Essendon vow enough is enough

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised you still have a Big Footy account and bother posting here after Essendon's two whole decades of failure
This is a very normal move for a Hawks supporter

Essendon have shown they are still willing to do "whatever it takes", except for what it actually takes, which is hard work and discipline.

They're a mediocre club riddled with mediocre men, and won't win that elusive final until the place has been cleansed with flame.

Essendon have shown they are still willing to do "whatever it takes", except for what it actually takes, which is hard work and discipline.

They're a mediocre club riddled with mediocre men, and won't win that elusive final until the place has been cleansed with flame.
At least ASADA wont be involved this time. Baby steps.

A little bit of niggle and Essendon have now moved in rent free in Sydney fans heads.

Thanks for the help during this time of housing crisis

Literally Hawthorn. Do you forget you lost the line in the sand game by 70 points.

I don’t think they were very thuggish before or after that.

People just somehow connect them getting good 3 years later as somehow related to a melee in a game they got flogged in.

They weren’t really known for being tough until 2008 I think.

A little bit of niggle and Essendon have now moved in rent free in Sydney fans heads.

Thanks for the help during this time of housing crisis

Longmire beats Brad Scott's team before the ball is bounced.

Essendon have been irrelevant for two decades and counting now. Just amuses us to see them pretend to be tough, given what a weak club they are.

So brave. So blood-like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably worse than what Webster did a few weeks ago, thank * it didn’t connect.

I wouldn’t be against acts like that getting a few weeks.
It definitely connected, the freeze frame showed his arm smashing into his head. Then the force of the bump catapulted his head into the ground. If a sling tackle gets a player weeks, a player electing to bump in a marking contest is much worse and very cowardly. Peter Wright should be ashamed of such a cheap shot. If the AFL dont give him a huge holiday they are even more of a joke than what they are already. He lined him up from about 15 meters away and had 0 intention to spoil the ball. The fact the match review officer graded it as reckless is already a joke, it was 100% intentional.

It definitely connected, the freeze frame showed his arm smashing into his head. Then the force of the bump catapulted his head into the ground. If a sling tackle gets a player weeks, a player electing to bump in a marking contest is much worse and very cowardly. Peter Wright should be ashamed of such a cheap shot. If the AFL dont give him a huge holiday they are even more of a joke than what they are already. He lined him up from about 15 meters away and had 0 intention to spoil the ball. The fact the match review officer graded it as reckless is already a joke, it was 100% intentional.

I was talking about Nick Hind throwing his elbow out.

Don’t think the Peter Wright hit was nearly as bad as Webster. Still dirty though.

Yeah we're s**t, no denying that. While I'm not supporting what Wright did, i'd still rather how players go in hard and lose than sit back like we did last year and still lose. It wasn't a full game, we are still soft in places but as an Essendon supporter that has seen a club with a soft underbelly for the bet part of a decade it was a nice change.

If your players were 'going in hard' every game but lost by 5 goals, at the end of the season what would you make of it??
At the end of the day the way out for any football club is to get better at football.
"going in hard" is just a distraction when you suck at football.

Nothing but sooking. They came with aggression and rattled Sydney for 3 quarters. There was no sniping behind the ball. Even Wrights hit was an accident. Drapers hit was probably the only genuinely dumb and late one but a 50 was paid against him.

I hope they play with that aggression every single game. Sydney can keep crying.
Our players weren't sooking, they were laughing at your "Essendon edge".

Both Heeney and Papley mocked you in their interviews for not being able to keep up the intensity for 4 quarters.

Nothing but sooking. They came with aggression and rattled Sydney for 3 quarters. There was no sniping behind the ball. Even Wrights hit was an accident. Drapers hit was probably the only genuinely dumb and late one but a 50 was paid against him.

I hope they play with that aggression every single game. Sydney can keep crying.

We can also keep winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longmire beats Brad Scott's team before the ball is bounced.

Essendon have been irrelevant for two decades and counting now. Just amuses us to see them pretend to be tough, given what a weak club they are.
Rent Free
188776375.jpg

Can do all the talk and faux tough guy tactics, but its not going to win you the game, gotta get the 4 points and not become a laughing stock in the process

Or get reported lol

If your players were 'going in hard' every game but lost by 5 goals, at the end of the season what would you make of it??
At the end of the day the way out for any football club is to get better at football.
"going in hard" is just a distraction when you suck at football.
It's been one game, against probably to most in form side in the comp.

If we get to the end of the season and have lost every game by 5 goals then yeah, it's obviously s**t. If Essendon players do the talk but don't do the walk then it has failed. Essendon fans are just hoping this might make them stick some tackles, get the ball when it's their time to go. Something this club hasn't done consistently for a very long time.

Oh, I know exactly what you were trying to say. I'm not a dummy.
If you're going to come at me with off-topic banter & trolling, you can at least construct your sentences properly.

You wrote: As a Hawthorne supporter I'd be interested to get your take on Jai Newcombe...
This means you're a Hawthorn supporter who is interested in my take on Jai Newcombe

You should've written: I'd be interested to get your take, as a Hawthorn supporter, on Jai Newcombe...
Or you could've written: Seeing as you're a Hawthorn supporter, I'm interested in your opinion on Jai Newcombe...

rgiQJxaevVq4U.webp
You made an idiot of yourself trying to toll. Stopping digging - Take your loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back