Traded Liam Jones to Carlton for pick 46

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we definitely said we want a pick for him?

Just wondering who on Carlton's list might want more opportunity that we'd consider.

Agree. 3rd round pick will do it. No point mucking around given he could walk. Also not sure Melbourne or Saints would be keen. GWS and Lions doubtful as well.

I dont think a team has ever drafted a player who actively said they dont want to go there have they? I mean, you dont want a disgruntled player on your list.

Come to think of it i think we did something similar with Nick Stevens lol. But maybe we turned his opinion around and at the time he was a gun player and we were s**t house so were probably desperate

What's that big headed Watson bloke been up to? Haven't seen him running around too much in the ones

You do know our 1st pick is pick 6 right? Jones and second rounder for pick 6??

You do realise that what you or I, or anyone else, says will have absolute zero bearing on what actually happens, don't you?

Therefore, in keeping with the fact that this is a totally irrelevant argument, I say Jones for pick 6. :p

I'm playin' hardball, baby!

...or are you really Andy McKay? :eek:

I dont think a team has ever drafted a player who actively said they dont want to go there have they? I mean, you dont want a disgruntled player on your list.

Come to think of it i think we did something similar with Nick Stevens lol. But maybe we turned his opinion around and at the time he was a gun player and we were s**t house so were probably desperate
I think John McCarthy was another. I think he wanted to go to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jade Rawlings wasn't all that keen on coming to the Dogs.

And played as such when he arrived.

Yep, take it to the bank. We have no interest in Robinson. He won't be at the Dogs.

Wonder if this might need a 3rd team. Agree that we likely won't use your 3rd rounder, unless we trade both of our seconds for someone like Sam Reid.

I am not sure why we would need a 3rd team? Jones has walked and picked us.
There is no bidding war for him as he is not interested.
And do you really think Sydney would give up Sam Reid for picks 25+26 or what ever it is you have?

I am not sure why we would need a 3rd team? Jones has walked and picked us.
There is no bidding war for him as he is not interested.
And do you really think Sydney would give up Sam Reid for picks 25+26 or what ever it is you have?

There are five teams with picks before you in the PSD.

If you are also dealing with Jones "in good faith" - you won't allow him to walk to the PSD and take his chances.

You'll need to find a suitable deal, like it or not.

Same thing happened with Crameri last season.

There are five teams with picks before you in the PSD.

If you are also dealing with Jones "in good faith" - you won't allow him to walk to the PSD and take his chances.

You'll need to find a suitable deal, like it or not.

Same thing happened with Crameri last season.

Wait we all agree that Jones for a third rounder is a suitable/likely deal right?

You got Crameri for pick 26.
Crameri had done a lot more than Jones and was a required player who was best 22. Jones is not.

Therefore, Crameri for second rounder = Jones for third or less would it not?

Hopefully more of this...

And less of this: Bootsma v Jones...

Classic David King call. :oops::D

Shows how important workrate and attitude is for AFL players. Just makes you want to slap players who have talent, but only need to put their head down and their bum up to make it. They don't need to learn a new skill to play footy. Some of the Irish players can come across and play AFL because they want it bad enough.

Hopefully more of this...

Trust me you will get some of that, but it will be followed up with 1 touch in 3 qtrs against Melbourne...

He showed that day against Collingwood just how ridiculously good he can be but he obviously just doesn't want it enough. It really sucks because it could all click for him one day and you guys will have gotten an absolute bargain so thats why dogs aren't going to give him up for nothing, its just not worth our time.

Jones has been one of my favourite players and I feel like I've always been the first to defend him on the doggies board, honestly though now I can't wait to see the ******* back of him. Literally his only problem is consistency, we've been extremely patient with him gifting him games for 5 years standing behind him when everybody else seems to be laughing at how much of a dud he is (so underrated). This year once again he was horribly inconsistent (12 goals from 5 of his games, 0 from the other 5) and we finally dropped him for one of the first lengthy spells in the 2s in his career, no doubt we told him we're not bringing him back up until he plays consistent footy in the 2s but he couldn't even do that, absolutely dominant through some games and parts of other games but still couldn't get a touch at other times, and this is at VFL level.

And now he wants to * off for "opportunities". * you Liam Jones.

Wait we all agree that Jones for a third rounder is a suitable/likely deal right?

You got Crameri for pick 26.
Crameri had done a lot more than Jones and was a required player who was best 22. Jones is not.

Therefore, Crameri for second rounder = Jones for third or less would it not?
The only reason why we got him for so low was due to that he could go to the psd and essendon would have got nothing. If carlton had some decency you guys would give is a draft pick

The only reason why we got him for so low was due to that he could go to the psd and essendon would have got nothing. If carlton had some decency you guys would give is a draft pick

Lol holding essendon to ransom, getting a lop sided deal, due to, in your view, the psd threat then having the nerve to say we have no decency...and a third rounder is draft pick...nice post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back