Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Belgium

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other team

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched this one, England weren't that bad.

But their team is light years away from where it used to be in terms of quality players.

Hart, Wilshere, Sterling really the only ones in the team that I'd describe as better than meh!!!. Rooney as well has the ability, and he scored but he was poor again for the bulk of the game today.

But their team is light years away from where it used to be in terms of quality players.

Hart, Wilshere, Sterling really the only ones in the team that I'd describe as better than meh!!!. Rooney as well has the ability, and he scored but he was poor again for the bulk of the game today.
Heard Rooney and Sterling missed some easy chances?

Thought Lallana was pretty decent too after coming on at half time. Really helped to gel the attack together and played a key role in England turning it around in the second half, using the ball well and creating a number of opportunities.

On the topic of Croatia vs Italy game it was more of an FU to UEFA than anything else. They dish out stadium bans these days like it's nothing. Swastika wasn't offensive to anyone present in the stadium and a bit of a gag really. I spent a pre-season with an professional Italian football team (regularly top 5) and ate part of a large swastika birthday cake that was made for one of the players with a few African players in on it. They're attitude is more relaxed because it's now more anti-establishment than racial where as people here still think "oh my gosh genocide".

This Cruyff person seems to have taken a dislike to me for no particular reason - unless it's for the sole reason for supporting Spurs.

If you would please explain Cruyff why you are upset about postings in the transfer thread...
English Warrior aren't you?

The chap who mouthed off and then once Spurs lost a while back (dunno which time, there have been that many) you ****ed off and didn't come back until you made this account.

This watered down qualifying system has meant that the traditional bigger teams are just in cruise mode ,not really playing hard.
Its opened up the door for teams that never qualify for anything.

This watered down qualifying system has meant that the traditional bigger teams are just in cruise mode ,not really playing hard.
Its opened up the door for teams that never qualify for anything.

They can cruise as much as they want, but sides like Belgium might want to wake up or sides like Wales will outright qualify ahead of them.

They can cruise as much as they want, but sides like Belgium might want to wake up or sides like Wales will outright qualify ahead of them.
Second spot still gets you an automatic qualification. The Netherlands are the ones that need to wake up, they're third in their group and could be in the play-offs if they're not careful.

Second spot still gets you an automatic qualification. The Netherlands are the ones that need to wake up, they're third in their group and could be in the play-offs if they're not careful.

Ireland and Scotland drawing has probably meant Germany and Poland can relax in their group as well, they should be fine now. From memory Germany started pretty slowly though.

Ireland and Scotland drawing has probably meant Germany and Poland can relax in their group as well, they should be fine now. From memory Germany started pretty slowly though.
Hardly say they can "relax". Either could easily still end up in the play-offs if they took that approach

Hardly say they can "relax". Either could easily still end up in the play-offs if they took that approach

Depends how Ireland/Scotland go against them but if there are no upset wins in those games then they'll be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think you even watched the game, we played well in the second half. Pretty fluid and entertaining I thought.

Look Hodgson is no genius we all know that, but he has actually brought quite a few new players in over the last year or so. No one is under any illusions about England anymore, but to say things like "what is the point of the England football team" are just words from someone who is a bit on the stupid side if you ask me. Deserved to be called out
I happen to be English, and my perspective on the likes of Sterling is that, given time, he will be a very good player, but he will never be a Messi or Ronaldo (still, if LFC can sell him for £50 mil I won't say no!).

We need the likes of Wilshire and Walcott to be fit more, and we need Premiership sides to develop more English players. Otherwise we'll never achieve anything.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Everyone who isn't English laughs at the poms because they genuinely believe they are a chance before every tournament. The lols as they choke in another shootout are a sight to behold.
No, we don't think we have a chance. We haven't gone into a major tournament with serious belief we could win it for years now.

No, we don't think we have a chance. We haven't gone into a major tournament with serious belief we could win it for years now.

Let them think what they want, just tired all cliches from prejudiced Aussies. Pretty ironic considering their love of the premier league

The 10 years i Spent in London ROFL'ing during every major tournament England played in was just a mirage.

2010 was the last time the press talked us up - since then there has been no expectations.

Anyway there's nothing wrong in going in with confidence - it's not as if England were just also-rans at many of those tournaments. We had some good players who had shone in the CL. The red-tops just goes overboard with the bravado - everyone knows that and only a mug would take what they say seriously anyway.

To be honest, what I've seen of you thus far makes me think you are probably one of those mugs.

2010 was the last time the press talked us up - since then there has been no expectations.

Anyway there's nothing wrong in going in with confidence - it's not as if England were just also-rans at many of those tournaments. We had some good players who had shone in the CL. The red-tops just goes overboard with the bravado - everyone knows that and only a mug would take what they say seriously anyway.

To be honest, what I've seen of you thus far makes me think you are probably one of those mugs.

tumblr_lsbnytNsGh1qfo5gw.png

BTW - do you still have your plastic england flag sticking out of the car window?

i expect the irony of your own post is lost on you.

Stop posting like a mug and I won't call you one

Back