Traded GWS trade #21 and F2 to Brisbane for #15

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane reducing their points this year with this one is interesting, I know Pick 15 was going to get swallowed up anyway but they still need points don't they?

It is odd..maybe planning to use a future 2nd to buy back in this year..we would probably give a lot of our later picks (which we cant use) for a future 2nd.

Weird trade from both teams.

Brisbane reducing their points this year with this one is interesting, I know Pick 15 was going to get swallowed up anyway but they still need points don't they?

If they already have another trade lined up for GWS's future 2nd that gets them more points this year or if they plan to use it as part of getting Dunkley then it makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in a minority among Dogs' supporters but I'd be happy(ish) with:

Dunkley + 30 and 39, for:

Brisbane F1, GWSF2 and 21.

It is odd..maybe planning to use a future 2nd to buy back in this year..we would probably give a lot of our later picks (which we cant use) for a future 2nd.

Weird trade from both teams.
Isn't there still an issue with Brisbane needing to only use the same amount of picks as they have spots? I'm not sure a big bundle of late picks appeals.

Taking a quick run through the calculator, would GC do something like this year's 32 and 36 for the GWS F2? If GC don't need many picks this year it seems a reasonable trade for GC and means Brisbane all up go from 1112 points to 1964.

Gives them only 1000 points

Leaves them with 30, 34, 35, 39, 46, 73. I expect they could trade 30 down to two picks in the late 30s or early 40s to squeeze out the remaining points they need.

Isn't there still an issue with Brisbane needing to only use the same amount of picks as they have spots? I'm not sure a big bundle of late picks appeals.

Taking a quick run through the calculator, would GC do something like this year's 32 and 36 for the GWS F2? If GC don't need many picks this year it seems a reasonable trade for GC and means Brisbane all up go from 1112 points to 1964.
I think Brisbane will need to cut a few more Lester, Ah Chee, McFayden but might re rookie a few if not all

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back