Opinion K Mart: red hot special - (Bucks on AFL360: "Kyle Martin is being upgraded this week")

Remove this Banner Ad

People have the lynching rope out already... Give the guy a chance he still might produce some gold in the sack.

Ridiculous calling for him to be dropped after one game. He should be better for the run at this level. Let's give him a few more games now that the season is effectively over, and see what he can do, so we can make a sensible decision whether to keep him on the list or not (and if not, hopefully fatten him up for market in the meantime).

What really struck me about him is that he is another midget!

He looked really small out there.
Exactly what I thought and he's also not overly endowed with pace.
Not sure what his role will be, playing him as a H/F is not the answer as he's not that elusive type we need, although he has good footy smarts and knows where to go.

He'll improve with another outing, but I am unsure if he'll get it now given Buck's reluctance to play him in the first place. He has played better than that at AFL level before, you could tell he was feeling the pressure in what was a pretty big game for the club.

I hope he gets more games this season. Not his best game kicking wise, but hey still kicked a goal. I think it was more nerves then anything. I thought his clangers were good decisions and if they came off he would've had a good game.

Was terrible yesterday, obviously needs more time and should be given the next 5 games to see what he has got and if he doesnt improve then VFL gun depth it is.

The point re Martin was never about that he was/was not a gun waiting for a chance.

It was that he had been consistently good at VFL level and had earned a chance to play AFL.

It is important that hard work and performance get rewarded. Now it is up to him, yesterday he looked a bit lost and hesistant, hopefully he does not get dropped and gets a good chance to show us what he has got.

From what he showed yesterday, he doesn't like the hard stuff, his tackling and defensive pressure was poor, maybe he will improve with more senior games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what he showed yesterday, he doesn't like the hard stuff, his tackling and defensive pressure was poor, maybe he will improve with more senior games.
He just looks completely out of his depth as opposed to Broomhead who has vision, speed and foot skills to translate to AFL level.

Last edited:
I just thought he lacked composure, was a very different player to the one I've seen in the VFL over the last 18 months. I think he needs to play a few weeks in a row to grow in confidence, in fact I wouldn't have subbed him out yesterday.

I hope he retains his spot for at least the next 2 or 3 games, unless he performs absolutely horrendously..

I think you can pot his skills from weekend's game but to say he doesn't like the hard stuff is way off the mark.

We need to keep the pressure on with KMart getting a game. He didnt play VFL. I heard that he is heart-broken and didnt want to play yesterday. He was interviewed on the radio and kept up a brave front like the true champion brownlow medalist that he will soon be...He spoke about the team. He had the attitude of Maxy but upgraded. It brought a tear to my eye...

We need to keep the pressure on with KMart getting a game. He didnt play VFL. I heard that he is heart-broken and didnt want to play yesterday. He was interviewed on the radio and kept up a brave front like the true champion brownlow medalist that he will soon be...He spoke about the team. He had the attitude of Maxy but upgraded. It brought a tear to my eye...
I heard he picked up an injury

What really struck me about him is that he is another midget!

He looked really small out there.
I was posting this leading up to his upgrade, he's a Blair clone that isn't as physically string or hard at the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back