NFL New to NFL - Looking for a Team to Follow

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been predicting Dolphins to start becoming the force of the afc east for the last five years. So far never occurred. But this year could be the start of something. If it doesn't happen. * them, it won't happen for even longer.
they might ovetake the Jets and Patriots, but the Bills will be THE force for 2-3 years (before Rex the cancer replaces Rex the motivational defensive genius)

I've been predicting Dolphins to start becoming the force of the afc east for the last five years. So far never occurred. But this year could be the start of something. If it doesn't happen. * them, it won't happen for even longer.

I've been talking up the (rise of) Browns... *facepalm* :D At least they popped that SIX WIN season bubble last season and I recall they were Division leaders about mid-season last year.:clubs: (A rare occassion to be a proud Browns fan) You've gotta earn it in the brutal AFC North.

As for the Snapperheads.. they remind me of NMFC in the AFL... they're only gonna come good only when you don't rate 'em. On the flipside... I've been calling a Pats demise for the last few seasons... *facepalm* ...won't happen with the crafty BB at the helm. No siree.

If anyone's looking for a team on the rise (in a year or three) and that should then stay strong for 5+ years, here's a team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lker-titans-should-be-a-great-team-this-year/

The AFC South has the potential to be a Division of Death soon, with the Jaguars and Titans loading up on talent, and the Texans with a top D and just in need of a franchise QB, as well as the currently dominant Colts (who just need a D).

If anyone's looking for a team on the rise (in a year or three) and that should then stay strong for 5+ years, here's a team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lker-titans-should-be-a-great-team-this-year/

The AFC South has the potential to be a Division of Death soon, with the Jaguars and Titans loading up on talent, and the Texans with a top D and just in need of a franchise QB, as well as the currently dominant Colts (who just need a D).
I am driving the bandwagon bus and anyone who wants to jump on board must wear a lei.

Quick Snapshot:
THE GOOD : They're a team who don't have the bandwagon impact. Tick!!
They're an outdoor / warm climate team.. easy decision to make for any newbie who likes to travel and prefers the heat over the cold.
They're well balanced on both sides of the ball.

THE BAD: Storied franchise… you'll never hear the END of their perfect 1972 season if history about them interests you.

THE UGLY: They're in the AFC EAST meaning facing the bloody Pats twice a season. They've won just twice in the last 10 MNF appearances.

Hey, I was there for one of those MNF games they won. Alright it was the Jets, and one hell of an ugly win, but we'll take it. I'm actually 2 from 2 in live Dolphins games - Philbin should put me on the books!

Honestly though with Suh,Wake and Grimes we do have some real talent. And if the offence clicks with Tannehill, Miller and we finally get some WR talent then maybe, just maybe next season will be the one we can get knocked out first round of playoffs!!!

Fins Up

Nice

Still not familiar with the rules though watched a few vids and still having a bit trouble understanding them what's the best way to go about it?
Firstly, the preseason starts the second week of august, the regular season starts the second week of september.

If you want to get to know the rules well, the best thing to do would probably be to play video games (Madden). Otherwise just watch as many games as you can, it will take a few years to really understand (it's complex asf)

I know this video is taking the piss a bit but it's actually kind of helpful:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not familiar with the rules though watched a few vids and still having a bit trouble understanding them what's the best way to go about it?

Read up on the basics and go from there. It does take a while to get your head around the more sophisticated rules.

The best way IMO is to learn by watching. As you are a Giants fan, try and find some of their games from the past couple of seasons and watch them over the next ~6 weeks before the pre-season starts.

The NFL season starts in September right? also I'll be new to the game I've chosen the New York Giants as my team.
Great choice!

They've been middle-of-the-road the last few seasons, but they are never right in the bottom group of teams and get into the playoffs a fair bit.

I like the organization as much as anything. The owners are seen and not heard (much). Coach is solid and proven. Quaterback is frustrating but decent. We have two very awesome wide receivers and one of them is the Madden cover player this year.

A good all round team :)

That said, no one should hold it against you if you change you mind. Fandom builds up over time - you might find another team grabs your attention.

Whatever you do, don't select my Browns--unless of course you like heartache, misery, and boatloads and boatloads of losing.

But if you are a sadomasochist--by all means welcome aboard!!! :)

Whatever you do, don't select my Browns--unless of course you like heartache, misery, and boatloads and boatloads of losing.

But if you are a sadomasochist--by all means welcome aboard!!! :)
As a Skins fan I feel your heartache. We are an absolute rabble of an organisation currently.
We aren't going to be a threat for awhile :(

As a Skins fan I feel your heartache. We are an absolute rabble of an organisation currently.
We aren't going to be a threat for awhile :(

Yes you fella's are a mess...but at least you have: A) been to the Super Bowl and B) won multiple titles in my lifetime alone!

So not sure you can feel allllllll my heartache---but I get it. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back