Favourite hidden moments of the Grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Walls presenting Clarko the Jock McHale Medal. Wasn't he the coach of Carlton at the battle of Britain game? Coz it looked pretty painful for him to be happy presenting that medal to "The Special One".

When Hill kicked the goal in all that space in the first quarter, Rioli only saw him cos Roughy ran pass and quietly told him to turn around as we had a loose player. Didn't let the Eagles have an extra half second to cover him.
I thought that may have happened as Cyril turned around with abrupt intent and dished it off with purpose to find Hilly in a paddock.

I love the unselfishness of our players.

To watch some other clubs....their players greed near goals is sometimes embarassing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Izzy had a bloody blinder..
Keep saying it, but with the watching of the replay and the highlights, it just keeps making me shake my head.

Re. Hidden moments, poppy had a nice game. His field kicking has improved out of sight.

The sourpuss look on gilligans face while the players were presented with their medals. As CEO, he should show some professionalism and at least try to look happy for the players at that point. I know we have screwed his equalisation dreams but seriously, what a douchebag.

Agree. The GF is the culmination of a lot of hard work by a lot of people including Gill and it was a well conducted event, held without incident. Enjoy the moment instead of coming across as a sullen ass.

Last edited:
Haven't heard it mentioned anywhere, but in the after game celebration, I think it was after they interviewed the wags on field, Sam Mitchell's son slams one of his sisters into the ground, then she just jumps back up as if nothing had happened. Guess she gets that from her dad.

If the women's league comes into fruition - how good is our team going to be with the two Mitchell twins in the midfield!

After watching the replay again last night. I'd say the biggest hidden moments were Breust's one percenters and his superbly clean hands.

P.S. And I still can't believe Isaac didn't poll top 3 in the Norm Smith?

Yeah, alot of people saying he wasn't at his best but I thought he contributed enormously with those little things that add up to have big effects

A mate of mine had money on Smith for the Norm at great odds. He was obviously spewing when he found Izzy only polled the one vote...

Yeah, alot of people saying he wasn't at his best but I thought he contributed enormously with those little things that add up to have big effects

A mate of mine had money on Smith for the Norm at great odds. He was obviously spewing when he found Izzy only polled the one vote...
I had $10 on Frawley @ 71.00. Considering he kept the Coleman medalist to his only goalless game of the year in the GF you could consider him stiff. If it'd been a close game and West Coast's midfield hadn't been so limp with their delivery then he might've polled more - but we also might not have won.

When Hill kicked the goal in all that space in the first quarter, Rioli only saw him cos Roughy ran pass and quietly told him to turn around as we had a loose player. Didn't let the Eagles have an extra half second to cover him.
I was wondering whether Cyril didn't notice him on the big screen at the end of the Olympic as he was walking back from the mark. Haven't seen the game on the tele yet.

Going back a way but...........

If anyone has a copy of the '08 GF, Campbell Brown spoils in the last qtr and ends up sprawled all over the ground, he then gets up with this look on his head and bumps one of the Cats players that just cops it like a bitch.

Still gets me stiff every time.

Anyone else remember/love this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that may have happened as Cyril turned around with abrupt intent and dished it off with purpose to find Hilly in a paddock.

I love the unselfishness of our players.

To watch some other clubs....their players greed near goals is sometimes embarassing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Been watching some post game shows this week and all these "experts" in the media all think Cyril somehow had a 6th sense and knew. We know he's good but he's doesn't have supernatural powers!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

At the end of the 3rd when Hodge barges through and gets off a handpass, an Eagles player (McGovern?) comes had helps him up and taps him on the back. Good old fashioned sportsmanship.

And then gets his ass kicked in the media for doing so

Has suckers giving the bird come up yet?

When Suckling gave Puopolo the bird after he missed him with that pass near the boundary a few seconds after he came on the ground.

Not sure who it was to though, initially I thought Puopolo for the shitty pass, but now I'm thinking it was some sort of sub sledge from a Weagle.

And then gets his ass kicked in the media for doing so

McGovern showed some class and character in that one single act...unlike the cowardly sooking media who castigated him saying that it was going a bit too far and it could been seen as showing weakness.

Ffs in a world where the standards are sliding lower everyday.....it was a breath of fresh air.

After Smith kicks his 2nd goal (the crumb and dribble from pocket) he celebrates in front of a bay of Hawks supporters. But sitting right in the middle of the front row is a defeated looking West Coast supporter who is like "* it" and puts the hand out for a 'high' five from Smith... and gets one! :D

Particularly entertaining given the supporter interaction he had from an opposition supporter the week before.

Schoe's best puopolo '13 impression hasn't been mentioned much I don't think.

Leading up to the early Birchall goal he commits five pressure acts in about 5 seconds to eventually spill the ball towards Mitch.

Does not look quite as dynamic and aggro as poppa does, actually he is pretty much just staggering around wAving his arms and falling over but it is fantastic endeavour that gave us an early buffer.

Schoe's best puopolo '13 impression hasn't been mentioned much I don't think.

Leading up to the early Birchall goal he commits five pressure acts in about 5 seconds to eventually spill the ball towards Mitch.

Does not look quite as dynamic and aggro as poppa does, actually he is pretty much just staggering around wAving his arms and falling over but it is fantastic endeavour that gave us an early buffer.

Was this all started when Breust was 3 feet out of bounds?
In all seriousness, was anyone in that pocket, his feet appeared to be that far out that the old stretch of the arms wasn't going to keep the ball in play.

After watching the replay again last night. I'd say the biggest hidden moments were Breust's one percenters and his superbly clean hands.

P.S. And I still can't believe Isaac didn't poll top 3 in the Norm Smith?

Breust was a beast. 2nd only to Mitchell in contested possessions. 9 disposals in the 1st quarter and instrumental in us getting the early lead. Involved in a number of goals, including that tap to Gunston that was pure genius.

That said, my favourite bit has probably been said a few times, but when Smith chipped that ball in from the boundary line it was a West Coast supporter who stuck out his hand for a high-5. Legend of a bloke who accepted his team being beaten by the better side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back