Injury Injuries 2014 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He once was very skinny and was pushed around, now it is more of a case of he looks like Tarzan but not playing like it (notice how I changed this old quote for political correctness - even us over 50's can learn). I see glimpses of him holding his own but then he switches back to being easily pushed around and lacking in intensity.

His injuries sound very significant (especially for a ruckman who is vunerable to the hits) and can't be discounted as at least part of the reason. IMO he is our second best ruckman, so I hope he gets well quickly and shows the early season form.

Don't mind having a crack at Leuenberger at all but perhaps it would be a case of another injury prone player?
Very PC, well done:thumbsu:
Can't see why he was playing myself. The whole thing was embarrassing for him and the club. But whatever. Hope he improves in time to take Sandi's place when the time comes, if required.

Can't see why he was playing myself. The whole thing was embarrassing for him and the club. But whatever. Hope he improves in time to take Sandi's place when the time comes, if required.

Griff was nowhere near ready. He will need to be a lap machine this preseason.

2013 when Clarke was up and firing he led the club in hitouts and just behind Fyfe in contested marks
Clarke when fully fit is the equal of any youngish ruck in the comp and his form in 013 highlighted just that.
Granted his GF was below par but hell you get that.
The continual bashing of him is utter bullshit

2013 when Clarke was up and firing he led the club in hitouts and just behind Fyfe in contested marks
Clarke when fully fit is the equal of any youngish ruck in the comp and his form in 013 highlighted just that.
IMO his efforts this year were just awful and in complete contradiction with everything our club is meant to stand for these days. Whether the fault was his or the clubs I don't really care. That guy should not have held his spot in the team THIS year. Depending the indefensible is also utter bullshit.

IMO his efforts this year were just awful and in complete contradiction with everything our club is meant to stand for these days. Whether the fault was his or the clubs I don't really care. That guy should not have held his spot in the team THIS year. Depending the indefensible is also utter bullshit.

So was Clarke the worst player for Fremantle to get a game, in your opinion, or are there some more players that we can expect you to character assassinate?

Your posts re Clarke are ill informed rubbish

PaleScentedImpala.gif

While he was more diplomatic than the bashers, the coach publicly expressed frustration with him as well, which tends to suggest it's more than fitness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke > Nic Nat

Funny how the excuse for Nic Nat's poor performances all year was that he was injured but then as soon as the season is finished he's announced to line up in the International Rules Series.

Hmm, we appear to be having this discussion across a couple of forums. So summing up, Clarke is, in most peoples opinion, the second best ruckman at Freo (tick); has had two bad or really bad finals series (tick I think); has played bloody well in Sandi's abscence in previous years(tick); has had a terrible run with preseason and injury (tick) and we all hope some day that he will have a full preseason and play to his potential especially in finals (is that right).

Hmm, we appear to be having this discussion across a couple of forums. So summing up, Clarke is, in most peoples opinion, the second best ruckman at Freo (tick); has had two bad or really bad finals series (tick I think); has played bloody well in Sandi's abscence in previous years(tick); has had a terrible run with preseason and injury (tick) and we all hope some day that he will have a full preseason and play to his potential especially in finals (is that right).
tick

and in my opinion he's going to make a great #1 ruck if Sandi ever retires (he keeps getting better with age so I'm assuming he'll keep playing for us forever)

Zac Clarke was playing basketball two Wednesdays ago at nunawading stadium (in Melbourne). He was playing the game before mine and I didn't notice any injuires. He didn't play last week as I played against that team.

Wonder if he hurt it playing bball?

I was surprised to see him playing tbh, are players allowed to play other sports?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac Clarke was playing basketball two Wednesdays ago at nunawading stadium (in Melbourne). He was playing the game before mine and I didn't notice any injuires. He didn't play last week as I played against that team.

I was surprised to see him playing tbh, are players allowed to play other sports?

He supposedly couldn't play AFL well this year because he was in agony with his knee. Couldn't be too bad if he was playing basketball on it in the off-season.

Me either, I know they're allowed to have a life but given the size of AFL contracts and that the players body is ultimately an asset to the club I'd be surprised if there wasn't a clause ruling out participating in other sports such as basketball.

Me either, I know they're allowed to have a life but given the size of AFL contracts and that the players body is ultimately an asset to the club I'd be surprised if there wasn't a clause ruling out participating in other sports such as basketball.

I've played indoor cricket against a few of the Freo guys past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back