NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

CK7WYl_WcAAMbP4.jpg:large

Thought you fella's would enjoy this--recent map of top jersey sales per state. (In other word's what team's jersey sells best in a particular state)

As an aside--yes there is a rule that the Squeelers and Browns must always be in opposite states. Part of the joy of despising the other team's supporters. ;)

CK7WYl_WcAAMbP4.jpg:large

Thought you fella's would enjoy this--recent map of top jersey sales per state. (In other word's what team's jersey sells best in a particular state)

As an aside--yes there is a rule that the Squeelers and Browns must always be in opposite states. Part of the joy of despising the other team's supporters. ;)

Some weird ones in there...

Packers/Idaho, Browns/Oklahoma, Colts/Nevada, Redskins/Nebraska, Rams/Alaska, Panthers/Hawaii, Raiders/Montana, Falcons/Delaware.

http://sportschatplace.com/nfl-picks/2015/07/28/top-ten-smallest-nfl-fan-bases#MRFmQEB2fRBkGEgo.99

NFLRebekah Winters Rhine · July 28, 2015

Top Ten Smallest NFL Fan Bases

Yesterday, we took a look at the NFL’s largest fan bases, geographically speaking. Today, as you might’ve guessed, we’re going to run through the league’s top ten smallest fan bases.

1. The Philadelphia Eagles have the league’s smallest fan base, holding down just the Philly metropolitan area and the lower half of New Jersey.

2. The Houston Texans, who are still a relatively new team, hold down the Houston metropolitan area, South Padre Island, and, oddly enough, the vast majority of Hawaii.

3. The Buffalo Bills manage to hold down just the western 1/3 of New York state and a tiny bit of northwestern Pennsylvania.

4. The Jacksonville Jaguars don’t have a whole lot of fans, for good reason. In fact, their fan base only extends from the Jacksonville metropolitan area into a tiny bit of Georgia’s southeast corner.

5. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers manage to hold down about half of Florida’s Gulf Coast and a few counties in the state’s panhandle.

6. The San Diego Chargers have the smallest fan base in a state that is absolutely dominated by San Francisco 49ers fans. The Bolts hold down about 1/8 of California’s counties.

7. The Washington Redskins hold down parts of just one state: Virginia. Counties held down by the ‘Skins are interspersed with counties held down by the New York Giants, putting the Redskins firmly on this list.

8. The Cleveland Browns' fan base extends from Lake Erie to Toledo to Columbus, giving them a fairly small (but extremely loyal) region.

9. The Miami Dolphins hold down the largest chunk of the state of Florida (a good 2/3 of the state roots for the ‘Fins), but still have one of the smallest fan bases in the league overall. This is what happens when you have three NFL teams in a fairly tiny state.

10. The Oakland Raiders' fan base is centered in two parts of California: Oakland itself and the Los Angeles metro area. They also hold down a few random counties in the state of Montana. Let me know if you figure that one out…

Wanna get into the NFL this year, no teams really appealing to me. I go for Cavs and Indians but I really rather not go for another cursed team from Cleveland. So staying away from browns before i get emotionally attached, once i pick a team i am unable to go for another... I found that out in the NBL lol

Any teams you guys would suggest that would be fun to go for? I get the basic rules of the sport (well i think i do) i just don't know positions, tactics and why there are so many people on a roster.

Wanna get into the NFL this year, no teams really appealing to me. I go for Cavs and Indians but I really rather not go for another cursed team from Cleveland. So staying away from browns before i get emotionally attached, once i pick a team i am unable to go for another... I found that out in the NBL lol

Any teams you guys would suggest that would be fun to go for? I get the basic rules of the sport (well i think i do) i just don't know positions, tactics and why there are so many people on a roster.
I suggest Miami Dolphins, they could be starting a run of being a good team again. They're not popular, we hardly have many Dolphins fans here, they've had a bad team for a decade or so, so you'd be coming on about the right time.

Falcons :thumbsu:

Some weird ones in there...

Packers/Idaho, Browns/Oklahoma, Colts/Nevada, Redskins/Nebraska, Rams/Alaska, Panthers/Hawaii, Raiders/Montana, Falcons/Delaware.

Seems so on its face---but when you factor in certain players college teams it falls into place. Hawaii, for example, will soon be taken over by the Titans if they have not already. (Mariota)

If you go for the Tribe you can suck it for the Browns---plus you would have a hook up for tickets if you ever came into town. C''mon---it will turn someday and when it does---it will be spectacular. ;)

http://sportschatplace.com/nfl-picks/2015/07/28/top-ten-smallest-nfl-fan-bases#MRFmQEB2fRBkGEgo.99

NFLRebekah Winters Rhine · July 28, 2015

Top Ten Smallest NFL Fan Bases

Yesterday, we took a look at the NFL’s largest fan bases, geographically speaking. Today, as you might’ve guessed, we’re going to run through the league’s top ten smallest fan bases.

8. The Cleveland Browns' fan base extends from Lake Erie to Toledo to Columbus, giving them a fairly small (but extremely loyal) region.

I respectfully, disagree---after all our fan base extends even to a certain Southern Hemisphere continent. :thumbsu:

370 chapters and 12 countries can't all be wrong.

http://fans.clevelandbrowns.com/backer-tracker?country=AU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggest Miami Dolphins, they could be starting a run of being a good team again. They're not popular, we hardly have many Dolphins fans here, they've had a bad team for a decade or so, so you'd be coming on about the right time.
who are their good players ? I hate Miami Heat so much it would be funny going for the Dolphins, strongly considering them.

If you go for the Tribe you can suck it for the Browns---plus you would have a hook up for tickets if you ever came into town. C''mon---it will turn someday and when it does---it will be spectacular. ;)
hahahaha, I'm sorry i can't do it ! I must go for a team from a different city this time :p All i hear on twitter from the cleveland sports fans i follow is utter frustration for the browns, they were good last season but still managed to stuff it up or something like that

hahahaha, I'm sorry i can't do it ! I must go for a team from a different city this time :p All i hear on twitter from the cleveland sports fans i follow is utter frustration for the browns, they were good last season but still managed to stuff it up or something like that

Well, what can one expect from a Pies backer, shameful! ;)

Seahawks.

If you don't want to jump on the bandwagon then pick a team on the rise. If I was to pick a new team to go for it would probably be one of Miami, Atlanta, Cincinnati or Indianapolis.

Are you an Aussie that moved to Cleveland or an American that somehow found AFL? Either way you should follow the same team as Delly :p

American who fell in love with the best team to barrack for in the AFL. My son is very happy that Delly signed the tender--I had been prepping him that he could be leaving and he is his favorite player. (Lebron who, right?)

Didn't know Delly went for the Pies---will have to give him hell for that if we ever run into him.

Seahawks.

If you don't want to jump on the bandwagon then pick a team on the rise. If I was to pick a new team to go for it would probably be one of Miami, Atlanta, Cincinnati or Indianapolis.
I think I'm gonna choose out of Miami and Cincinnati

American who fell in love with the best team to barrack for in the AFL. My son is very happy that Delly signed the tender--I had been prepping him that he could be leaving and he is his favorite player. (Lebron who, right?)

Didn't know Delly went for the Pies---will have to give him hell for that if we ever run into him.

I like seeing Americans support AFL, haha I don't blame your son, my favourite player was Mo back in the old LeBron era so I'm glad he is back even though he is old now and will be a bench player. I'm surprised Delly is still on the team given his mins will be reduced. Delly managed to get Varejao in a pies jersey lol
Do you follow Ohio State sports ?

I like seeing Americans support AFL, haha I don't blame your son, my favourite player was Mo back in the old LeBron era so I'm glad he is back even though he is old now and will be a bench player. I'm surprised Delly is still on the team given his mins will be reduced. Delly managed to get Varejao in a pies jersey lol
Do you follow Ohio State sports ?

Delly didn't have any other choice. No market for a multi year deal at what he wanted. He was restricted free agent so if he signed for less we would have matched. This will almost certainly be his last year on the team and he isn't in a bad spot as 3rd guard behind Kyrie and Mo.

Can not stand Ohio State--sorry.

Delly didn't have any other choice. No market for a multi year deal at what he wanted. He was restricted free agent so if he signed for less we would have matched. This will almost certainly be his last year on the team and he isn't in a bad spot as 3rd guard behind Kyrie and Mo.

Can not stand Ohio State--sorry.
I saw a rumour he was gonna sign with Portland, I'm so glad they got rid of Mike Miller lol waste of money
Thats ok, i don't really support Ohio State or any college i just watched their basketball team a lot because of Russell and saw them win the college football tournament.

I saw a rumour he was gonna sign with Portland, I'm so glad they got rid of Mike Miller lol waste of money
Thats ok, i don't really support Ohio State or any college i just watched their basketball team a lot because of Russell and saw them win the college football tournament.

Ex went to Ohio State so that helped sour any chance I had of ever backing them lol. Yes, Urban has a good thing going in Columbus. Mike may be back after a buyout from Portland at the vet minimum. I hope not either---but he is close with Lebron.

Good trade though---should give us the opportunity to pick up a very good player at the trade deadline. One organization that is run well in this town.

Seahawks.

The Bengals? They've been on the rise for 4 years now and still havent won a playoff game. On the road to nowhere. :$

oh and Atlolnta, yeah nah. :drunk:

The choice is the Panthers, baby, simple, we have the best colors and the best LB's in the game, a never ending Cam Newton highlight (and turnover) reel and two young twin tower receivers. No championship on the board as of yet but its not far away, jump aboard now before the bandwagon is full.

Even when we play s**t, get injuries and have off field crisis' (as we had last year) we still make the playoffs because we are playing pure garbage in our division. Expect a 2013 performace this year though, 11-5, 12-4. Playoff moral, division champ 3 peat and only better to come. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back