List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt GWS would accept that trade in any case. KPFs are rare. KPFs who make an immediate impact at AFL level are rarer than unicorns.
They don't seem to have holes in their list. Perhaps rucks in the long term, not sure who is be no. 2 behind Mumford. So unlikely to trade McCarthy...

They don't seem to have holes in their list. Perhaps rucks in the long term, not sure who is be no. 2 behind Mumford. So unlikely to trade McCarthy...

There are severe holes in the ruck over here at Tom wills oval after Giles went to essendon. They have ANdrew Phillips who has never really set the world on fire. Got a crack last week, did nothing and got subbed off. Rory Lobb is in there but very young. Doing ok in NEAFL but not lighting up. Apart from that the giants are currently trying to use other KPF as back up ruck. Boyd did it last year and expect to see Stewart and Thomilson (when not injured) pinch hit.

In the Melbourne game McCarthy was pinch hitting. Without a lot of success

If mummy goes down the giants are in trouble unfortunately. His work getting the ball to the young mids is so important. A very good ruck (unfortunately not any of our backups except maybe Clarke) would be the only think I think GWS would trade anything for at this stage

If Patton comes good he can play as a ruck/forward also.

There are severe holes in the ruck over here at Tom wills oval after Giles went to essendon. They have ANdrew Phillips who has never really set the world on fire. Got a crack last week, did nothing and got subbed off. Rory Lobb is in there but very young. Doing ok in NEAFL but not lighting up. Apart from that the giants are currently trying to use other KPF as back up ruck. Boyd did it last year and expect to see Stewart and Thomilson (when not injured) pinch hit.

In the Melbourne game McCarthy was pinch hitting. Without a lot of success

If mummy goes down the giants are in trouble unfortunately. His work getting the ball to the young mids is so important. A very good ruck (unfortunately not any of our backups except maybe Clarke) would be the only think I think GWS would trade anything for at this stage

With respect, this understates the other rucks available to GWS. You need to be a bit less pessimistic.

For once.

;)

It makes me happy that Lachie likes Freo, that's all I can take out from those tweets.

He definitely wouldn't be suffering from homesickness .................. players would give an arm and a leg to play with that South Aussie ( formerly !!! ) Croatian.

Now I think of it, due to the "closeness" of South Aussie families, Lachie could be from the pygmy side of the Pav clan !!!!!.

We should be looking at mature age recruits to fill both KPF's and KPB's in my humble opinion .
After watching the Peel game today we don't have anywhere near the quality of players to fill the roles right now .
Swan Districts forward line of young kids tore them up and spat them out . Bootsma was only just OK but only for the first quarter .
I would be scouring the country for some players in the 24 to 26 age group that are established performers with mature bodies .
We don't have 3 years to develop a raw 18 year old into these roles .Alex Pearce is the best up and coming players but he has so much to learn and his body is no where near hard enough at this stage but he will need another full preseason to be better than average .
Apeness is just so raw and wet behind the ears he seriously is going to struggle to be an effective KPP . He has height and is reasonably solid in build but he hasn't got footy smarts . He doesn't know how to lead, doesn't know how to position his body to protect the drop zone and never mind read the ball flight . Rarely does he know when to lead and he is not quick enough to create space between him and his opponent . Yes he has the strength to smash into a pack but he starts from too far back to take marks consistently .
If we has a good forward coach he would come on faster . Pavlich when he retires from playing would be so much better than Sumich will ever be .

What happened to everyone demanding we play the kids?
I watched the kids and TBH I was very disappointed with the endeavour shown by so many players . Swans came to play ,Peel came for the ride . Griffin ,Crozier ,Grey and Duffy would be the only players on our list to say that they gave it a red hot go

We should be looking at mature age recruits to fill both KPF's and KPB's in my humble opinion .
After watching the Peel game today we don't have anywhere near the quality of players to fill the roles right now .
Swan Districts forward line of young kids tore them up and spat them out . Bootsma was only just OK but only for the first quarter .
I would be scouring the country for some players in the 24 to 26 age group

One person who might fit that bill is Alex Keath.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...lubs-circling-de-listed-cricketer-alex-keath/

Do you think a Victorian would choose a WA team, when he can choose any team in the AFL as a category B?

I think it depends on the offer. We are 2nd favourite to win the premiership this year, that probably counts for something. There is only 1 Victorian team in the predicted top 4, and they are already travelling pretty well for KPPs.

It's more likely he ends up a Victorian team but I don't it's by any means the only possible outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Keath will stay in cricket.

Our mature age recruits will need to come from either AFL or state league clubs. Honestly I think we have three good prospects KPP wise in Taberner, Apeness and Pearce whilst Smith is worth persisting with but there's not much behind them and they won't necessarily be ready for AFL action without Pav and McPharlin there next year. Hannath may also be able to cover a few cracks for a while but he should really be developed into that second ruck/forward role rather than a genuine KPP.

Guys like Rance, Black, Kersten, Shaw, Hogan, McCarthy etc will all receive enquires.

Our mature age recruits will need to come from either AFL or state league clubs. Honestly I think we have three good prospects KPP wise in Taberner, Apeness and Pearce whilst Smith is worth persisting with but there's not much behind them and they won't necessarily be ready for AFL action without Pav and McPharlin there next year. Hannath may also be able to cover a few cracks for a while but he should really be developed into that second ruck/forward role rather than a genuine KPP.

Guys like Rance, Black, Kersten, Shaw, Hogan, McCarthy etc will all receive enquires.
Im not quite sure why so many here are definite that Lukey Mac and Pav will almost certainly be gone next year. I disagree strongly. If Lukey Mac plays like he has for the first four games this year for the rest of the year, why on earth would he retire? While Pav is apparently running as well as ever. Both will only retire if it looks like their form will drop off for season 2016. Premiership or no premiership Id put my money on both playing on in 2016. Id love for us to recruit Rance. Lukey Mac could then have one year playing a swingman role and flying for species next to Pav deep forward at times. With Sylvia gone and $280K of Pav's and LUkey Mac's potential contracts outside of the salary cap (due to final year of Vets allowance provision) I think the scenario of Rance, Pav and Lukey Mac all playing for us in 2016 is a scenario that is not an unrealistic possibility.

Last edited:
Im not quite sure why so many here are definite that Lukey Mac and Pav will almost certainly be gone next year. I disagree strongly. If Lukey Mac plays like he has for the first four games this year for the rest of the year, why on earth would he retire? While Pav is apparently running as well as ever. Both will only retire if it looks like their form will drop off for season 2016. Premiership or no premiership Id put my money on both playing on in 2016. Id love for us to recruit Rance. Lukey Mac could then have one year playing a swingman role and flying for species next to Pav deep forward at times. With Sylvia gone and $280K of Pav's and LUkey Mac's potential contracts outside of the salary cap (due to final year of Vets allowance provision) I think the scenario of Rance, Pav and Lukey Mac all playing for us in 2016 is a scenario that is not an unrealistic possibility.
Because they are both 34 this season. We've got to face it eventually. Plan to be without them and if we're not, then it a bonus.

I didn't really mean that post to come across as they defiantly won't be playing next year.

Apeness is 2 years away and needs to learn a hell of a lot before he should by considered for a league game .
Smith has not progressed . He is struggling at WAFL level and I think will be delisted at the end of this year .
Alex Pearce is a win win situation and just needs to get a bit more strength .
He struggled against Swan Districts because he lacked support around him and the Swans mids where running free in their forward line .
Alex Silvagni and Zac Dawson are the only real KPP players not in our current team and they are both injured .
I agree with you on Jack Hannath ,he could be our Tom Hawkins in waiting but he will need to get with Pavlich and Mcpharlin to learn the role .
Fremantle along with 16 other teams are talking with Hogans management according to Karl Langdon so I wouldn't be holding my breath on getting him . We will have plenty of money in the WAR CHEST and the prospect of playing more finals but travel is the Elephant in the Room that scares some many prospected recruits from other clubs other than South Aussies .

Apeness is 2 years away and needs to learn a hell of a lot before he should by considered for a league game .
Smith has not progressed . He is struggling at WAFL level and I think will be delisted at the end of this year .
He struggled against Swan Districts because he lacked support around him and the Swans mids where running free in their forward line .
Alex Silvagni and Zac Dawson are the only real KPP players not in our current team and they are both injured .
I agree with you on Jack Hannath ,he could be our Tom Hawkins in waiting but he will need to get with Pavlich and Mcpharlin to learn the role .
Fremantle along with 16 other teams are talking with Hogans management according to Karl Langdon so I wouldn't be holding my breath on getting him . We will have plenty of money in the WAR CHEST and the prospect of playing more finals but travel is the Elephant in the Room that scares some many prospected recruits from other clubs other than South Aussies .

thanks for the update Bondy

Alex Pearce will be slower to come on with strength given that he reported he's on a restricted regime - needs time.

A much more realistic view of my rather positive rely to this thread!

A week is a long time in football:rolleyes: Last game they were all world beaters and Peel was heading for a WAFL GF.
PS To play KPF you need a modicum of pace and evasion skill.Unfortunately Jack has neither.

I agree with you on Jack Hannath ,he could be our Tom Hawkins in waiting

Not to be rude.......... but what are you smoking?

At best he might be a Nathan Vardy (without the dodgy knee and hips), but Tom Hawkins is stretching it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back