NFNL Div 3 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

With west unable to hang in against Mernda it looks like the top 4 is set in positions. First week of finals will be red hot

Mernda v Laurimar
Kinglake v Old Eltham

With west unable to hang in against Mernda it looks like the top 4 is set in positions. First week of finals will be red hot

Mernda v Laurimar
Kinglake v Old Eltham
Both on same points so ,
West need to win both :
Kinglake @ home
Lalor @ lalor
Turtles need to win both :
Reza @ reza
Kilmore @ home .
Looking like turtles , but not locked in yet imo

Had a look at lalor on the weekend and wasn't shocked by what I saw. There are some guys down there who really love the club but the are holding on by the skin of their teeth.
Word around the bar was Lance is their man next year so they have that too look forward to but right now the boys looked tired.
The canteen really is one of the best in the league. The ladies put out a great feed and was the highlight of the day besides chatting with some of the good old boys over a beer.
They have quiet a few guys out there that can play but they looked overwhelming trying to cover for some others.
A change in leadership and a few more decent players might give them a chance if they can survive that long. I for 1 really hope they can. It's a great club with a great history that deserves to live on just need the right people SOON

Mhmm real grim for lalor come the end of the year will be 44 games without a win. 5/82 since 2017(all 5 v rez) and rezza have beaten them the last 5 times now.

Had a look at lalor on the weekend and wasn't shocked by what I saw. There are some guys down there who really love the club but the are holding on by the skin of their teeth.
Word around the bar was Lance is their man next year so they have that too look forward to but right now the boys looked tired.
The canteen really is one of the best in the league. The ladies put out a great feed and was the highlight of the day besides chatting with some of the good old boys over a beer.
They have quiet a few guys out there that can play but they looked overwhelming trying to cover for some others.
A change in leadership and a few more decent players might give them a chance if they can survive that long. I for 1 really hope they can. It's a great club with a great history that deserves to live on just need the right people SOON
I've heard it on good authority from one of their sponsors that Whitnall is a lock. Would be great for the club to have a bloke like that around and drum up some recruits for next year, and more importantly, hopefully retain a lot of the 1 pointers. Resa will be the interesting story now that Ivanhoe and OP are on the move.

I've heard it on good authority from one of their sponsors that Whitnall is a lock. Would be great for the club to have a bloke like that around and drum up some recruits for next year, and more importantly, hopefully retain a lot of the 1 pointers. Resa will be the interesting story now that Ivanhoe and OP are on the move.
Good news to hear if that is the case. It will be a big ask to get the players interested in going to a club with no success over recent years. Even with Lances contacts it is going to be a tough gig. As long as the doors stay open I suppose thats the main thing here.

Good news to hear if that is the case. It will be a big ask to get the players interested in going to a club with no success over recent years. Even with Lances contacts it is going to be a tough gig. As long as the doors stay open I suppose thats the main thing here.
Heard they’ve found a large money source which I guess will be thrown at recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard they’ve found a large money source which I guess will be thrown at recruits.
Heard exactly the same thing which is right on their doorstep but we know what happens when big $$$ are thrown around and what happens in the future with these guys. They play a year and go. They need quality people which I'm hearing they are getting to run and coach the club they now need quality people first then then the player is secondary.

The top 3 equal on 48 points but I can’t see the order changing.

Mernda 188% with games against Lalor & Stars see them finish in 56 and a % boost

Laurimar 211% with a game against Reservoir will see them on 52 and %boost

Kinglake 191% with a game against west to finish will see them finish on 52

Interesting to see how these teams approach the final weeks in preparation for that first final.

Do star players get wrapped in cotton wool or do they risk injury in a final tune up against lower ranked opponents?

Heard exactly the same thing which is right on their doorstep but we know what happens when big $$$ are thrown around and what happens in the future with these guys. They play a year and go. They need quality people which I'm hearing they are getting to run and coach the club they now need quality people first then then the player is secondary.
They need a connection to a Junior club is what they need, without it they are doomed.
Big $$$ doesnt get you good young 1 point players.

The top 3 equal on 48 points but I can’t see the order changing.

Mernda 188% with games against Lalor & Stars see them finish in 56 and a % boost

Laurimar 211% with a game against Reservoir will see them on 52 and %boost

Kinglake 191% with a game against west to finish will see them finish on 52

Interesting to see how these teams approach the final weeks in preparation for that first final.

Do star players get wrapped in cotton wool or do they risk injury in a final tune up against lower ranked opponents?
As stated on here, Its Laurimar's to lose.
i think you can put a line through the boys from the Mountain. Cant see them getting anywhere near Laurimar.

Hearing they are targeting Bundooras reserves and 19s players currently

How can you legally throw big $$$ around in Div 3 when the salary cap is $66,000? Getting a big source of income into a club is great, but it’s not the answer when you can’t legitimately use it to pay high priced recruits.
You’re implying all clubs care about the salary cap 😆.

Gunna be tough with player points issues. They played with 40/46 and need 22 new players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back