Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey KM... Was reading through Skippos phantom and wanted your opinion on Caleb Daniel. I know he's tiny, but can he make it and to what level?

Caleb Daniel is an interesting one.

He's one of those guys where you just want to see him rookied by a club to see what happens.

I like his skillset. He hits his targets, has good vision and makes good decisions and makes good decisions and executes under pressure.

He's a good mover as you expect as a small but he's not elite quick as a guy who while he can run around you but isn't breaking the lines. He's also while capable of winning his own ball not likely to win much of his own ball at the next level.

He may make it but the odds are against him and most likely he becomes a high level state leaguer. He has some role player potential perhaps on a forward flank in that Brent Harvey type role without being in that same conversation as a guy who isn't as extremely quick or on as high a level as an accumulator.

Have changed the way I'm going to go about doing my phantom draft this year.

Will still have the phantom draft and tinker with the order as appropriate to reflect where clubs are likely to take the various draft prospects but will focus in on completing detailed bios for my top 50 rated prospects as more of a quality over quantity approach.

Jess Watchman outstanding again for West's Reserves yesterday.

Not many mobile, marking 200cm forwards in the draft. Who can also ruck.

Factor him in.

SamDurdin played CHB for the League team and played pretty well, given West's backline was under seige all day.

Jess Watchman outstanding again for West's Reserves yesterday.

Not many mobile, marking 200cm forwards in the draft. Who can also ruck.

Factor him in.

SamDurdin played CHB for the League team and played pretty well, given West's backline was under seige all day.

Thanks for the report redandblack.

Am tracking the draft relevant SA boys and their stats through the SANFL website weekly.

It's interesting Watchman wasn't invited to the national combine but will continue tracking his progress as he seems to be on the improve this past month or so.

Am tracking the draft relevant SA boys and their stats through the SANFL website weekly.

It's interesting Watchman wasn't invited to the national combine but will continue tracking his progress as he seems to be on the improve this past month or so.

From what I gather he went through a rough patch this year from a personal point of view and mightn't have interviewed well. Seems to be getting his s**t together now and with that + his good form in the ressies and I think he might begin to rise up the draft boards.

Went to the game and was impressed with Watchman although he is pretty unconventional in most things he does. His kicking and marking are awkward to say the least but he gets the job done. He rucked well yesterday and pulled in a number of contested marks. He is becoming a VERY big boy now. Looks a lot taller than 197 and has bulked up.
I went to the game to see Bampton play. I have been pumping up his tyres but he was only serviceable yesterday. Kicked a great goal but didn't have the energy that he normally plays with.
Durdin was thrown to the wolves down back.

Yes, nemesis, he's huge and also picked up 28 possessions, mainly uncontested, but mostly effective.

He's dominated the hitouts for a long time, but I thought he was only average in ruck yesterday.

Update on the little known Josh Holliday. Another 5 goals yesterday to add to his 5 last week.

Yes, nemesis, he's huge and also picked up 28 possessions, mainly uncontested, but mostly effective.

He's dominated the hitouts for a long time, but I thought he was only average in ruck yesterday.

Update on the little known Josh Holliday. Another 5 goals yesterday to add to his 5 last week.
How is Ahmat-Watkins going this year? A fav. of mine

Disagree we would have to have Rich and Hanley on the table to get Beams not that we really need him Think Tom Mitchell suit's our game plan better
even if u have rich and hanley on the table you still need to give up alot more to get beams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knightmare - I see you've got Reece McKenzie now at Pick 5 to the Doggies in your PD, what's your reasoning behind it?

McKenzie as a second round selection is a long bow to draw, but having pick five overall? Don't get me wrong, he's a prospect but he is that raw and in particular has still so much to work on. Let's not get carried away with the bags of 10 (non existent Eastern side that didn't have Petracca, Nielson etc) and 7 against the Northern Territory. He hasn't been able to make a mark on the better full backs IMO. How far he's truly come will be on show against at full-strength Calder team. He'll probably wipe the floor with Bendigo this week, but that's just my point. He's got plenty of room for improvement, more of a mid-draft selection I believe.

Knightmare, what are your thoughts on Brenton Payne? I don't know how he is travelling at the Jets, but I saw him in the Herald Sun Shield Grand Final and he showed plenty imo.

Knightmare why do you see Brisbane drafting Brayshaw he's very much like Redden and Rockliff we need a line breaking midfielder with pace like a Dangerfield type

The whole draft is a Dangerfield. Never really know how they're going to work out.

hey Knightmare, i see you now have crows picking up paul ahern with their first pick. can you please give some more information about him and why he has suddenly risen to a high selection. must have had a good carnival! also would adelaide not be looking to get the best key defender on offer as we are severely lacking a centre half back who can kick even reasonably well. cheers

hey Knightmare, i see you now have crows picking up paul ahern with their first pick. can you please give some more information about him and why he has suddenly risen to a high selection. must have had a good carnival! also would adelaide not be looking to get the best key defender on offer as we are severely lacking a centre half back who can kick even reasonably well. cheers
Would have thought Talia is a pretty good CHB or do you see him playing at Full-back

hey Knightmare, i see you now have crows picking up paul ahern with their first pick. can you please give some more information about him and why he has suddenly risen to a high selection. must have had a good carnival! also would adelaide
not be looking to get the best key defender on offer as we are severely lacking a centre half back who can kick
even reasonably well. cheers

I heard you guys were going to try and trade for a tall back (preferably Michael Talia from the Dogs).

Tayte Pears available.

Knightmare, just wanted to say I love your work. Quick question though while I am here ;-)

How do you think this draft compares to the drafts of the past 2-3 years talent wise?

and depth wise while you're at it.

I tend to think this might be a good year to have 2-3 selections in the rookie draft if you know where to look, but that's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back