras in that direction and show us.

People are free to take the comments from Papley and Heeney with a grain of salt (and call them sooks, etc, etc) but they were actually pretty candid about it in the interviews they did out on the ground, and again later after the match. I doubt they were just making s**t up. Extremely rare for AFL players to comment like they did.

But it's the media darlings, Essendon we're talking about... so any talk about them being dirty will be spun by the media into how "aggressive" and "ruthless" they are with Brad Scott as coach. It's always reported completely differently by the media when it's one of the smaller Victorian clubs who decide to play dirty (as opposed to one of the Big 4 clubs.)
Papley would be right at home on a Broadway stage with his acting and carry on antics. F - him.

Maybe not decades.
Lets say months

Hawthorn supporters still talk about the line in the sand game….a game they lost by over 70 points.
Not suggesting this will be the same, but Essendon have been soft for year. It’s good to see some aggression.

That line in the sand game is the biggest load of s**t ever.

They were like 5 goals down, and yes then went on to lose by 80 after the big melee.

Also it was before Clarko was coach, before they drafted Franklin, Roughy and Lewis and the end of that season.

In other words is mythologised bull s**t.

Personally couldn't care I like this approach Essendon for years have been called soft. If Sydney did this everyone will be raving how tough and brutal they are but because it's Essendon it's bad.

I think it’s more I don’t see Essendon as particularly good.

Win more games and you are seen as tougher, who considers any long term middling or lower ladder team tough?

Give us a break.

This is what we need.

Gresham would go well in a boxing ring too.

I think bigger issue is lack of defensive running and doing the off the ball selfless stuff. But that tends to take time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing but sooking. They came with aggression and rattled Sydney for 3 quarters. There was no sniping behind the ball. Even Wrights hit was an accident. Drapers hit was probably the only genuinely dumb and late one but a 50 was paid against him.

I hope they play with that aggression every single game. Sydney can keep crying.

Weird that you can spell, but can't comprehend the post.
Maybe read the post again. You've made a goose of yourself.
Oh, I know exactly what you were trying to say. I'm not a dummy.
If you're going to come at me with off-topic banter & trolling, you can at least construct your sentences properly.

You wrote: As a Hawthorne supporter I'd be interested to get your take on Jai Newcombe...
This means you're a Hawthorn supporter who is interested in my take on Jai Newcombe

You should've written: I'd be interested to get your take, as a Hawthorn supporter, on Jai Newcombe...
Or you could've written: Seeing as you're a Hawthorn supporter, I'm interested in your opinion on Jai Newcombe...

rgiQJxaevVq4U.webp

Just saw the Hind attempt at an elbow. Is Brad Scott right in the head?

Me too, wow.

On AFL 360, within the first 10min. Annoying you can’t screen record Kayo or I’d share.

Is lucky it didn’t connect or it would be 8 weeks.

It would also make 3 snipes.

The Essendon edge is just running into people from behind and elbowing guys who aren’t looking?

“Enough is enough” is on the money, if I were an Essendon fan I’d be buying one of those $10 Tassie memberships and moving on.

So Essendon think they can rise up the ladder with dog act's like what Peter did on the weekend? I hope the tribunal deal with it like they did with that Saints player on Simpkin. It was just as bad. No attempt to spoil at all.
Thanks for your input 63 year old disgruntled WC boomer

How many teams were tough before they were good? Normally, including Essendon of 99-01, teams are good first and known for overstepping the line in their attack/aggression/intimidation second.

What's the last genuinely bad team that had a reputation for being hard/thugs/rule breakers? Chris Connolly's Dockers?

Strange comment from a Swans perspective. You were neck and neck with the Swans last year and then got blown away by 5 goals this year.

No problem.
Maybe losing a few players through the year is good for morale.
Grinded out in the last 5 minutes. Better to be actually in the contest and then run out of steam, than comfortably held at arms length by a team not having to dig deep. If you think this bombers side is worse than last years you have NFI about football.

Me too, wow.

On AFL 360, within the first 10min. Annoying you can’t screen record Kayo or I’d share.

The Essendon edge is just running into people from behind and elbowing guys who aren’t looking?

“Enough is enough” is on the money, if I were an Essendon fan I’d be buying one of those $10 Tassie memberships and moving on.
Me too, wow.

Curtail your vivid imagination of ridiculousness pal.

It just comes across as crazy internet talk.

How many teams were tough before they were good? Normally, including Essendon of 99-01, teams are good first and known for overstepping the line in their attack/aggression/intimidation second.

What's the last genuinely bad team that had a reputation for being hard/thugs/rule breakers? Chris Connolly's Dockers?
Literally Hawthorn. Do you forget you lost the line in the sand game by 70 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back