General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's time to get of Essendon's back and bring them back into the football community. The Hird era is over and I'm sick of hearing about an old, old scandal. Did they deserve what they copped, probably but is there ever be a time when it will stop?
Once it's demonstrated that running a clandestine drug campaign, blaming one person, stating a smear campaign against a government agency and nil formalised punishment against players is not an avenue worth pursuing. At the moment a club could readily blame one rouge person and players would get off free.

I think it's time to get of Essendon's back and bring them back into the football community. The Hird era is over and I'm sick of hearing about an old, old scandal. Did they deserve what they copped, probably but is there ever be a time when it will stop?

I agree, the AFL should just shoot them, take the license and give it to a group of people that don't want to treat human beings as guinea pigs in the name of sports science.

Since they won't however, I wait for the day that the individuals involved get pantsed and their balls get nailed to a $%$%^n post.

How would you feel if it was the saints? Would you be happy to cop 20 years?

I feel we would have handled it better, because if history is anything to go by, we could be sure that everyone was involved, they were split in two camps and within a week we'd have 2 directors, one from either side having slanging matches in front of cameras and on newspapers. So it wouldn't have nearly lasted as long, and we'd have a much better picture of what actually occurred. So yes, I am happy to hear in 20 years that we had Tim Watson as head coach, as I have been happy to hear how s**t we are and how University got a raw deal such is our shitness, because we're a foundation club, these newbies don't know s**t and should get offa our lawn!

Essendon blatantly disregarded the long term health of 34 men, everyone is all "oh I feel for the players..." I'm more s**t scared for them that when they're 60 some might have severe health problems because of what happened here and some might be already passed, and at that time, I'll be reminded that Essendons overriding response was "we don't know what went on" and "we're innocent, the AFL said so". Now, at that point my arthritis may be pretty bad, but I'd still want to punch the hell out of Essendon if I passed them on the street.

Anywho, Brissie jumped the Hawks, I'd be very worried having already paid out on them for the flag since their past couple weeks have been atrocious, also, whilst great to see Menzel back for the cats, I still love that AFL media were all "oh Cats v Crows elim for finals" and cats get smacked down by us who should have won it and the Pies both of whom have no chance to make it and both of whom combated them in GF's. I hope they took my advice last week and started to enjoy not making the 8, it's not really that bad.

I spoke to a guy last week who has a mate on Freos list ( don't want to say who ) and he had recently been to visit him.
Said player told my mate Ross has been going off lately telling the players they want it enough, telling them family has go to the back burner now and the only thing that matters is footy.
Said player has been offered contract extension but wants to wait hoping for an offer to move back to Vic, not a player of note and nothing to get excited about.
Just thought interesting

What was his speech at the 09 BnF?

"If you dont want to be here..."

Get the feeling Ross knows this is probably his last shot and deep down he is scared shitless that it's going to slip because of something he can't control.

I spoke to a guy last week who has a mate on Freos list ( don't want to say who ) and he had recently been to visit him.
Said player told my mate Ross has been going off lately telling the players they want it enough, telling them family has go to the back burner now and the only thing that matters is footy.
Said player has been offered contract extension but wants to wait hoping for an offer to move back to Vic, not a player of note and nothing to get excited about.
Just thought interesting

I can believe this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought interesting

Remember Khan Haretuku(spelling?) that used to be on our list? Should of heard how Ross told him he wasn't cut out to make the big league. Jaw dropping how crushing he was and didn't even try to soften the blow.

Unless your a regular under old Rossco, then you probably arnt his biggest fan.

Who the hell at the AFL thought playing Melbourne vs GWS at Etihad was a good idea?

Where else are they going to play it? Casey Field?

Carlton are going to suffer for a very long time. A LOT of their senior players leaving... they're going to suffer in a similar fashion to the dees.

A ridiculous influx of young talent, but only to be taught on field by the likes of Murphy... Cripps... and no one else lol. They need more leaders than that.

Blues fans should be in for a long run of pain

Carlton are going to suffer for a very long time. A LOT of their senior players leaving... they're going to suffer in a similar fashion to the dees.

A ridiculous influx of young talent, but only to be taught on field by the likes of Murphy... Cripps... and no one else lol. They need more leaders than that.

Blues fans should be in for a long run of pain
I think there bringing Ryan Houlihan & Barnaby French out of retirement, to even the numbers..

In the car, MMM on and I hear Jason Dunstall say "I have no problem with Freo resting 12 people, because it doesn't affect anyone", he then goes on to list Freo and Port and yay all is good in the world. Except that the elephant in the room is the damned sport itself, since you're diminishing the game for the however many thousands of supporters who, without them, the AFL would be a concept on a $%^N wall in an office, but effectively saying that it's AOK to put up an inferior team on the basis that next week is harder than this week.

Nice to see former players, media commentators and otherwise AFL people not giving a s**t about the people that funded their kids through college simply because they were good with pigskin.

Eh. Don't really care TBH. There's 44 players on the list for a reason, if management isn't one of the reasons then that's balls to the wall ridiculous.

It's a backhanded compliment that Freo are traveling, chiefly because if they instead chose to forfeit, firstly the AFL will not roll over and say "yeah sure, rest half your 1st picked side, s'ok!" it will tell them to board that goddamn plane and play that goddamn game, as the public backlash would be sizable and the lost revenue the AFL won't stomach, as evidenced by us playing us when Essendon couldn't make it to Yarrawonga because injecting water into smoke to make undetectable record keeping.

In the car, MMM on and I hear Jason Dunstall say "I have no problem with Freo resting 12 people, because it doesn't affect anyone", he then goes on to list Freo and Port and yay all is good in the world. Except that the elephant in the room is the damned sport itself, since you're diminishing the game for the however many thousands of supporters who, without them, the AFL would be a concept on a $%^N wall in an office, but effectively saying that it's AOK to put up an inferior team on the basis that next week is harder than this week.

Nice to see former players, media commentators and otherwise AFL people not giving a s**t about the people that funded their kids through college simply because they were good with pigskin.

gee i hope freo lose badly!

Port should be fired up, thinking how arrogant Freo is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back