Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
From my new house in Balwyn I'm 21.1 Kilometres away which is about 28 minutes depending on traffic. Hopefully when I get my licence ill be able to drive there and check out our ground.

660km for me

In theory I could leave after breakfast on a Sunday morning, watch the WB game at Etihad at the usual 4:40pm timeslot and be snug in bed back in Canberra by 5am Monday.

...Or I could just watch it on TV :(

660km for me

In theory I could leave after breakfast on a Sunday morning, watch the WB game at Etihad at the usual 4:40pm timeslot and be snug in bed back in Canberra by 5am Monday.

Well at least you get to watch us beat GWS. :D

True but wrong emoticon ... This year it was a :( or a :eek: Worst win I have ever witnessed.

But it was still a win. It was the turnaround in our form. You can just say you were there to witness the birth of the new dogs ;)

660km for me

The Albury Maccas in is always lovely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I go, 48.5km, 50 minutes drive from my place in FTG.
A trip I'll be making far more often next year!

You and me both brother!

Good, I won't be the only easty going through petrol flying down the freeway and inching down Barkly Street :thumbsu:
Footscray VFL twitter handle up and running, membership and donation complete, pre-season off for AFL and VFL, it's all happening again!
Looking forward to the east-west day, I always enjoy a chat with Boydy. Dahl's usually got 15 kids hanging off him, Higgins likewise with teenage girls, so I'll get the skipper to fill me in on what's been going on behind the scenes :D

Good, I won't be the only easty going through petrol flying down the freeway and inching down Barkly Street :thumbsu:
Footscray VFL twitter handle up and running, membership and donation complete, pre-season off for AFL and VFL, it's all happening again!
Looking forward to the east-west day, I always enjoy a chat with Boydy. Dahl's usually got 15 kids hanging off him, Higgins likewise with teenage girls, so I'll get the skipper to fill me in on what's been going on behind the scenes :D

The East West Day should be good once again and its great that they come out our way and recognise the support for the Dogs in our area. Do you like the time when it's held in January or do you reckon it should be a bit closer to the new season when it's a little more cooler.

The East West Day should be good once again and its great that they come out our way and recognise the support for the Dogs in our area. Do you like the time when it's held in January or do you reckon it should be a bit closer to the new season when it's a little more cooler.

I don't really mind, I kinda like the January timeslot. Everything seems fairly laid back, the players aren't busying themselves with NAB Cup preparations or any of that, the atmosphere is nice and relaxed.
Plus, it fills the void that Twenty20 cricket and meaningless ODI tournaments don't manage to.

I don't really mind, I kinda like the January timeslot. Everything seems fairly laid back, the players aren't busying themselves with NAB Cup preparations or any of that, the atmosphere is nice and relaxed.
Plus, it fills the void that Twenty20 cricket and meaningless ODI tournaments don't manage to.

Yeah the Cricket in the summer has certainly lost its popularity. It is probably the most low key build up to an Ashes series probably because it isn't really meant to be on this summer and should be on next.

Yeah the Cricket in the summer has certainly lost its popularity. It is probably the most low key build up to an Ashes series probably because it isn't really meant to be on this summer and should be on next.

I'm still really looking forward to the Ashes, and I'm sure it'll be at fever pitch by the time the Brisbane test rolls around, I just can't stand how the Sydney Test is the last, barely a month into the summer. Loved it when India toured a couple of years ago and we had a WACA Test and an Adelaide Australia Day Test after Sydney.
The Twenty20s and ODIs I still enjoy but not half as much as the Tests.

Hopefully by the time the world cup rolls around in 2015 the interest of the public has been rekindled, seeing as we're hosting it and all.

I'm still really looking forward to the Ashes, and I'm sure it'll be at fever pitch by the time the Brisbane test rolls around, I just can't stand how the Sydney Test is the last, barely a month into the summer. Loved it when India toured a couple of years ago and we had a WACA Test and an Adelaide Australia Day Test after Sydney.
The Twenty20s and ODIs I still enjoy but not half as much as the Tests.

Hopefully by the time the world cup rolls around in 2015 the interest of the public has been rekindled, seeing as we're hosting it and all.

Do you reckon we can reclaim the Ashes on home soil or will the English defend them. I certainly give us a chance.

Do you reckon we can reclaim the Ashes on home soil or will the English defend them. I certainly give us a chance.

I give us a big chance but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'd have given us a bigger chance if Hilfenhaus was playing - think he'd make Cook his bunny.
I'm so used to them beating us that I can't be disappointed though, if we win it'd be great.
I'm just so keenly anticipating watching Stuart Broad get booed around the outfield all summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back