Traded Liam Jones to Carlton for pick 46

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason why we got him for so low was due to that he could go to the psd and essendon would have got nothing. If carlton had some decency you guys would give is a draft pick
So just like you did with Crameri, we'll give you less than he is worth or take him in the PSD.

None of you guys seem to rate him.

So why are you so keen to "win" him?

We`re that desperate.

But seriously we like it because fills a need and believe it wont cost much to get him and hopefully buying low and would be a big win if we can turn him around so he can play like he did ahainst collingwood more often.

Jay schulz like transformation please.

None of you guys seem to rate him.

So why are you so keen to "win" him?

We`re that desperate.

But seriously we like it because fills a need and believe it wont cost much to get him and hopefully buying low and would be a big win if we can turn him around so he can play like he did ahainst collingwood more often.

Jay schulz like transformation please.

These trade pissing contests are so pointless....

Where is Zach Tuohy at?
Could he be involved in a deal?

We could really use some run off the back flank.

Where is Zach Tuohy at?

A guy who played every game for the last 2 seasons for someone who can't get a game?

Where is Zach Tuohy at?

Still currently best 22, although stagnated this year. He was better in 2013.
He's got a bit of dash and is a beautiful kick, time and time again showing he can slot goals from outside 50.

Im not sold on his defensive abilities though. Seems to get toweled up by Ballantyne, Lindsay Thomas etc. I dont think hes great as a lockdown defender.
Should be put on the oppositions least dangerous small/medium forward and have licence to run off and be an attacking half back.

We actually have a few half back flankers coming through such as Dylan Buckley and another irish bloke in Sheehan, but i think Tuohy is still viewed as best 22 and still has upside.

A guy who played every game for the last 2 seasons for someone who can't get a game?
Where did I say straight swap?
I'm not interested in discussing values, just want to know whether Tuohy would be considered tradable.

Where did I say straight swap?
I'm not interested in discussing values, just want to know whether Tuohy would be considered tradable.
This is the Liam Jones thread - why mention Tuohy if you don't want him in a swap for Jones?

This is the Liam Jones thread - why mention Tuohy if you don't want him in a swap for Jones?
keyword was involved. not a straight swap i.e. draft picks and Jones. it does happen from time to time

45-55 is about right. Carlton don't need to swap a player for him. Tuohy had a pretty average season in 2014, but his 2013 is sublime, and is a required best 22 player at Carlton. Should not come into discussions at all. Carlton will be the winners in this trade.

Watch Mick Malthouse turn Jones into a very serviceable player.

Do you really not get it??
Maybe it's Jones & our 3rd for Touhy, I don't know & clearly everyone has differing ideas on the value of these guys.
I'm just asking where he is at career-wise at Carlton. I seem to recall hearing he had some issues with Mick or something like that earlier this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's Jones & our 3rd for Touhy, I don't know & clearly everyone has differing ideas on the value of these guys.
I'm just asking where he is at career-wise at Carlton. I seem to recall hearing he had some issues with Mick or something like that earlier this year.
Hates Mick so much he re-signed for 3 years.

A player not in your best 22 in a bottom 5 side for a player who is best 22 at a club higher then yours, and to sweeten it, throw in a draft pick?

Hah.

A player not in your best 22 in a bottom 5 side for a player who is best 22 at a club higher then yours, and to sweeten it, throw in a draft pick?

Hah.
Hah. By % but nice try.

i agree its not a fair trade but seriously undervaluing Jones here. 45-55 is nowhere near his worth.

Tuohy had a pretty average season in 2014, but his 2013 is sublime. Should not come into discussions at all.
Sounds like exactly the type of player who comes into discussions like this.
What is the reason for his stagnation this year? Would a change of scenery be beneficial?

I'm just interested in asking the people in the know, as he is probably one of the few players on the Carlton list that I would be interested in obtaining.

Hah. By % but nice try.

i agree its not a fair trade but seriously undervaluing Jones here. 45-55 is nowhere near his worth.

It's exactly his worth, and that's what you'll get for him.

He can't get a game. He's not worth much at all.
Incorrect he can get a game but having our own VFL side he was sent there to work on his game whilst we gave another bloke a go to see what he was made of. If we were playing for something he would have been in our side. If clubs look at trade value based on how many games of AFL they play then why would the Blues be after him at all? Seems a bit funny that Carlton are after 2 blokes who can even get a game. What is going on down there then!?

So going by your logic, you wouldn't trade Touhy for Jaksch, even if GWS threw in a pick to 'sweeten' it?

Yeah pick a 2nd year player as an example...

The example was your's, not mine.

Hah.

What the hell are you talking about? The example you gave me was completely different to mine. At least make it a like for like player who has been in the system instead of a 2nd year player who is home sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back