NMFC Bigfooty folklore

Remove this Banner Ad

The Zondor and the gang post is outstanding, and while I could never confirm or deny if Zondor is actually Onip, Artichoke or DevilFish - I need to tell you that Denny Crane was a pissy funny offshoot from hilly - and that knowwhatimean is hilly's handy work also - credit where it's due.

*stares blankly*

I know a few of these have been mentioned, but the stuff I've always enjoyed:

The addition/removal of s to denote shitness/greatness
That horrific Gav/Pendlebury thread which I refuse to open
Teffy's near footy team of alises (I think we managed to identify 15 in the end and almost fill a team?)
BFNAAK
The offseason madness: Towels/Obst/When's the Intraclub?/Steffi
Zondor 's mates at Geelong (Papa Smurf, Huggy Bear etc) and the baked potato
Duff in a sandtrap at Echuca/Duff at a buffet with Arden /Duff disappearing from radio
Rick Aylett's Time Will Tell
The Other Dean 's cracking relocate to India series
Aaron Edwards kicked 100 goals at West Coast is wonderful
Greenhead
Mainboard 11
win_news/prime_news/Perko/ Handsome.B.Wonderful /PDR/SHGTTGC/Take the word relocation out of your vocabulary
Soap the deciding factor
SLF blessing Jack Ziebell as Browny's heir apparent before we'd even picked Jack up
The AGM where Arceri's dad went to town on the club for not having a cafe at Arden St
Inner Scrotum
Anything BWOWNY.

Last edited:

Urmoe watching the first three quarters of one of our VFL practice matches at Princes Park then flying to Canberra to catch the second half of our NAB Challenge match. Something like that. Provided reports for both IIRC.
My first priority that day was getting hold of pr0n and fireworks but the footy was a bonus.

I seem to recall I made most of the NAB cup game, surprisingly. I think I left at half time of the first game.

Tough day, couldn't do it again.

Speaking of Urmore, I still recall the night he discovered Agwa. Don't think he's ever been the same since :(
Id like to think I am better for the experience.

The Zondor and the gang post is outstanding, and while I could never confirm or deny if Zondor is actually Onip, Artichoke or DevilFish - I need to tell you that Denny Crane was a pissy funny offshoot from hilly - and that knowwhatimean is hilly's handy work also - credit where it's due.

*stares blankly*

I know a few of these have been mentioned, but the stuff I've always enjoyed:

The addition/removal of s to denote shitness/greatness
That horrific Gav/Pendlebury thread which I refuse to open
Teffy's near footy team of alises (I think we managed to identify 15 in the end and almost fill a team?)
BFNAAK
The offseason madness: Towels/Obst/When's the Intraclub?/Steffi
Zondor 's mates at Geelong (Papa Smurf, Huggy Bear etc) and the baked potato
Duff in a sandtrap at Echuca/Duff at a buffet with Arden /Duff disappearing from radio
Rick Aylett's Time Will Tell
The Other Dean 's cracking relocate to India series
Aaron Edwards kicked 100 goals at West Coast is wonderful
Greenhead
Mainboard 11
win_news/prime_news/Perko/ Handsome.B.Wonderful /PDR/SHGTTGC/Take the word relocation out of your vocabulary
Soap the deciding factor
SLF blessing Jack Ziebell as Browny's heir apparent before we'd even picked Jack up
The AGM where Arceri's dad went to town on the club for not having a cafe at Arden St
Inner Scrotum
Anything BWOWNY.

Thanks to you, I've never looked the same at an adult waving a flag again

*stares blankly*

Thanks RoyalBlues.

Turn it up on the mods for banning Denny Crane.

Hilly

A couple of others come to mind;

CrazyQ raps for You.
Bradwiko
Liam Anthony Rising Star
miss_kate18 <3 Ed Lower

Ha ha. Bradwiko. Up there with Tickle Me Urmoe. Or The Fifth Lizard who still pokes around a bit.

The Other Dean, bit of click bait in this thread. Lead me to The Filth Minion in my mod announcement thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've actually been re-incarnated as marklovesbeer.

Did you guys know I moved to Melbourne? Can't wait to follow the boys full time....s**t, just spilled my Kilkenny.

I never credited you with this. Kudos.

I don't get this thread but if I'm on the right track, and I suspect that I am, I see no harm in me listing my 47 mates if required. 5 of them are Big Footy regulars who may want to remain synonomous, but the other 42 don't frequent BF, despite having broadband internet. I've got 2 mates who have NBN at their homes, and they tell me they can download all sorts of stuff on the brink of an eye. Even `dirty' stuff.

The Darky and Spidergirl/Rickchick ( aka Spidey)relationship,or was it simply " relations"? I mean the Heavy Metalurgist and the "footy chick" , I just didn't get it, but I sure hope Darky did!

I was just thinking today of departed posters who are or should be folklore, and thought of Spidergirl RicKsChICk (or whatever the combination of cases was). Hard for the young folks to believe we had a regular poster whose favourite player was Peter Everitt and who joined us because her other favourite player, Rick Olarenshaw, came to the club. Also Carlos, Shinboners, Daphne and - on another plane altogether to that celebrated group - Michelle. Happy days.

I'm still lurking, but i'm kind of redundant.

I exist to worship an absent hero, as it were.

It's kind of tragic really.

If Shakespeare was alive today, i reckon it's the sort of thing he'd be blogging about.

I never credited you with this. Kudos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back