General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have zero tall talent outside of Hogan and McDonald. Obviously hype about draftees means SFA at this stage or really any stage until the Combine, but I highly doubt the recruiters will be looking to take a midfielder if it turns out there's an equally or more talented forward available.

We have Oscar Mcdonald and Sam Frost as KPP defenders

None in the forward half aside from Fitzy, like I said in my above post if your gonna go for a tall forward you better make it a first round pick because history shows the rest are generally crap
But theres only so much top end midfield talent we can afford to pass over when our midfield group is as weak as ours

We have Oscar Mcdonald and Sam Frost as KPP defenders

None in the forward half aside from Fitzy, like I said in my above post if your gonna go for a tall forward you better make it a first round pick because history shows the rest are generally crap
But theres only so much top end midfield talent we can afford to pass over when our midfield group is as weak as ours
Oscar McDonald was a pick in the 50s who hasn't even played a game in the VFL (bordering on being a project pick, really), and Frost is yet to play a really good game.

Our young midfield group is weak, yes, but our talls group is basically non-existent. Petracca, Brayshaw, Viney, Tyson, ANB, Stretch, JKH (who I maintain is a midfielder and not a permanent forward), Toumpas, Newton, Michie, Trengove (who in my eyes is pretty much cooked and it'll be a miracle if he becomes a bottom level AFL standard player let alone a particularly good one) v Hogan, McDonald x 2, Watts, Frost. One is much more promising than the other. And it's much, much easier to trade in an experienced midfielder than a forward (not even going to worry about free agency given we're yet to recruit a non-delisted FA.

At any rate I just hope we go best available and I'll give a s**t about the draft on draft day.

Eh, at least drafting and trading has been promising recently. We didn't have any great picks to waste, but I'm not sure there's been many greater failures than our 2011 off-season. Clark (trade), Taggert (#36), Tynan (#52), Sellar (#54), Sheehan (R#6), Couch (R#24), Magner (R#32) and Leigh Williams (R#49). Those guys were brought in for the 2012 season and by a handful of rounds into the 2014 season, every farking one of them was gone. You'd think even some completely incompetent recruiter would luck out and have some todger still clogging up the list this year.

Eh, at least drafting and trading has been promising recently. We didn't have any great picks to waste, but I'm not sure there's been many greater failures than our 2011 off-season. Clark (trade), Taggert (#36), Tynan (#52), Sellar (#54), Sheehan (R#6), Couch (R#24), Magner (R#32) and Leigh Williams (R#49). Those guys were brought in for the 2012 season and by a handful of rounds into the 2014 season, every farking one of them was gone. You'd think even some completely incompetent recruiter would luck out and have some todger still clogging up the list this year.

Wow that hurt my eyes

Wash your eyes out with this.

mark_neeld_melbourne_demons_coach_400_18p0t38-18p0t5k.jpg

I can't imagine how much regret he must have. Did he have or turn down any other job offers before he took ours? There could be a bizarro universe out there somewhere where Mark Neeld is a multiple Premiership winning coach.

I can't imagine how much regret he must have. Did he have or turn down any other job offers before he took ours? There could be a bizarro universe out there somewhere where Mark Neeld is a multiple Premiership winning coach.

Didnt he turn down the adelaide job for us?

He is a multiple premiership winning coach with ocean grove :p

Didnt he turn down the adelaide job for us?

He is a multiple premiership winning coach with ocean grove :p

Can't remember. Given the way it turned out, I'm sure he'd regret turning down the Altona Eagles U12s side to take the Demons job. I think I'd be making my way through many a bottle pondering the alternate realities where I hadn't just ruled myself out of ever getting a job at AFL level again.

Holy shitballs. I mean I knew all those facts but to see it actually listed out. That's amazing

Holy shitballs. I mean I knew all those facts but to see it actually listed out. That's amazing

It's amazingly bad. I wonder how many potential 50, 100, 200 or more game careers have been completely destroyed by this club.

Luckily we have Tyson so history luckily won't judge 2011 as a completely terrible draft for us, but with the way his form has gone this year it appears we might have cooked him too.

Also, who the heck is Leigh Williams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luckily we have Tyson so history luckily won't judge 2011 as a completely terrible draft for us, but with the way his form has gone this year it appears we might have cooked him too.

Also, who the **** is Leigh Williams?

I reckon he was an 18yr Key Forward who trained with us before the draft so we threw him a rookie spot
Never even got close to it

Those players also must have been really s**t to not get more game time in 2012/13. Rory Taggert kicked like 6 goals and 5 goals in consecutive weeks and still never made his debut in a 2-win season. Goes to show.

Depressing that 7 rounds into another year we've consigned ourselves to looking at draft picks yet again. Can't wait till we become a football club again rather than a reason to drink ourselves into bolivian. :cry:

Depressing that 7 rounds into another year we've consigned ourselves to looking at draft picks yet again. Can't wait till we become a football club again rather than a reason to drink ourselves into bolivian. :cry:

I'm drinking so if you know any cute Bolivians, I'm game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back