MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just joined this week, didn't get around in posting so here goes :).

Been a fan since '05, was taken to my first game with my Family Friend at the 'G against the Power, and since then, my heart has been beating true..

only experienced the highs of '06 and then everything after that was.. well, you know how it goes.

Really believe Neeld is doing something with this club though!

Hey guys, I'm Ben, I'm 16 years of age and Passionate Melbourne supporter for as long as I can remember, Been reading a few threads over the past few days, looks pretty interesting so thought I would join up.

Cheers.

Hey guys, I'm Ben, I'm 16 years of age and Passionate Melbourne supporter for as long as I can remember, Been reading a few threads over the past few days, looks pretty interesting so thought I would join up.

Cheers.
Welcome along mate!

Howdy.

I’ve been a reader of the forums for a while but not a poster. Seems like things are getting interesting at MFC now, so thought it might be a good time to join up.

Been a Melbourne supporter for as long as I can remember, continuous member for 14 years since I was 14 (there are a few more years of non-continuous before 14). I was an MCC member, but always, always bought a full MFC membership every year too. Apologies if I offend anyone, but hate MCC members who are demon supporters but don’t buy an MFC membership!

Now live in NSW for 3 years and continue to buy my MFC membership despite getting to less games now.

Another of the Sydney crew. Originally from Melbourne, used to love watching Flower dash along the wing in the 70s and 80s. Finally starting to feel confident that someone at MFC has some vision and passion and drive to make something of the club. I bloody hope Neeld isn't white-anted.

Just joined, been going for Melbourne along as I can remember. My favourite player was Cam Bruce (at his peak) and is currently Frawley. Other then footy I follow OKC in the NBA and Man u in the EPL. I look forward to bigfooty as I've been a longtime lurker :)

Just joined, been going for Melbourne along as I can remember. My favourite player was Cam Bruce (at his peak) and is currently Frawley. Other then footy I follow OKC in the NBA and Man u in the EPL. I look forward to bigfooty as I've been a longtime lurker :)

Welcome mate! Looks like you know your way around judging by your profile and such... that's what lurking will do!

26 years old, joined last year to gain access to the bay on the back of a colleague's anecdote and have since stopped by infrequently, never really with the intention to post. What can I say? I'm a lurker. :cool:

So what am I doing here? Thought it'd be remiss of me to not introduce myself should I choose to post in the future. I'm a lifelong MFC supporter, have been a home game member for 10+ years now (save for a few in between) and have been hurting these past few like you all, only just a little more quietly. Favourite player was the Ox - man what I would give to have a clone of his pre-ACL self running around in the red & blue today...

See ya'round.

Favourite player was the Ox - man what I would give to have a clone of his pre-ACL self running around in the red & blue today...
Welcome middletonlane, and I reckon you'll only have to wait 1 year for that. :)

Finally fixed a problem and I am finally able to post on bigfooty from home. I've been a proud supporter of the mighty Melbourne Demons since I was between 2 and 3 years old and chose the mascot when I was given a scrapbook to choose a mascot from. Been supporting the club as much as possible for the past 15 years mostly watching us play on television, however, in the recent few years I have finally been attending matches. In October, I signed up to be a member of the club for the first time for the 2013 season which I am absolutely pumped for.

Now that I can post, you might see me posting on here a fair bit when I get the chance. Go the Mighty Demons!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi,

My name is Eric and I live in the USA and have only watched AFL for a few years now. For whatever reason (maybe I am just a fan of the underdog), I tend to be rooting for the Demons when I watch the games (I now have a membership to AFL online to watch the games). I hope to learn from the people on the forum and learn more about the team, history, and the AFL as a whole. Forgive me if I ask dumb questions about the sport. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Eric

Hi,

My name is Eric and I live in the USA and have only watched AFL for a few years now. For whatever reason (maybe I am just a fan of the underdog), I tend to be rooting for the Demons when I watch the games (I now have a membership to AFL online to watch the games). I hope to learn from the people on the forum and learn more about the team, history, and the AFL as a whole. Forgive me if I ask dumb questions about the sport. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Eric

Welcome Eric, good to hear that you're on board.

How did you hear about the the AFL?

Don't worry about the dumb questions, there are plenty here that give dumb answers so you'll balance things out.

Welcome Eric, good to hear that you're on board.

How did you hear about the the AFL?

Don't worry about the dumb questions, there are plenty here that give dumb answers so you'll balance things out.
Thanks Sam. I caught the AFL because a few years ago they showed it on ESPN3.com.

Hi,

Eric

Welcome to the board mate.

Even though it amuses me when I see an an American write it, but "rooting" in Australia has a totally different meaning to support/barrack, etc. It is a synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses. For instance, The Demons have been "rooted" for the past 5 years. :D

And dont feel bad to ask questions about our great game as I still have no idea how the NFL rules work, even after watching the games. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Welcome to the board mate.

Even though it amuses me when I see an an American write it, but "rooting" in Australia has a totally different meaning to support/barrack, etc. It is a synonym for f*ck in nearly all its senses. For instance, The Demons have been "rooted" for the past 5 years. :D

And dont feel bad to ask questions about our great game as I still have no idea how the NFL rules work, even after watching the games. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Hi Syrus,

Thank you for the information so if I ever speak to an Australian I do not say something offensive! The same goes for you with the NFL, if you have questions. I look forward to learning more about the sport!

Eric

Hi Syrus,

Thank you for the information so if I ever speak to an Australian I do not say something offensive! The same goes for you with the NFL, if you have questions. I look forward to learning more about the sport!

Eric

Its not offensive mate, if anything we are probably more offended if you aren't swearing. :p :thumbsu:

Hi there.

New here.... Not new elsewhere. I look forward to occasionally posting my own thoughts here when shouting them over the boundary line at the MCG does not help me feel better.

Cheers.

G'day All, long time Dee supporter, first time poster. Basically got drawn to you guys due to the finger on the pulse, up to date knowledge of what is happening within the club. Have been observing for a while and thought I'd show my appreciation for the training reports ect by throwing my 2c worth in. Appreciated guys, hoping I can contribute in the future. Chewy.

G'day All, long time Dee supporter, first time poster. Basically got drawn to you guys due to the finger on the pulse, up to date knowledge of what is happening within the club. Have been observing for a while and thought I'd show my appreciation for the training reports ect by throwing my 2c worth in. Appreciated guys, hoping I can contribute in the future. Chewy.
Welcome along mate.

You guys have been keeping me entertained the last few months with some slow days in the office. Making it far too easy to procastinate! Really been appreciating the pre-season updates amongst others and look forward to contributing in future. Cheers

You guys have been keeping me entertained the last few months with some slow days in the office. Making it far too easy to procastinate! Really been appreciating the pre-season updates amongst others and look forward to contributing in future. Cheers
Love the avatar mate made me made me chuckle.

I guess next time you log it'll be the 'return of @dee_mac'

:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back