Roast Next year's Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
I can't believe I'm about to write this, but if the current coach remains then as an interstate member who pays full price to see one free game here in Adelaide a year I am SERIOUSLY considering not renewing my membership.

A stand needs to be made and I think it's time for us as supporters to come together and say what has happened is totally unacceptable and the coach/coaches needs to go.

We are that much of a rabble that it's not funny. Our coach is so far out of his depth that it's laughable. The old game plan of 5 years ago to run/chase and kick it long has become beyond a joke with pretty much every expert laughing and shaking their head at what they are seeing being dished up by us week after week.

My stand is now. Will not be renewing the membership until the coach is gone. Sick and tired of watching the same s**t happen without the correct people getting the blame.

If your a senior coach and don't like what the assistant is doing the take the reign yourself or tell him what to do or gtfo. The club has made a massive blunder in extending Richo's contract and now they are blaming everyone else but themselves and him by getting rid of assistants so that they save their own face.

I'm sorry but he needs to go and so do the people that made a decision to extend his contract. This is how it happens in the real world and you live or die by your sword. Unfortunately that's not how St Kilda works, we continually screw things up.

1 less membership next year until all that happens. I don't care if I have to Fork out that money in round 23 next year. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I can't believe I'm about to write this, but if the current coach remains then as an interstate member who pays full price to see one free game here in Adelaide a year I am SERIOUSLY considering not renewing my membership.

A stand needs to be made and I think it's time for us as supporters to come together and say what has happened is totally unacceptable and the coach/coaches needs to go.

We are that much of a rabble that it's not funny. Our coach is so far out of his depth that it's laughable. The old game plan of 5 years ago to run/chase and kick it long has become beyond a joke with pretty much every expert laughing and shaking their head at what they are seeing being dished up by us week after week.

My stand is now. Will not be renewing the membership until the coach is gone. Sick and tired of watching the same s**t happen without the correct people getting the blame.

If your a senior coach and don't like what the assistant is doing the take the reign yourself or tell him what to do or gtfo. The club has made a massive blunder in extending Richo's contract and now they are blaming everyone else but themselves and him by getting rid of assistants so that they save their own face.

I'm sorry but he needs to go and so do the people that made a decision to extend his contract. This is how it happens in the real world and you live or die by your sword. Unfortunately that's not how St Kilda works, we continually screw things up.

1 less membership next year until all that happens. I don't care if I have to Fork out that money in round 23 next year. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Suspect this is how many would be feeling about now.
I'm drained by the whole waiting and being patient thing then see garbage dished up week after week.
#EAFCO until Richo gone

Dark Saint I was thinking about this same this this morning. (i also felt bad even thinking it) I also feel the same, I don't want to renew while Ritcho remains as head coach. Also not not thrilled with Summers would like to see him out as well.

But for now based off last night Ritcho and Co have to go it was a the final nail for me.

One of the most stupid posts I have ever read. Cast your mind back to 2016 when we almost made the finals. Missed by percentage I believe and actually would have made the top 8 if the umpire had not cost us the game against North......Remember? We were all in shock at how quickly we rose off the bottom of the ladder. Unfortunately it was a false dawn. We needed to stay in the bottom 4 for another 3 years and lap up more top 10 picks because of all the bad recruiting that had happened with Lyon (and Watters for that matter). If you analyse our list we have very good youth (24 and under), but we don't have the quality of senior players other teams do. It's not the coaches fault it's the clubs fault for telling everyone that we would be top 4 by 2018. I hope the new List Manager realizes that we should still be rebuilding for another 3 years before we even start thinking about top 4. With this in mind I personably would trade Jack Steven IF, and only IF, we could get a pick close to the top 10 for him. I know he is our best player but he is nearing 30. If Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong finish 4th, 5th and 6th respectively they might be tempted to trade their first pick for him. Especially if we pay 25% of his contract. We then would go to the Draft with picks 3 and 12ish. Then next year I would do the same with Carlisle. Cash him in to IF and only IF we get a pick close to the top 10. If we do this and nail the picks then I will be confident that from 2022 onwards we would be a 'Real' threat for the premiership.

One of the most stupid posts I have ever read. Cast your mind back to 2016 when we almost made the finals. Missed by percentage I believe and actually would have made the top 8 if the umpire had not cost us the game against North......Remember? We were all in shock at how quickly we rose off the bottom of the ladder. Unfortunately it was a false dawn. We needed to stay in the bottom 4 for another 3 years and lap up more top 10 picks because of all the bad recruiting that had happened with Lyon (and Watters for that matter). If you analyse our list we have very good youth (24 and under), but we don't have the quality of senior players other teams do. It's not the coaches fault it's the clubs fault for telling everyone that we would be top 4 by 2018. I hope the new List Manager realizes that we should still be rebuilding for another 3 years before we even start thinking about top 4. With this in mind I personably would trade Jack Steven IF, and only IF, we could get a pick close to the top 10 for him. I know he is our best player but he is nearing 30. If Collingwood, Hawthorn and Geelong finish 4th, 5th and 6th respectively they might be tempted to trade their first pick for him. Especially if we pay 25% of his contract. We then would go to the Draft with picks 3 and 12ish. Then next year I would do the same with Carlisle. Cash him in to IF and only IF we get a pick close to the top 10. If we do this and nail the picks then I will be confident that from 2022 onwards we would be a 'Real' threat for the premiership.
Lol almost this almost that isn't good enough. We are a club of almosts and what ifs. We as a supporter group need to change and not accept mediocrity. 1 flag in over 60 years speaks for itself. Everyone needs to start holding the club to a higher standard.

Your point about Jack Steven and Carlisle is laughable at best. Get rid of the only players who can perform. Heck let's get rid of every single player and ask the afl if we can start from scratch like the suns. Now they would really be great.

You my friend have got no clue. Go back under a rock were you came from.

The whole club and coaches would have worked together to have a blueprint. If you don't perform in any other role your shown the door accept at our club. It's a joke.

I'll wait till the end of the week to make my decision, but right now I can't donate money to a rabble club. Doing so is accepting mediocrity and I can't do it.
It's one thing to be aware that the club is in a rebuild period, but ultimately we went through that. The plan to 2018 or 2020 or whatever the hell it was. I bought into it, I accepted we were rebuilding but we couldn't land any AAA players, and we won't land any moving forward. Who would want to come to this club?

A huge failure from top to bottom.

If Richo is sacked, I'll likely buy a Membership next year. If Finnis resigns, I'll likely buy a membership next year. Finnis needs to go, he's a self serving individual who uses the football club to boost his standing in the community, nothing more.
His focus on the social issue of the week over the improvement of the footy team says it all. Time to go Finnis, Richo.

Always support the club through thick and thin - strength through loyalty and all that!!!!

The club needs our support now more than ever

Yes its hard but when it turns, and it will turn, it will be worth it. The hard times will be worth it and you will enjoy the good times even more

Nothing in life is easy and supporting the Saints is definitely not easy

Lol almost this almost that isn't good enough. We are a club of almosts and what ifs. We as a supporter group need to change and not accept mediocrity. 1 flag in over 60 years speaks for itself. Everyone needs to start holding the club to a higher standard.

Your point about Jack Steven and Carlisle is laughable at best. Get rid of the only players who can perform. Heck let's get rid of every single player and ask the afl if we can start from scratch like the suns. Now they would really be great.

You my friend have got no clue. Go back under a rock were you came from.

The whole club and coaches would have worked together to have a blueprint. If you don't perform in any other role your shown the door accept at our club. It's a joke.
So you attack me personally and rubbish my post but offer no solution. Oh yeah, your solution was to not buy a membership that's right. No problem.

George are you still in regular contact with Finnis? Forwarding this thread onto the club might force them to act on Richo. It's a real worry when long time and loyal members are withdrawing their support from the club.

Worrying that the saints have gone from the highest retention of members to having long time members withdraw their financial support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George are you still in regular contact with Finnis? Forwarding this thread onto the club might force them to act on Richo. It's a real worry when long time and loyal members are withdrawing their support from the club.

Worrying that the saints have gone from the highest retention of members to having long time members withdraw their financial support.
Yes mate but he is away at the moment. And I reckon the club gets enough people calling to complain - they would know the issues that they are facing. With all due respect I don't think sending them anything will do much. They have backed Richo all year.

I will buy a family membership as I always do, because I can. Heck, travel demands for work this year have meant that I haven't been to a single game, have only been at home for one single home game and couldn't make it (I will be getting to our last one against the Hawks, finally). But for anyone for whom finances mean a membership is a borderline decision, I do not begrudge any of them that elect to hang onto their hard-earned. Our club has not earned the right to have hardworking people fritter away their limited resources for the privilege of watching the inept, spineless dross that our team has served up on more than one occasion this year. If last nights performance was our team speaking, then I think they were saying "bye bye Cho", and if our administration are not hard of hearing they will take note before our members start saying bye bye as well...…...

Yes mate but he is away at the moment. And I reckon the club gets enough people calling to complain - they would know the issues that they are facing. With all due respect I don't think sending them anything will do much. They have backed Richo all year.[/QUOTE]
And rightly so in my opinion.

You wanted us to stay in the bottom four for longer? Are you a St.Kilda supporter?

Trade Jack Steven and Jake Carlisle, our two best players, for top 10 picks. And what if we don't nail those picks. It's not a guarantee we get two stars with those picks. If we don't nail them we will be worse.

And you call the posters post that you replied to stupid. Come off it.

I'll never stop supporting St Kilda, I love 'em to death and no football club can survive without the fans. I understand why people would feel like they shouldn't make a financial contribution to the club whilst we're struggling but I completely disagree with it.

If you love the club you'll support them through thick and thin, simple as that. Blaming the coach or the captain for everything that's supposedly wrong with the club is a pretty irrational thing to say in my opinion - that's not attacking one person, I know a lot of people here feel that way.

Record membership :heavycheck:
Move back to Moorabbin with top quality facilities :heavycheck:
Involved in the Good Friday appeal game :heavycheck:
Involved in the Pride Game :heavycheck:
Maddie's Match :heavycheck:
VFLW team with an AFLW side on the way :heavycheck:
New sponsors :heavycheck:

The club must be doing something right even if it hasn't gone our way on field this year. Massive knee-jerk reaction in my opinion.

I'll never stop supporting St Kilda, I love 'em to death and no football club can survive without the fans. I understand why people would feel like they shouldn't make a financial contribution to the club whilst we're struggling but I completely disagree with it.

If you love the club you'll support them through thick and thin, simple as that. Blaming the coach or the captain for everything that's supposedly wrong with the club is a pretty irrational thing to say in my opinion - that's not attacking one person, I know a lot of people here feel that way.

Record membership :heavycheck:
Move back to Moorabbin with top quality facilities :heavycheck:
Involved in the Good Friday appeal game :heavycheck:
Involved in the Pride Game :heavycheck:
Maddie's Match :heavycheck:
VFLW team with an AFLW side on the way :heavycheck:
New sponsors :heavycheck:

The club must be doing something right even if it hasn't gone our way on field this year. Massive knee-jerk reaction in my opinion.
Even if I dont purchase a membership, I'm still gonna turn up to games. It's too hard not to. I dont even cry over my exes, I cried over this club

I think we will just need a really good membership campaign for next year.

Saints 2019: It cant be as bad as the sh*t we served up last year...

Or for the children:

Saints 2019: At least we aren't Carlton!
Or recruit some talents

You wanted us to stay in the bottom four for longer? Are you a St.Kilda supporter?

Trade Jack Steven and Jake Carlisle, our two best players, for top 10 picks. And what if we don't nail those picks. It's not a guarantee we get two stars with those picks. If we don't nail them we will be worse.

And you call the posters post that you replied to stupid. Come off it.
There is no need to reason with him. He will just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back