Injury Injuries 2014 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else hear the boys on 6pr say Hartlett had a slight hammy strain?

I don't think they're basing that on much. According to his own words (Hartlett's) he was cramping up heavily late in the Tigers game, but he was fine. He was walking around post game with no ice or anything - he'll need some good recovery, but he'll be fine.

Why would Ross make that call when the club was still waiting on medical reports
Another bullshit post
Sorry Salim. Looks like I was spot on. As I said: it was a very reliable source. I wouldn't post news in this thread if it were generated by some physiotherapist's grandmother's gardener.

Yep it was common knowledge that Balla had a jaw break and would be in doubt for this week but the club would wait for medic evidence before making a decision.
You didnt have to be Nostradamus or have a club source to work that out

In short he's unlikely, but still very much a chance is the impression I'm getting.
I think he will play.

Yep it was common knowledge that Balla had a jaw break and would be in doubt for this week but the club would wait for medic evidence before making a decision.

In short he's unlikely, but still very much a chance is the impression I'm getting.
I think he will play.

I'm guessing, but if Ross bring out "duty of care",it meant that if Ballas medical is 50/50 he'll not risk long term damage to Ballas and not play him.

But you are right though, it's all speculation until the team is out tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time Ballas had surgery on the jaw he got up for the game that week. The reason they thought he would miss was because he often has a bad reaction to the anaesthetic. He sent Ross a text when he came to saying "i'm right to go on the weekend" so Ross put him back in the side (and he played pretty well, from memory).

Not sure if this time the break is worse, or if they're just concerned about the after affects of the anaesthetic again. Does anyone know which it is? If it's the latter, then it all depends on how good the anaesthetist was.

Last time Ballas had surgery on the jaw he got up for the game that week. The reason they thought he would miss was because he often has a bad reaction to the anaesthetic. He sent Ross a text when he came to saying "i'm right to go on the weekend" so Ross put him back in the side (and he played pretty well, from memory).

Not sure if this time the break is worse, or if they're just concerned about the after affects of the anaesthetic again. Does anyone know which it is? If it's the latter, then it all depends on how good the anaesthetist was.

wow ... was all that information public?

Simply solution. Do the surgery without anesthesia.

Listen to the 6pr interview, Ross says Freo has a duty of care and Ballas is unlikely to play.

Unlikely means nothing though. Remember Pavlich was unlikely against Geelong, Barlow was unlikely against Port Adelaide. Until Ross comes out and says, "Ballantyne will not play" Ballantyne will be playing IMO.

I think I heard Ross also saying they'll give him the week to get up.

Barlow will get up

Ballas will be named and given to the last minute (Deboer to step in and Croz will play full game if he Ballaz cant get up)

Pearce will be over his belly wobbles

Macca still a no, really don't think we will see him again in purple :thumbsdown:

Boys will be putting it all on the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back