General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Billings will be the more consistent player week in week out and will be better for our team (we have the tall timber and 3rd tall sorted so) Bonts will be the more mercuiral and match winning type who can fill in anywhere.

Pretty much the next gen Buckley and Hird just minus the drugs and figjamness.
Can't go wrong with either! Just wanted everyone's thoughts, thanks guys!!

Hey guys, onviously by my name sake I love the kid, but what are your thoughts on Bontempelli? Are you guys still happy you guys drafted jack billings ahead of Bont? (I know it's very early days) and i also know that Billings has massive potential if he can get his body right, but just seems that Bont is that once in a generation player
Noooooo I can't believe we picked Billings because Bonti will be the best player we've ever seen based on a really good preseason game and none of us will be able to sleep at night. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Bonti will be a star, Billings will be a star but that doesn't matter because it's the other 21 players that run out there with them that matter.

Who would you claim to of had Amore mercurial start than the bont?
Once in a generation player meanes he'll finish his career being talked along the lines of Whitten, Matthews, Carey, Ablett ect, i mean it's all good to get excited but I have a feeling you're a young fella getting way ahead of yourself.
Also if you want people to take you seriously you need to get your facts right, Dunstan wasn't pick 15.

Once in a generation player meanes he'll finish his career being talked along the lines of Whitten, Matthews, Carey, Ablett ect, i mean it's all good to get excited but I have a feeling you're a young fella getting way ahead of yourself.
Also if you want people to take you seriously you need to get your facts right, Dunstan wasn't pick 15.
For a second year player to be a proven match winner, and be getting the opposition teams #1 tagger at 19 and be playing as a 194 cm midfielder, their just simply isn't many of those that have been produced, a far cry from a Dunstan and Billings type each draft produces 70-80% of those types of players and size

For a second year player to be a proven match winner, and be getting the opposition teams #1 tagger at 19 and be playing as a 194 cm midfielder, their just simply isn't many of those that have been produced, a far cry from a Dunstan and Billings type each draft produces 70-80% of those types of players and size
Is the bucket full yet from the amount of crap you've been talking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonts will be a brendon Goddard. Great player but he is not a once in a generation.

Infact if I compare Bonts and billings their stat's last year are incredibly even and Bonts is currently in a much better side.

And I'm not knocking him just feel like your overrating him. Which is fine I'm sure we would of done the same. But the real stuff will start in 2 weeks. Let's see how he goes then before you come onto our board calling him a once a generation player.

Sorry mate, I think you're delusional.

Never said he was skinny, I meant he was head and shoulders above everyone else in that draft and as the others put size on the gap has narrowed considerably

I actually don't think so. I'd say Wines is pretty up there, probably in the top 30-40mids in the comp already. He dominated Fyfe in last year's semi final. He's probably gonna explode even more this year, I would take Wines over Macrae FWIW.

This guy needs to change his name to "King Spud"

Because he posts a lot of crap.

For what it's worth, Billings' game against West Coast where he had 25 disposals at 100% efficiency, 8 marks and 3 goals was just as good as Bontempelli's NAB challenge performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back