No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pre-game in Sydney on Friday night had five scenes to introduce Hawthorn, and five scenes only:
1) Hodge's hit on Ziebel (3 weeks)
2) Lewis's hit on Goldstein (2 weeks)
3) Mitchell's clash with Tex (not cited)
4) Gibbo's elbowing of someone, for which he was fined
5) Mitchell's corky on Fyfe, for which he was fined

The evil empire indeed ....

Yeah, this was priceless, I was told about this, talk about being overtly anti Hawks.

Interesting that you would pose this type of question. I was told unequivocally by a Tiger supporter friend of mine that he thought the Fix was in.

I actually LOL'd pretty hard. Not saying it isn't possible but I don't think this is the game to be thinking anything like this. I've been watching the replay and it is just a case of them 'coming to play' and Hawks not putting in the hard yards for long enough.

I thought we had problems half way through the first quarter. That;s the thing about our team, they let us know early whether they are fair dinkem or not. The umps, also indicated early, that they were also going to be pretty ordinary.

The pre-game in Sydney on Friday night had five scenes to introduce Hawthorn, and five scenes only:
1) Hodge's hit on Ziebel (3 weeks)
2) Lewis's hit on Goldstein (2 weeks)
3) Mitchell's clash with Tex (not cited)
4) Gibbo's elbowing of someone, for which he was fined
5) Mitchell's corky on Fyfe, for which he was fined

The evil empire indeed ....
It's things like this that makes me love my club more, but have increased hatred of the media, and The A.F.L.

Getting to be the most over used line in afl football

"Not a good look for the game"

And the biggest irony of all, is that most of the commentators wouldn't have the foggiest about aesthetics...Couldn't tell the difference between a masterpiece Or a piece of Kitsch most of em.....Yet any minor untoward incident or indiscretion is combed over in minute detail?:drunk:....Just get on with the game already.

The only thing ruining the 'look' of the game, are the continuous rugby-scrums....And the lack of an instinctive 'feel' for the game by the umpires, in breaking-up the folly.

Last edited:
Whilst Dawson only gets two for trying to cave Cameron's face in with his elbow?

If that was Hodge or Lewis they would have got 6.
Only 2 weeks for that is a complete joke, its so obvious that its target hawthron time. Robbo the fat drunk saying those tiger tuff guys are heroes give us a break how that wasnt 50 * me. Hes a disgrace so is the mrp, the * us every chance they get. And sewell is on it right?

No matter what happens at Metricon , obviously next week v Wcst and Freo v Wcst are absolute critical games for our top two aspirations.
If we beat WCE (huge if) Freo will throw the game against WCE. This helps them to avoid meeting WCE in a derby prelim, aiming for a derby GF (and would also get the extra day's break with both games at Subiaco).

Like we were gonna catch your % anyway. Doesn't affect you guys at all.

Only effect is it makes it harder for west coast to make top spot. Draw was as good as a win in terms of keeping top 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL a coach asking for a poor incompetent piece of umpiring to be explained is not a good look for the game, but a piece of poor incompetent umpiring is a fine upstanding paragon of all that is good for the game.

Good on Leon Cameron for pointing out the utter hometown bias of the umpires at Domain. Obviously this incident and perhaps others recently prove the AFL see free speech as a bad look for the game.Also I believe the result of a game has never been more susceptible to umpire interpretations.Prior opportunity,semi sling tackles,deliberate out of bounds,50 metre penalties and in game reports can all be manipulated to arrive at a desired outcome.

If we beat WCE (huge if) Freo will throw the game against WCE. This helps them to avoid meeting WCE in a derby prelim, aiming for a derby GF (and would also get the extra day's break with both games at Subiaco).

Even if Freo throw the game, I would not right off Adelaide beating WC in Adel and I also give the Dogs a chance to knock them off over there.

But it has unfortunately come down to us relying on the s**t of the competition to do us a favor and that is totally our fault. Losing games to Ess and GWS is going to bite us on the arse in the end.

Fug! We are an awesome club/team. We are what modern pies wanna be but fall way short thanks to on field incompetence!! Us Against Them!! Yobbo really makes me sick, apparently Tigers took up to us by pushing us around, yeah, well, Hawks dance in September!

Just watching on the couch with the tigers encroaching the mark whats with that? What was the point of the umpires? If they go over its 50 straight away not get back get back. Umpire by the rules.
Correct....you dont get prior warning....its 50 straight up.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Good on Leon Cameron for pointing out the utter hometown bias of the umpires at Domain. Obviously this incident and perhaps others recently prove the AFL see free speech as a bad look for the game.Also I believe the result of a game has never been more susceptible to umpire interpretations.Prior opportunity,semi sling tackles,deliberate out of bounds,50 metre penalties and in game reports can all be manipulated to arrive at a desired outcome.
And aren't the bloody game reports pathetically biased these days?????

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

And the biggest irony of all, is that most of the commentators wouldn't have the foggiest about aesthetics...Couldn't tell the difference between a masterpiece Or a piece of Kitsch most of em.....Yet any minor untoward incident or indiscretion is combed over in minute detail?:drunk:....Just get on with the game already.

The only thing ruining the 'look' of the game, are the continuous rugby-scrums....And the lack of an instinctive 'feel' for the game by the umpires, in breaking-up the folly.

Isn't their job to call the game? Sometimes I wonder, as they spend so much time on unassociated b/s, like bits from their playing days, to reintroducing any suspect acts by us. The latest, which gives me the sh1ts is when Murphy and Cotchin started pushing and punching before the ball was bounced, the commentators couldn't wait to call how pleased they are to see these captains showing some aggression. "Hawks style." "Hodgey would be proud of that."

When we do anything similar, all they squeal is "unsociable football."

Can't wait for the finals, when, I hope we can show all the other finalists we play, that they're just pretenders, and are dreaming, if they think they can beat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back