No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the way this season is going top 2 is far from out of our reach, Freo going to be the only undefeated team after this round and they've played in Perth 3 out of 4 rounds so far, I look at their draw and think gee they have it fairly easy, but their older guys are going to have to do a lot more traveling later in the year

Totally agree. Don't know why people always think we are the only good team that is going to have a few losses.

Freo should be premiership favourites now. They've beaten Port and Sydney and haven't struggled at all with Geelong or West Coast. We've only beaten two sides who probably won't finish in the top 8 and while we've acquitted ourselves by the final siren in the other two games we've still ultimately lost and been exposed badly in our first halves. I'm confident we'll sort ourselves out by the time the business end of the season comes around (like each of the 3 previous years) but for right now we're not the form team or in a position where we can really claim the favourites title (not that we are claiming it as a club).

Try telling this to some of our fickle supporters; some expect to win by 10 goals every week. Look at Crows today, got blown away early, but haven't got Hawk character, and couldn't make any inroads.

Agree Th - but bottom line is -
a win is a win
a loss is a loss and no 4 points.

[QUOTE="WWSD, post: 38188177, member: 91754"]Fremantle have proven they still can't beat us outside of Melbourne. If they are relying on playing us in a final in Perth to beat us good luck to them. Their style of play can't match us at the G. They haven't beaten us in Melbourne since 2001.[/QUOTE]

Now there's an interesting Stat!

Though we do play them in Tassie this year & have played them there a few times since 2001.

Was watching the Roos Cats game yesterday and noticed Waite take a mark. He led with the stops of his boots and planted them firmly in the back (high up) of the Cats player. I thought at the time that it was a dangerous move but it seems acceptable by the AFL for such an action. What are others thoughts on this?

Was watching the Roos Cats game yesterday and noticed Waite take a mark. He led with the stops of his boots and planted them firmly in the back (high up) of the Cats player. I thought at the time that it was a dangerous move but it seems acceptable by the AFL for such an action. What are others thoughts on this?
Would do considerably more damage had he drove his knee into the back of his head
Rather a scratch than a KO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what the reaction would have been if a courageous player was trying to mark while running with the flight, and coped that foot right in the face?

Try telling this to some of our fickle supporters; some expect to win by 10 goals every week. Look at Crows today, got blown away early, but haven't got Hawk character, and couldn't make any inroads.
I expect to win every week. I think I have a right to expect that, given we can blitz any side on any given day. If it doesn't happen, then so be it. We can hardly be expected to win every game. But going into each game? Damn right I expect to win. And disappointed if we lose.

Doesn't make me a fickle supporter. But let me tell what does s**t me, though - people saying things like "I have marked us down for a loss against X because we are playing away from home and Y,Z factors come into play." Defeatist attitude.

I expect to win every week. I think I have a right to expect that, given we can blitz any side on any given day. If it doesn't happen, then so be it. We can hardly be expected to win every game. But going into each game? Damn right I expect to win. And disappointed if we lose.

Doesn't make me a fickle supporter. But let me tell what does s**t me, though - people saying things like "I have marked us down for a loss against X because we are playing away from home and Y,Z factors come into play." Defeatist attitude.

My glass is always half full going into every game, and I am always reasonably confident. My reference to "fickle supporters" was aimed at those who one week want to celebrate our coach as the best ever, but the next condemn him for not stopping an opposition run-on. The same supporters praise and condemn players from week to week.
We are always best when our backs are to the wall, so North had better bring theur best on Saturday.

One thing mentioned on the weekend was geelong now had just 9 premiership players in the 22. ( theres another two injured)

Making the assumption 2014 might have been our last flag for a while, how would hawthorn look going into the 2018 season ?

Maybe no lake, hale, Hodge, burgoyne, mitchell (though im not sure on the last two)

That leaves 17 of the 22. Maybe a couple more in trades or early career injuries

How will we look ? Better or worse than geelong now ?

Many a time in David Parkin's realm as coach (late 70,s) - he worked out in the pre season which games we would win and which we would lose.

Every news on TV , Clarko,Clarko,Clarko, all we hear..Give it up, media, FGS..I feel for his family too, not only Clarko. I did hear Kennett stick up for Clarko. A person attacked Judd last week. I hope they follow that incident too, as well as another Melb supporter abusing Bacher too. What a weekend. Was there any football?:rolleyes:

That's exactly what I mentioned yesterday. No fingernail, or a hand, but you can use boots in the back marking a ball..Certainly was a push...

Last edited:

Waite has been doing that his entire career.

It is strange though how you can pretty much do whatever you want in a marking contest except run backwards into someone or put your hands on someone's back. Other than that it is open season to try and kill someone :eek:

One thing mentioned on the weekend was geelong now had just 9 premiership players in the 22. ( theres another two injured)

Making the assumption 2014 might have been our last flag for a while, how would hawthorn look going into the 2018 season ?

Maybe no lake, hale, Hodge, burgoyne, mitchell (though im not sure on the last two)

That leaves 17 of the 22. Maybe a couple more in trades or early career injuries

How will we look ? Better or worse than geelong now ?

Fair Dinkum Pessi....That's so far ahead, who the * knowso_O....I'm just concerned about this week mate, getting over Norf & having another shot at a Flag in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back