Football Related Random Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 2

I was wondering that too since I am paying a bomb for foxtel $89/mth (with two connections and IQ) and I dont get the movies. Not that I watch a lot of movies, actually I have several hundred from Bali I have never watched. But dammit I want it even if I am not going to use it.

So outside of the football, top gear (dead now), the boxing (which is a bit s**t on fox anyway, espn ok) and the F1 (sort of on fta) I am wondering what I have it for.

I got FOX specifically for the F1, this weeks race for example not on FTA

Yeah, get U.S. Netflix. Not the poorer Aussie version.

And don't stress Skoob, once you use it you will realize whey they can't give you an easy list. It evolves daily. New stuff appears and some older stuff disappears. It's a really organic system that tracks your preferences and makes constant recommendations based in what you watch. Just giving you a massive raw list would be counter to what they are trying to do (though third party websites will still emerge allowing you to do just that).

It's cool. Miles ahead of Stan and the other imitators.

Free trial for a month is available. Yes you still need to create an account, but obviously you're not too against the idea if you're thinking of signing up. :p

Third party sites have lists of what's available (and for movies). There's probably better databases out there, but that was the result of a five second Google.

From my understanding of Netflix, you're incorrect in believing that not everything is available with the subscription. Some of the other streaming services do so but Netflix does not. One price for all, save for number of screens and SD v HD.
On the contrary, I'm the sort of stubborn nutjob that won't ask for pricing at Bunnings (or elsewhere), if you can't display it, I ain't buying it. On principle alone, I resent having to create an account just to consider a purchase. Give me an run down on what you've got, and I might trial it from there. Though I suspect the others may be poorer content, I am more inclined to buy their product, simply because they could be bothered telling me what they've got.

I did find a site, for those interested ( http://www.allflicks.net/ ) independent of Netflix who display their content.
I'll probably get it (good for the price, now I have NBN), but still resent their approach to marketing. (I'm principled, but cheap):p

Yeah, get U.S. Netflix. Not the poorer Aussie version.

And don't stress Skoob, once you use it you will realize whey they can't give you an easy list. It evolves daily. New stuff appears and some older stuff disappears. It's a really organic system that tracks your preferences and makes constant recommendations based in what you watch. Just giving you a massive raw list would be counter to what they are trying to do (though third party websites will still emerge allowing you to do just that).

It's cool. Miles ahead of Stan and the other imitators.
I recall reading about your appraoch/access to the US version, and...well..you know I'm a techno dill. I presume that method of access is unchanged?
Subscribe to a DNS hider server thingy, then subscribe to Netflix USA?
I'm not a huge watcher of series, like G.O.T. or House of Cards, more the occasional sit-com (which I don't watch/follow religiously either) just that the programming/offering of FTA is at an all time low. I find myself watching a bit of ABC on Iview lately. It's the 'view on demand' aspect that is most important. My real preference lately is British comedy/news panel shows, like '8 out of 10 cats', 'Would I lie to you', 'Mock the week'. I don't think any of these are likely to appear, but it's the non-serialised stuff that I can watch one episode of here and there that appeals. Even sit-coms are becoming serials lately.

Anyone signed up for Netflix (or any of the poorer cousins)?
Perhaps I'm a bit weird, but I don't like giving my details or creating accounts (even if free) if I don't know what is on offer.
I find it ridiculous that Netflix don't provide any details of what is available on their website. It's like paying for entry or driving to a shop when you don't know what the shop sells inside. Other than "thousands of movies and TV shows", they offer no clue as to what I might get access to. Coincidentally, there are thousands of movies and TV shows that I have no interest in.

I did ask, via online chat, and got the following response;
View attachment 118761
What a crock. I would be more likely to trial the thing if there was access to their programme menu to see what was on offer. 'STAN' is much the same as far as I can tell, but at least show images of examples. Presto, which I take to be the poorest cousin, does have access to a menu of their shows and movies.

Am I right in believing not everything is available with the subscription cost ( some pay per view content, namely new release movies)?
I just find it an odd way to market, "If you want to know what you could have, sign up".
Maybe I'm just a cranky old man (I know I am) but still.

I can't see why they can't at least list some of their bigger or more popular shows such as House of Cards, Orange is the New Black etc (on U.S version at least not sure about local one).

I can't see why they can't at least list some of their bigger or more popular shows such as House of Cards, Orange is the New Black etc (on U.S version at least not sure about local one).
I have seen other sites where you can search or view a list of content (even if were to change daily) it would be current, just when you click to view, it would ask to login or subscribe. The Fox app on my tv does this. I can see what is 'playing now', I just can't play it without a login.

Oh well, as I say, it just bugs me. I probably won't complain to the communications ombudsman, and will probably still get it.:D

I got FOX specifically for the F1, this weeks race for example not on FTA
But if you subscribed to f1.com you can view it on the computer, through the internet which is now on computers...apparantly.

But if the procession of last race is anything to go on it will be Hamilton, Rosberg, large space, the rest. Danny pushing it uphill to get that Redbull anywhere near the front.

I hardly watch TV now, prefer a good book, but when are they going to get the footy etc on something like Netflix for a smallish amount a week. I would pay for the footy and the darts for that matter via this type of medium but am not paying an octogenarian US citizen drunkenly tweeting support for violence and racial abuse in the workplace a red 7 asterisk red cent via some exorbitant fee of $90 odd dollars no matter what.
Im with you John I recently bought the concise works of Edgar Allen Poe, not that I have read it but I feel smarter for owning it. So a good book (going through the Vince Flynn series again) or clown midget pr0n...in a bathtub. I oscillate between the two.

Alrighty, JB is about to be On the Couch......and he is calling games for Foxtel at the weekends so...

....when is he ever going to be home?:eek:

....and when will he get time to coach our forwards, or is he not doing that anymore?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how to stop these awful pop ups taking over my screen and constantly getting redirected to be pages?it's driving me insane. Cheers in advance

Can anyone tell me how to stop these awful pop ups taking over my screen and constantly getting redirected to be pages?it's driving me insane. Cheers in advance
Download https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) plus. Gets rid of popups but there are some that install dodgy programs and add ons. If you use Chrome go to settings > extensions and delete any you don't recognise or that look dodgy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alrighty, JB is about to be On the Couch......and he is calling games for Foxtel at the weekends so...

....when is he ever going to be home?:eek:

....and when will he get time to coach our forwards, or is he not doing that anymore?
He only coaches one (or maybe two) days per week.

The social club thing is 86 bucks for 2 adults and 2 kids. Anyone know what the menu is or what that includes? I haven't found any detailed info. I'm not paying that sort of money for burgers and chips.

I assume it would be similar to the old members dining room. i.e. not fine dining but not burgers and chips either.

Bistro/sporting club kinda fare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back