Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
ok, we can probably stop using the Geelong preview thread for finals discussion and start with this one.

Here's how it works...

IMG_4577.PNG

So Adelaide away in week one and probably Port at home in week 2 (much better than the swans I reckon) then away to Geelong in the third week (hopefully at the MCG which will allow us to spread, which we can't do on the narrow Kardinia Park)

Thoughts?

:rolleyes:It's fundamentally wrong to be predicting S/F before we've lost the QF. :)Lack of faith in my view.
We may have a PF at the G against either Richmond or Geelong.
Crows are an awesome team, but history is littered with teams who've lifted into finals, and minor premiers who falter. I always said the flag winner will be the team that lifts in finals, and I'm comfortable it is still the case.
If we lose then Port would be most likely.

Looking at finals this is my prediction.

Week 1
QF 1 - Adelaide vs GWS
Adelaide win advance to PF1
GWS advances to SF1

QF 2 - Geelong vs Richmond
Richmond win advance to PF2
Geelong advances to SF2

EF 1 - Port Adelaide vs West Coast
Port Adelaide win advance SF1
West Coast eliminated

EF 2 - Sydney vs Essendon
Sydney win advances to SF2
Essendon eliminated

Week 2
SF 1 - GWS vs Port Adelaide
GWS win advances to PF2
Port Adelaide eliminated

SF 2 - Geelong vs Sydney
Geelong win advances to PF1
Sydney eliminated

Week 3
PF 1 - Adelaide vs Geelong
Adelaide win advances to GF
Geelong eliminated

PF 2 - Richmond vs GWS
GWS win advances to GF
Richmond eliminated

Week 4
GF - Adelaide vs GWS
GWS win to achieve inaugural Premiership

Last edited:

If it's not to be top two, then fourth is a good place to settle to dodge the in form Swans. Will be happy to face Port or the upset winner from eighth. A first up win against the Crows would be great in that you have to bank finals wins, but too many weeks off in finals is also a concern where momentum is concerned.

Looking at finals this is my prediction.

Week 1
QF 1 - Adelaide vs GWS
Adelaide win advance to PF1
GWS advances to SF1

QF 2 - Geelong vs Richmond
Richmond win advance to PF2
Geelong advances to SF2

EF 1 - Port Adelaide vs Melbourne
Port Adelaide win advance SF1
Melbourne eliminated

EF 2 - Sydney vs Essendon
Sydney win advances to SF2
Essendon eliminated

Week 2
SF 1 - GWS vs Port Adelaide
GWS win advances to PF2
Port Adelaide eliminated

SF 2 - Geelong vs Sydney
Geelong win advances to PF1
Sydney eliminated

Week 3
PF 1 - Adelaide vs Geelong
Adelaide win advances to GF
Geelong eliminated

PF 2 - Richmond vs GWS
GWS win advances to GF
Richmond eliminated

Week 4
GF - Adelaide vs GWS
GWS win to achieve inaugural Premiership
What about an all Sydney GF? That would send our rivalry through the roof. The Mexicans would loose their collective minds.

Adelaide away is probably the least favourable position we could have found ourselves in for first week of finals but if we can get over that then it'll do wonders for our run from there on.

Right now I couldn't care less who could face in the GF, as long as we're there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide in Adelaide is the hardest final out there, so it's good fortune to play them with a second chance.

We can put caution to the wind and play the orange tsunami full on.

as expected, we'll be playing on the Thursday

DIOs-9fUQAEs_N7.jpg

as expected, we'll be playing on the Thursday

DIOs-9fUQAEs_N7.jpg
:DYaaaay
Just realised I'm on council election duties that weekend, long standing commitment I cant avoid. Now I can go and be back in time.
:oops:And now I feel guilty knowing it's a bastard if a time for most people who want to go.

:DYaaaay
Just realised I'm on council election duties that weekend, long standing commitment I cant avoid. Now I can go and be back in time.
:oops:And now I feel guilty knowing it's a bastard if a time for most people who want to go.
Thursday is the best for me as well. I have many things on for me that weekend and since it's interstate, makes it ok to be a week day game as I can just watch at home and not worry about transport etc

But yeah, difficult for those willing to travel unfortunately

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/OrangeArmy

It’s here. We’ve worked hard, ridden the highs and lows, and it’s all for this. The Finals are here.

The Orange Army is building, the voice is fuller and we would not have reached this milestone without our members’ support.
This September we will continue to be better, fly high, drive hard and outsmart our opponents to achieve finals greatness.

Enlist in the Orange Army as we unite as players, coaches, partners, members, and fans to create history. This is our year.

Enlist in the Orange Army today to secure your Limited-Edition Orange Army Sticker, redeemable at the GIANTS' Home Final*.

Send us a photo of your Orange Army or leave a message for the GIANTS and you could win an Exclusive GIANTS Orange Army Merchandise Pack.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/OrangeArmy

It’s here. We’ve worked hard, ridden the highs and lows, and it’s all for this. The Finals are here.

The Orange Army is building, the voice is fuller and we would not have reached this milestone without our members’ support.
This September we will continue to be better, fly high, drive hard and outsmart our opponents to achieve finals greatness.

Enlist in the Orange Army as we unite as players, coaches, partners, members, and fans to create history. This is our year.

Enlist in the Orange Army today to secure your Limited-Edition Orange Army Sticker, redeemable at the GIANTS' Home Final*.

Send us a photo of your Orange Army or leave a message for the GIANTS and you could win an Exclusive GIANTS Orange Army Merchandise Pack.
Hell,
I enlisted

Hi guys, hopefully I haven't made too many bad comments about your team, players, or supporters in the past. For any members who can't make it, I would love a barcode for an opportunity to attend this game as a neutral. I can offer the same as a trade, have plenty of Eagles barcodes spare if there is any interest in attending our game. Never been to Adelaide oval so wanted to make the most of seeing some games there. Good luck in finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back