NBA Week 11 - Where the Pistons are on a one-game win streak

Which team would you trust most to outstink the rest if your life depended on it?

• The 1993 Mavs were the biggest collection of random forgettable plebs in history

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The 1998 Nuggets made Paul Westhead's Nuggets look like world-beaters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The 2000 Clippers stunk worse than one of Donald Sterling's apartments

• The 2005 Hawks should be condemned to another 50 years of mediocrity for crimes against basketball

• The 2012 Bobcats should all have given themselves new identities, not just the mascot

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • The 2016 Sixers put the 1973 Sixers to shame

• The 2023 Pistons have truly put the 'Bad' in 'Bad Boys'

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We killed the streak.

Cam Whitmore needs minutes.
No idea why Bullock is getting minutes over him.

Also the floor spacing with Alpi when playing minutes with Tate is horrible.

Jordan Clarkson registers a triple double. The first Jazzian to do so in 17 years
How the hell did Donovan Mitchell not get at least one? Crazy stat.

Grant Williams has actually been really disappointing for the Mavs. They're getting far more out of Exum and Derrick Jones Jr.

Overall they don't seem that much improved on last season. Difficult for them to find avenues to improve via trade either. Markeiff Morris just seems like a waste of a roster spot.

Grant Williams has actually been really disappointing for the Mavs. They're getting far more out of Exum and Derrick Jones Jr.

Overall they don't seem that much improved on last season. Difficult for them to find avenues to improve via trade either. Markeiff Morris just seems like a waste of a roster spot.
The problem is he needs to be what he was at Boston. A 6-8 type guy in a roster that in certain match ups can start. That is the problem with the entire roster outside Luka and Kyrie. THJ, Lively, Williams, Exum etc. they are all useful players but too much is being asked of them. They continually screw up by overpaying or adding players with flaws to try and scrounge together a contender. They needed to just accept where they were, hold picks and free up cap space and try again. The Kyrie trade, the Wood trade just continues to shuffle deck chairs. It’s why they shouldn’t make a move this deadline. They don’t have the pieces to turn this roster in to a contender with some fringe moves.

The one thing they got right was tanking at the end of last year to keep that pick.

The problem is he needs to be what he was at Boston. A 6-8 type guy in a roster that in certain match ups can start. That is the problem with the entire roster outside Luka and Kyrie. THJ, Lively, Williams, Exum etc. they are all useful players but too much is being asked of them. They continually screw up by overpaying or adding players with flaws to try and scrounge together a contender. They needed to just accept where they were, hold picks and free up cap space and try again. The Kyrie trade, the Wood trade just continues to shuffle deck chairs. It’s why they shouldn’t make a move this deadline. They don’t have the pieces to turn this roster in to a contender with some fringe moves.

The one thing they got right was tanking at the end of last year to keep that pick.

Yeah they've got a boatload of mid size contracts that don't expire until 2025 at the earliest, so I can't see other teams trading for them until June at the earliest. And that presumes there's a decent player out there available for expiring contracts, which is a large assumption. Dallas would have to throw in some virtually unprotected picks.

Nearly $70 mil next season tied up in Hardaway, Williams, Holmes, Kleber and Josh Green. None of them unmovable, but none of them likely to fetch much in return either.

They have done well with their low key moves like Exum, Jones and Lively, so that's something. Still looks like a 45 win team that'll probably lose 4-2 in the first round. Given Luka + shooters is almost automatically a guaranteed top-10 offence, it's not great.

Today proves that Sexum is already the Mavs most important player. Earning about $30m per year less than he should be.

Is it time to talk about Dame yet? Dude has had some stinkers this season
Early in the season I stated I preferred Holiday.

I don't shy away from that, especially since Dame hasn't been too amazing but one thing I've noticed is even just his presence of what he can do, is still felt on the team.

With Holiday, Giannis likely isn't the highly efficient beast this year, most likely having to force a lot more.

Holiday offensively has dropped off with the Celtics as well, so not exactly like he has set the world on fire in terms of Jrue v Dame in the half-court game.

Biggest issue for me is the hole on defense that is Dame, compared to Jrue who can still bring his defense to a very high level.

Overall for me it's a toss up. Jrue's defense vs teams having to still respect Dame which free's up Giannis to dish out when doubled. Dame needs to bring it during the Playoffs, that's all that matters.

Early in the season I stated I preferred Holiday.

I don't shy away from that, especially since Dame hasn't been too amazing but one thing I've noticed is even just his presence of what he can do, is still felt on the team.

With Holiday, Giannis likely isn't the highly efficient beast this year, most likely having to force a lot more.

Holiday offensively has dropped off with the Celtics as well, so not exactly like he has set the world on fire in terms of Jrue v Dame in the half-court game.

Biggest issue for me is the hole on defense that is Dame, compared to Jrue who can still bring his defense to a very high level.

Overall for me it's a toss up. Jrue's defense vs teams having to still respect Dame which free's up Giannis to dish out when doubled. Dame needs to bring it during the Playoffs, that's all that matters.
Well said. If the Bucks make the playoffs it should unleash the beast within Dame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was happy the Celtics moved on from grant, he’s just an undersized 4 that can Jack up 3s and somewhat be a solid defender but doesn’t provide much else.

I was happy the Celtics moved on from grant, he’s just an undersized 4 that can Jack up 3s and somewhat be a solid defender but doesn’t provide much else.
He is just terrible on the boards and just slow and lazy in covering the court. Almost like he has to be a bench guy on 15-20 minutes to properly contribute which isnt worth the money they paid for him. Luckily Dallas are getting so much value out of Exum/Jones Jnr really. They do probably need to make 1 more move somewhere down the line. I think with the value Exum/Jones Jnr provide at SF, they need to move for a versatile PF of some sort and can do so at a higher wage. Feel like Siakam could be a good bet for them in that regard. Alternatively they could aim for a Deandre Hunter on the proviso that Atlanta may be desperate to sell

I felt he was too slow to be a 3. A classical tweener. Dunno why fans went nuts for him during his boston stint.

Philly need to make 1 more move. This team is almost title favourites for me. Batum and Oubre Jnr just rounding out the team well. Team looks much more balanced now PJ Tucker is gone and while they miss Harden a bit, Maxeys improvement and Oubre Jnrs all round game covering that with ease.

With those picks and Marcus Morris contract they should be looking for a guy like Brogdon in a cheap trade

Is it time to talk about Dame yet? Dude has had some stinkers this season
Yes. He isnt in the top 50 players this year so convo gotta happen.

I think he is just moping around like a lil bitch since he isnt 1st choice on offense. He has nothing to provide when he isnt that guy chucking up 20-25 shots a game. Its why the move from Bucks was so terrible and why the trade to Heats was ideal since with Herro and Robinson gone in any deal, the shots for Lillard would be there

I dont think Bucks ever run away or move on from this deal so Dame/Middleton/Giannis gotta figure it out before playoffs

Philly need to make 1 more move. This team is almost title favourites for me. Batum and Oubre Jnr just rounding out the team well. Team looks much more balanced now PJ Tucker is gone and while they miss Harden a bit, Maxeys improvement and Oubre Jnrs all round game covering that with ease.

With those picks and Marcus Morris contract they should be looking for a guy like Brogdon in a cheap trade
Yep they’re looking the goods. Pity they have the biggest w***er fanbase (in Philly) in the league as their team is pretty likeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back