No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Caro (and all other sports media people these days), it's just a "look at me" factor.

Or maybe they're just saying "please read my column", or "please watch me on TV, I'm still relevant".

They just want attention
Correction they need the attention else they would have no job. Media = clickbait.

Find it hypocritical. He hates them, but since they will pay him, he'll change his attitude and join them.
Micks media attitude may have been part of how he coached (us v all them outsiders). He was good in media when he finished at Collingwood.

clapping-smiley.gif

1000 pages for the

General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

thread.

Banner required ..

682352-3a30c50a-2bfa-11e4-8455-dc07a659cb65.jpg

I know a little WHITE worm, I would love to be booed! McGlynn, sniping little prick. He and Whinger would get on well.. Would the 3 muppet journos write about the indigenous if they booed and abused the white race? I don't think so.. I was at a meeting several years ago, and an indigenous man,came into the room, uninvited I might add, yelled out very loudly about the white man,he hates them, abused us, almost threatened us. He was removed in a respectable way, took him outside, one of our committee, sat on the steps with and talked to him quietly. He finally continued his abusive walk home!
It's only the White people that abuse people!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Checked the TV Guide to see if there was going to be some footy to watch tonight. Bloody Carlton getting smashed again. I hope Seven are getting the ratings they were after with all these big 4 matches on Fridays they've pushed for.

I ran into half of the Blues squad at my local cafe this morning and took the opportunity to tell a few of them how much I hate the $wans and how I wanted them to smash them tonight. I got a few blank faces and then one of them replied (name with-held) along the lines of "have you seen our form over the last few weeks?" to which a few nod in approval.

I responded "Yes, but it's a new start tonight isnt it?" to which they all slowly nodded.

It's incredible how low the morale really is over there...

I ran into half of the Blues squad at my local cafe this morning and took the opportunity to tell a few of them how much I hate the $wans and how I wanted them to smash them tonight. I got a few blank faces and then one of them replied (name with-held) along the lines of "have you seen our form over the last few weeks?" to which a few nod in approval.

I responded "Yes, but it's a new start tonight isnt it?" to which they all slowly nodded.

It's sad really, so many games I can't be bothered watching. Thank goodness tonight for tennis I love. Or Judge John Deed, love him too...:p

It's sad really, so many games I can't be bothered watching. Thank goodness tonight for tennis I love. Or Judge John Deed, love him too...:p
I have a book about the eating habits of Afghan camels and their impact on lotus flowers in Upper Mongolia. I am excited to tuck into this one tonight.

Considering Sydney only play them once and we play them twice (the second time a week out from finals) I'd much rather they don't find any form or fire in the belly.

Micks media attitude may have been part of how he coached (us v all them outsiders). He was good in media when he finished at Collingwood.
Cos that's where he was being paid. If he wasn't being paid, he'd hate them.

Would almost be us hiring Hird to be part of our coaching staff and him suddenly loving Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it. Got swans -80.5 in a multi.

I know a little WHITE worm, I would love to be booed! McGlynn, sniping little prick. He and Whinger would get on well.. Would the 3 muppet journos write about the indigenous if they booed and abused the white race? I don't think so.. I was at a meeting several years ago, and an indigenous man,came into the room, uninvited I might add, yelled out very loudly about the white man,he hates them, abused us, almost threatened us. He was removed in a respectable way, took him outside, one of our committee, sat on the steps with and talked to him quietly. He finally continued his abusive walk home!
It's only the White people that abuse people!:rolleyes:
You clearly have zero understanding of what racism in this country encompasses.

White people being offended for being called white?! Seriously?

It's one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard.

What's the negative connotation of being called a white bastard?

Early settlers raped, murdered and destroyed a culture, and those who are now left in between the two cultures have to try and deal with it. Stuck in a no man's land where they don't fit with the society they are told that they need to fit with, and lost to their own history and culture because of it.

They have to try and survive in a white man's world, all the time being judged because they are not white.

It's no wonder so many indigenous Australians continue to hold this grudge against white Australia.

You are welcome to call me anything you want. That's YOUR opinion.
I am certainly NOT a racist, as mentioned several times before, I live right next door to a Koori. Never had a bad word with them! We certainly don't treat them now, like we did when Cook came in 1770..Of course they were mistreated, their lives back then were so different. I hope and pray we never treat them like that again fgs. We should take care of them and we do a pretty good job. IMO! In my area there have been two really great buildings, built for them, so they can be employed there, they are Kooris that are employed there, quite a few of them. I think that is terrific.Of course we should help them whenever or wherever we can. Look how hard it is for some to play football in a strange city, our Cyril, cried every night when he moved from his home to ours.Would I be a racist? I sure as hell wouldn't have Cyril on my page if I was one.. I have no disrespect for them, but Surely I can dislike what they do! I love my kids, but there are something's they do that I don't like! End of my rant:rolleyes:

Let's hope Stosur can shut little Miss Squealer up tonight hey?

Cool story. True?

Early settlers raped, murdered and destroyed a culture, and those who are now left in between the two cultures have to try and deal with it. Stuck in a no man's land where they don't fit with the society they are told that they need to fit with, and lost to their own history and culture because of it.

They have to try and survive in a white man's world, all the time being judged because they are not white.

It's no wonder so many indigenous Australians continue to hold this grudge against white Australia.
I am an indigenous australian, my wife is a mekeo woman from PNG. Both of us hold PhD's (me in chemistry and my wife in English - the empowerment of indigenous women through writing)

I am fairly fair skinned and have never had trouble with being indigenous, I only tick the box if it affects positively the statistics. (There aren't many indigenous PhD's outside of Indigenous studies) and their are fewer with university medals.

I can't abide racism, nor can I abide divisiveness the sort dished out by Goodes. My kids are all mixed up in terms of race, they are human. But to say there isn't racism levelled at white people is also drawing a long bow. While I agree calling a white person white has less derogatory nature to it than calling a black person black, neither in and of itself is racist in thee same way as changing speech patterns for the sake of political correctness changes nothing in terms a persons heart or mind, only their mouth.

What I find offensive is walking into a bank and applying for a loan for a new car having it all approved and then my wife and kids entering and having it rejected within 60 seconds of this occurence.

I suppose people can easily misunderstand a situation and perhaps I have in that instance but it sure didn't look like it.

Things are sometimes easily misunderstood. I posted something in the adam goodes thread and people eg Messenger completely misunderstood the point of the post.

Live and learn.

True story:

As a person of swarthy Caucasian complexion, I was once attributed train-station outbursts of
"Oi, * off back to your own country you wog c*nt"
and
"Oi, get the * off OUR land, you white piece of s**t"

Needless to say, it was an interesting day.

I am an indigenous australian, my wife is a mekeo woman from PNG. Both of us hold PhD's (me in chemistry and my wife in English - the empowerment of indigenous women through writing)

I am fairly fair skinned and have never had trouble with being indigenous, I only tick the box if it affects positively the statistics. (There aren't many indigenous PhD's outside of Indigenous studies) and their are fewer with university medals.

I can't abide racism, nor can I abide divisiveness the sort dished out by Goodes. My kids are all mixed up in terms of race, they are human. But to say there isn't racism levelled at white people is also drawing a long bow. While I agree calling a white person white has less derogatory nature to it than calling a black person black, neither in and of itself is racist in thee same way as changing speech patterns for the sake of political correctness changes nothing in terms a persons heart or mind, only their mouth.

What I find offensive is walking into a bank and applying for a loan for a new car having it all approved and then my wife and kids entering and having it rejected within 60 seconds of this occurence.

I suppose people can easily misunderstand a situation and perhaps I have in that instance but it sure didn't look like it.

Things are sometimes easily misunderstood. I posted something in the adam goodes thread and people eg Messenger completely misunderstood the point of the post.

Live and learn.
Good onya grumble

True story:

As a person of swarthy Caucasian complexion, I was once attributed train-station outbursts of
"Oi, **** off back to your own country you wog c*nt"
and
"Oi, get the **** off OUR land, you white piece of s**t"

Needless to say, it was an interesting day.
Sadly, having worked in health care for numerous years this attitude can be quite common, however I don't debase an entire culture based on the racist ramblings of a few.

People are people, there is good and bad in every racial background. Is there racism towards whites? Absolutely, however we need to understand the context of where some of that hatred is based on. I'm not excusing the behaviour, I just wish we could move on from the labels that are given to people and get on with treating each other respectfully.

This ain't a rant aimed at you Blaze, just my opinion.

Sadly, having worked in health care for numerous years this attitude can be quite common, however I don't debase an entire culture based on the racist ramblings of a few.

People are people, there is good and bad in every racial background. Is there racism towards whites? Absolutely, however we need to understand the context of where some of that hatred is based on. I'm not excusing the behaviour, I just wish we could move on from the labels that are given to people and get on with treating each other respectfully.

This ain't a rant aimed at you Blaze, just my opinion.

Not at all mate, and I found the whole thing hilarious TBH, given that despite being half Mediterranean, the other half is anglo with a little indigenous australian mixed in.

I often get racially vilified from people who don't realise I'm actually at least partially from the same race as them. It's quite amusing all being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back