Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're being a little unfair. That women are killed as a result of DV is tragic and there can be no doubt that as a society we need to find ways to reduce the number of these deaths, preferably to zero as naively optimistic as that goal might be. It is troubling though if the statistics are being distorted because quite simply it's dishonest and misrepresents the extent of the problem

I think you're being a little unfair. That women are killed as a result of DV is tragic and there can be no doubt that as a society we need to find ways to reduce the number of these deaths, preferably to zero as naively optimistic as that goal might be. It is troubling though if the statistics are being distorted because quite simply it's dishonest and misrepresents the extent of the problem

I actually find it more concerning that the chief of police would stand there while this information is peddled. I expect lies and deception from a politician but would prefer honesty and integrity from a senior police official on a matter of public interest.

I think it is disturbing that both of you find it concerning that the number of deaths may be out by 3 or 4 instead of concentrating on the problem of people dying.
You pay lip service to the deaths and the majority of your posts is about lying or misrepresentation of the numbers?

Something seriously wrong with priorities here.

I think it is disturbing that both of you find it concerning that the number of deaths may be out by 3 or 4 instead of concentrating on the problem of people dying.
You pay lip service to the deaths and the majority of your posts is about lying or misrepresentation of the numbers?

Something seriously wrong with priorities here.
It becomes too easy to accept deception if it is for a good cause. It will become a rule rather than an exception. The real numbers of deaths from intimate partner violence are significant enough to stand alone.

The fact that a number of high ranking officials and high profile people are knowingly lying to everyone repeatedly is unfortunate.

It becomes too easy to accept deception if it is for a good cause. It will become a rule rather than an exception. The real numbers of deaths from intimate partner violence are significant enough to stand alone.

The fact that a number of high ranking officials and high profile people are knowingly lying to everyone repeatedly is unfortunate.
Can't help yourself can you?

The irony. The numbers until may have has a bare minimum 14 added to them, possibly they have more than doubled the numbers, yet you fog it off as 1 or two so you can personally attack us for talking about it. This is narcissistic s**t.

There's an English women associating with a chiefs of police, our premiers and our prime ministers lying to the media, yet you attack us, you don't care we being lied to. You don't care that families are having their loved ones murder deliberately misrepresented and used for political spin. No we're the problems for mentioning it. You obviously agree with peoples suffering being exploited.

I am continually amazed at the way MRA jihadis and the apologists for men who murder women nit pick over statistics.
So you're happy to be fed bullshit and anyone who questions the accuracy of what they're told is an apologist or jihadi?

I normally like your posts but you're a bit off beam here. DV is a problem and I'm not arguing otherwise - the stats on DV are also hard to accurately determine because a lot of instances go unreported so anecdotal evidence needs to be relied on.

When it comes to deaths from DV that shouldn't be as difficult to get right so when it appears that the two a week sound byte may be overblown it's reasonable to question why it has been done. One a week it's horrible in its own right and isn't acceptable and it shouldn't be necessary to inflate this when it isn't true

So you're happy to be fed bullshit and anyone who questions the accuracy of what they're told is an apologist or jihadi?

I normally like your posts but you're a bit off beam here. DV is a problem and I'm not arguing otherwise - the stats on DV are also hard to accurately determine because a lot of instances go unreported so anecdotal evidence needs to be relied on.

When it comes to deaths from DV that shouldn't be as difficult to get right so when it appears that the two a week sound byte may be overblown it's reasonable to question why it has been done. One a week it's horrible in its own right and isn't acceptable and it shouldn't be necessary to inflate this when it isn't true
I agree that stats should be accurate, my problem is with the motivation behind a couple of the posters who are questioning the stats.

I agree that stats should be accurate, my problem is with the motivation behind a couple of the posters who are questioning the stats.

Their motivation is that they're taxpayers, and government taskforces on domestic violence use taxpayer funds. The stats on which governments base the allocation of these funds must be absolutely, unequivocally, 100% correct, and you're not on this planet if you think otherwise.

The irony. The numbers until may have has a bare minimum 14 added to them, possibly they have more than doubled the numbers, yet you fog it off as 1 or two so you can personally attack us for talking about it. This is narcissistic s**t.

There's an English women associating with a chiefs of police, our premiers and our prime ministers lying to the media, yet you attack us, you don't care we being lied to. You don't care that families are having their loved ones murder deliberately misrepresented and used for political spin. No we're the problems for mentioning it. You obviously agree with peoples suffering being exploited.
What does being 'an English woman' have to do with it? By the way, I am not a fan of hers, I think she should include both sexes as an issue.

I really don't see the discrepancy in the the numbers as big a problem as you do, I am more concerned about finding a solution. You are right, I couldn't care less whether it is 10, 15 or 20 or whatever the actual figure is. If we can help eradicate even one death, that is my preference. Physical violence leading to serious injury and or death is wrong.
Sadly I have become immune to governments and the media lying, it is part of their ethos.

However if the lying of actual numbers is the bigger issue for you than trying to find out what drives one person to kill or brutally assault another person in a relationship is not something you would like to put a stop to or understand better, then there is no point in discussing further.

Can't help yourself can you?
My main issue is the lack of focus on the safety of children in the public discourse, the fact that society seems hesitant to acknowledge the bad things women and mothers can do to their children(compared to fathers and men at least), and the fact that in the public sphere Australia seems to care more about women than children.

If men were responsible for the vast majority of child abuse in Australia I truly believe more public attention would be given to the issue.

I also take issue with the fact that the abuse and deaths of children can be used as a political tool to further women's interests rather than that of children.

The deception in the use of statistics to gather public funding by high profile figures can make them appear to be acting in their own self interest rather than with integrity along with only good intentions.

I am continually amazed at the way MRA jihadis and the apologists for men who murder women nit pick over statistics.
You're extremely critical then of the mangina sjw feminist types then who scoff rebuke and ridicule stats like the one in three campaigns relating to male domestic violence victims? You'd be nothing but a hypocrite if you weren't.

The facebook link is clearly talking about violent deaths of women this year being 38.

On average women are violently killed at a rate of 80 over a year. By May, this number had already hit 38.

Out of the 38, 22 were killed by partner, husband, or ex-partner.

Some people seem to be hung up on the idea that the entire 38 is being counted as DV, where as the idea that 38 people have violently been murdered, should be the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're extremely critical then of the mangina sjw feminist types then who scoff rebuke and ridicule stats like the one in three campaigns relating to male domestic violence victims? You'd be nothing but a hypocrite if you weren't.

:drunk:

The facebook link is clearly talking about violent deaths of women this year being 38.

On average women are violently killed at a rate of 80 over a year. By May, this number had already hit 38.

Some people seem to be hung up on the idea that the entire 38 is being counted as DV, where as the idea that 38 people have violently been murdered, should be the point.
People are not saying that page is misleading. Public figures attributing all those deaths to DV to mislead the public is what people are pointing out.

BORK, little graham do you believe that too many women are being killed by their male partners/former partners?

Do you believe its perfectly okay for chiefs of police and premiers to stand next to feminists deliberately doubling the figures and exploiting the suffering and grief of innocent families? Because trying to change the subject like you are here and turn it around on us seems pretty apparent , that you are.

Two thirds of all murder victims are male.

That sites stats is what Rosie batty is using when she lies about 2 women are killed by male domestic violence every week.

Two thirds of all murder victims are male.

That sites stats is what Rosie batty is using when she lies about 2 women are killed by male domestic violence every week.

how many male victims have died in their own homes by their partners, ex-partners or wives?

I'd prefer accurate stats to be used. I think the idea that 22 women having being killed this year is enough.

I also would be interested to see the total number of homicides, considering that we have just been told its at its lowest rate ever, except we have had 38 women murdered in less than half a year, where the average is normally 80, I believe, which indicates that the total number of people murdered has dropped, yet there has been no change for women being murdered by their intimate partners, and as awareness and campaigns increase, so does the number of reported DV cases.

Do you believe its perfectly okay for chiefs of police and premiers to stand next to feminists deliberately doubling the figures and exploiting the suffering and grief of innocent families? Because trying to change the subject like you are here and turn it around on us seems pretty apparent , that you are.

Little Graham: The stats are wrong. Here's proof.

Reframers: So you're condoning violence against women?!

Reframers: Do you believe too many women are being killed by their partners?

Reframers: You misogynist prick!

Reframers: You violence-promoting arsehole!

Welcome to political discourse in Australia. Nevermind facts, the agenda is what counts, and they'll continue to reframe the debate until the smear campaign is complete.

They're like the audience on Q & A.

It really is a yes/no question I asked.

I notice there are a few suspected murder suicides in total number. Trying to reduce suicide could possibly help reduce the number of deaths from domestic violence.

BORK, little graham do you believe that too many women are being killed by their male partners/former partners?
Yes. I also believe too many children are abused, there are too many workplace deaths etc. Lying to take over public debate and place dramatic focus on one area or need to the detriment of many others is where the problem sits.

They are lying to give the impression that the problem is growing . The lower number is dramatic enough and speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back