NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Think salary cap issues due to debt have restricted them from recruiting but has also probably paid off unearthing young talent.

Last year south Morang caught everyone off guard, no one was prepared for them to hold up as they did and a big slide was predicted.

Talented players have shone through but in the coming year clubs would now prepared for that and you’d think would be recruiting on gaps identified from this season to work out ways to match up in all areas of the ground.

Looking at their results this year they had blowout wins against Lalor, Reservoir and a big win against West once but most other games were under 40 points with 6 being under 5 goals.

They are reachable. Bridge the gap with new recruits, injuries occurring and anything can happen

A lot of mention of injuries.
Who has the best depth of the contenders?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The team to beat? Who have they recruited?

Ben Gill back as well, gives another option up forward

Turtles have done a fantastic job coming from where they were a few years ago where they almost had to shut the doors. Great work by some of the guys down there, becoming a competitive finals side would be a huge achievement

Can’t believe they can’t recruit or simply refuse to. They just have to win it or surely it’s a coaching change if they have the balls to pull the trigger
Too scared too. Too many ex junior influencers use their craft over the senior honchos due to the fact they got away with it in their sons junior careers and have followed on to have plenty to say in their starting senior career. These people are all very close to the coach and not a bad word would be said about him due to their close relationships and as the clubs history shows they listen to too many ireelevant people and not make their own decision.

Too scared too. Too many ex junior influencers use their craft over the senior honchos due to the fact they got away with it in their sons junior careers and have followed on to have plenty to say in their starting senior career. These people are all very close to the coach and not a bad word would be said about him due to their close relationships and as the clubs history shows they listen to too many ireelevant people and not make their own decision.
Yeah sounds like a weird situation. Recipe for disaster if that’s how they operate.

No credibility at the top I'm told.

Have close mail from those at Lalor. 2025 plan
Aim is 2 wins 2022
3+ wins 2023
6+ wins 2024
10+ wins 2025

If that is fact then 5 wins in 2 seasons is deporlorable

I just can't see them even beating Reservoir next season to be entirely honest.

Look at results last season.

Hill Rexhepi Evans Smith all dominant yet none there in 2022.

Also the retirement of club legend Langbourne who will never play footy again unfortunately.

Massive loss all those players. Not to mention others having signed at Eltham in the same divvy

It is only October but it looks bleak good on them for playing the kids but results will be a landslide unfortunately

Aim is 2 wins 2022
3+ wins 2023
6+ wins 2024
10+ wins 2025

Also the retirement of club legend Langbourne who will never play footy again unfortunately.

Massive loss all those players. Not to mention others having signed at Eltham in the same divvy

It is only October but it looks bleak good on them for playing the kids but results will be a landslide unfortunately
It’s bleak at the moment but hopefully a few recruits can turn it around?

You just said you can’t see them beating Reservior but then them setting expectations of 5 wins in 2 years is deplorable?

Tbh the more I read about some of these players how they couldn’t beat anyone except the Mustangs is surprising?

Last edited:
Aim is 2 wins 2022
3+ wins 2023
6+ wins 2024
10+ wins 2025

Club legend ? Very very sad for what has happened but to say a club legend not sure . The club is in all sorts

Club legend ? Very very sad for what has happened but to say a club legend not sure . The club is in all sorts
I think his devotion to the club and Family name puts him well and truly in legend status... If you are comparing his ability alone to the "playing legends" of the 90's for example... well then I can understand your point.

I can assure you though, his presence will be a huge loss to the team and club in general... But there is reward in having a hand in the re-build of the club, maybe he focuses on that for the season ahead...?

I think his devotion to the club and Family name puts him well and truly in legend status... If you are comparing his ability alone to the "playing legends" of the 90's for example... well then I can understand your point.

I can assure you though, his presence will be a huge loss to the team and club in general... But there is reward in having a hand in the re-build of the club, maybe he focuses on that for the season ahead...?
Sorry I probably didnt explain it well, I was only compairing to the playing legends of the club. From all reports he will be a mssive loss and yes agree could be described as a legend of a bloke to some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you suggesting exactly...?
After reading a few write ups you had some pretty good players for D3 level.

Evans and Hill both premiership players in D2. Rexhepi one of the best forwards in D3. Scuzzo brothers were playing seniors down the beach.

The list on paper didn’t look half bad. Shame the close losses to West and Eltham didn’t go the other way, could have been a much different story now

Aim is 2 wins 2022
3+ wins 2023
6+ wins 2024
10+ wins 2025

Club legend? Big call. Thankfully he’s ok.
On your plan though 2023 close the doors I believe

Club legend? Big call. Thankfully he’s ok.
On your plan though 2023 close the doors I believe
Nah don't close doors. Good on them focusing on youth.

His family has been at that club for a long time and with what happened I wouldn't be surprised if they change their most courageous player away to the langbourne medal.

Reservoir will surprise a few I rekon

After reading a few write ups you had some pretty good players for D3 level.

Evans and Hill both premiership players in D2. Rexhepi one of the best forwards in D3. Scuzzo brothers were playing seniors down the beach.

The list on paper didn’t look half bad. Shame the close losses to West and Eltham didn’t go the other way, could have been a much different story now
So with a healthy bank balance, clear direction and a team list full of talent...???? I'll let you join the dots there.

You might want to go back and read our conversation from Sept 13... Pretty sure i suggested you do that exact thing - Maybe even go back to the recruits from 2018...
#toughestjob.

Last edited:
Nah don't close doors. Good on them focusing on youth.

His family has been at that club for a long time and with what happened I wouldn't be surprised if they change their most courageous player away to the langbourne medal.

Reservoir will surprise a few I rekon
Focus on the AUSKICK and primary school ages - Build a process, don't pay for a band-aid...!
The club needs to prioritise being relevant to the community and develop organically.

It's a great opportunity if you look at it from the right angle - Everything is there for sustained success... Its just going to take time.

Focus on the AUSKICK and primary school ages - Build a process, don't pay for a band-aid...!
The club needs to prioritise being relevant to the community and develop organically.

It's a great opportunity if you look at it from the right angle - Everything is there for sustained success... Its just going to take time.
I respect that. Itll take time but they do have it. Even if it is a 4 or 5 year plan. They want to get lalor back to what they once were. I recall when I was around 16 17 lalor won 3 div 1 flags b2b2b the place was rocking.

I respect that. Itll take time but they do have it. Even if it is a 4 or 5 year plan. They want to get lalor back to what they once were. I recall when I was around 16 17 lalor won 3 div 1 flags b2b2b the place was rocking.
It's a 10 to 15 year plan… a lot has changed since then and now, the immediate focus should as well.

Build from the bottom up and start thinking like this - "how do we get an Auskicker to one day Captain the seniors"... That’s the 15 year journey.

Things can turn-around pretty quick when stability is the main focus - Grow organically, the KPI doesn’t always need to a successful senior side, that should be the by-product of developing kids into good young men.

Last edited:
what do you mean by that? not a massive fan of morang but if a club is finishing on top under a reduced cap as suggested, can hardly blame the pres for not recruiting.?
To bounce back from the incident following the grand final and be in a strong position losing just 1 game between seniors and ressies it’s a great effort.

Why would you recruit when you have a strong junior program and from what i saw barely any weak links on the ground?

To bounce back from the incident following the grand final and be in a strong position losing just 1 game between seniors and ressies it’s a great effort.

Why would you recruit when you have a strong junior program and from what i saw barely any weak links on the ground?

Every year just about every club wether they win the flag or get the wooden spoon recruit new players

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

what do you mean by that? not a massive fan of morang but if a club is finishing on top under a reduced cap as suggested, can hardly blame the pres for not recruiting.?
Finishing on top in small pond some would say. The league has pushed up 2 sides to Div 2 over the last few years and another free hit next year with no relegation. Could look a lot different if 2 more decent sides were in Div 3. And would love to know just how reduced their cap is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back