Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hold nothing against any of the GH5 anymore. Only because their replacements have ultimately turned out better for our list so far. Got a laugh out of Billy's pointing.

Just imagining 30,000 at Subi next year all pointing at the scoreboard every time Billy gets a kick.

I know.

I have to save jackess's "but, but Melbourne win today" post until the game is over, just in case they don't.

I'd be happy for us to have a competitive game against Port. Getting withing 40 points would be a good effort.

I'd be happy for us to have a competitive game against Port. Getting withing 40 points would be a good effort.

Would have been nice to have got them when they hit the wall eh?

Melbourne probably would have liked some wins against very flaky teams like the Kangaroos, Bulldogs and Saints too.

#swingsandroundabouts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dom Tyson's form is a brilliant argument pro-academy. Why would Melbourne clubs need academies when they pick up guys like Tyson on the cheap?

And we also get that you don't rate Roos, but why the constant criticism of anyone that does rate him?

A very biased view Dylan IMO. This thread has always been home to a bit of a tribal and somewhat humorous discussion of other teams.

For some reason there is a bit of a unique (dare I say cliquish) diplomatic immunity and sacred cow factor applied to Roos here though by a few posters and those who don't rate Roos though seem to be on the receiving end.

This "criticism" you speak of is very much a two way street, though I am not unsurprised to see you see it as one sided and which side of the fence you have come down on. It's amusing though that the post you took umbrance to was a complete mirrored pisstake of such criticism. Then again, you've always been one to completely suck any semblance of fun out of the room. ;)

The even funnier thing is that the anti-Roos posts here actually started as a pushback to some serious premature overhype and sensationalism by the media. Some posters chose to take it personally.

Last edited:
Gee I'd be ropable if I were a Dees fan after that. Umpiring never an excuse for a loss, but that's about as close as it can get. Some appalling decisions and non decisions in the last quarter and a half.

I'm a bit worried about Port. I'd like to see them do well, just to show there is a place for genuinely attacking footy in the comp. But if they fall over, it might be enough for some coaches to revert to Ross/Roos footy on the basis that it is a surer way to winning games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back