Matchday 3

Which promoted club has impressed you the most?

• Bournemouth

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Watford

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Norwich

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I did. It impeded Bournemouth's keeper from playing the ball because he believed Coutinho to be making a play on it. They used specific examples of players attempting to shoot from off-side, missing, and another player scoring as examples of goals that would no longer stand.

I'm talking about the offside paid against Coutinho in this mornings game. That waa incorrect.

The Bournemouth goal was offside.

I'm talking about the offside paid against Coutinho in this mornings game. That waa incorrect.

The Bournemouth goal was offside.

Which offside? Can't think of any controversial ones against you guys. Only the Ramsey goal that should have stood.

Cracking game for a 0-0. Annoyed that Cech decided to be at his best. Denied us two goals with absolute worldies.

Chances at both ends. Both teams probably feel like they deserved to win so a draw was the right result. Im happy with a point at the Emirates. Such a tough place to go.

Cracking game for a 0-0. Annoyed that Cech decided to be at his best. Denied us two goals with absolute worldies.

Chances at both ends. Both teams probably feel like they deserved to win so a draw was the right result. Im happy with a point at the Emirates. Such a tough place to go.
I can't see how that's true. Arsenal actually put the ball in the back of the net with it being incorrectly ruled out. For all Liverpool's chances, they didn't. Had the refereeing not been wrong, Arsenal win.

I can't see how that's true. Arsenal actually put the ball in the back of the net with it being incorrectly ruled out. For all Liverpool's chances, they didn't. Had the refereeing not been wrong, Arsenal win.

We had a stonewall penalty turned down against Paulista. Draw a fair result.

While I agree it was a bad decision to flag Ramsey's goal for offside, I don't think you can say Arsenal would definitely go on to win the game. The decision was quite early, and had it been allowed, it changes the dynamics of the game entirely; we were quite happy to sit back largely in the second half, something we wouldn't have done had we had to chase the game.

Poor decision? Absolutely. Arsenal win if it's allowed? Not as black and white as you make it out to be.

Thought we were tactically more intelligent and pragmatic than we have been in these types of games in the past as well. Old Liverpool would've kept going end to end, aggressively (and naïvely) pressing high up the pitch even after Arsenal started to get on top in the 2nd half so it was good to see us recognize the changing momentum and focus on shutting them out first and foremost. Lucas showed why he's still a useful player to have around and Lovren is looking like he might have turned the corner & remembered how to defend! *touch wood*

Just a good contest between 2 pretty evenly matched sides tonight. 3 clean sheets on the trot, 7 points out of 9 including trips to the Emirates and the Britannia and we're nowhere near 100% yet so I can't complain with our start to the season. West Ham next.

Last edited:

I can see where they're coming from, both sides really should have scored. If that goal's given, Liverpool open up a bit more and maybe equalise - or Arsenal win by more, who knows - but I think a draw was the right result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought we were tactically more intelligent and pragmatic than we have been in these types of games in the past as well. Old Liverpool would've kept going end to end, aggressively (and naïvely) pressing high up the pitch even after Arsenal started to get on top in the 2nd half so it was good to see us recognize the changing momentum and focus on shutting them out first and foremost. Lucas showed why he's still a useful player to have around and Lovren is looking like he might have turned the corner & remembered how to defend! *touch wood*

Just a good contest between 2 pretty evenly matched sides tonight. 3 clean sheets on the trot, 7 points out of 9 including trips to the Emirates and the Britannia and we're nowhere near 100% yet so I can't complain with our start to the season. West Ham next.

Yeah, nice to come to these games and not try to go toe to toe anymore. Grinding it out is nice

this is a different LFC this season, much more in the mold of a Mourinho team, where results mean everything, even rodgers is no longer the nice guy he use to be he is a bit more ruthless probably realising that if we dont make top 4 he'll be gone.

Back