Game Day North vs Essendon Elimination final [CONFIRMED - SATURDAY NIGHT 7:15PM @ MCG]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So smaller forward line? Would you guys play Chappy out of the square for parts?

Yeah I would imagine Goddard, Watson and Chappy will spend a lot of time up forward, we could also bring in Gleeson to play down back and have Winderlich play forward.

I would say if Bellchambers plays he will spend a fair bit of time in the ruck which will enable Ryder to go forward who will be a much harder match up.

Goldy has just beaten Minson and Jacobs - two of the premier rucks in the comp - TBC is a VFL ruckmen and would get slaughted. If he gets selected and lines up for the 1st centre bounce I will be very happy.

Goldy has just beaten Minson and Jacobs - two of the premier rucks in the comp - TBC is a VFL ruckmen and would get slaughted. If he gets selected and lines up for the 1st centre bounce I will be very happy.
Add in Mumford too.

Goldy is in excellent form and will be a problem for them.

Probably, I would expect Ryder to take the majority of the Centre bounces and Goldy will not be slaughtering him but in the end I guess it comes down to who wins it in the midfield anyway.

Can you please stop calling JD a giraffe on rollerskates Wild Bill

I prefer Bambi. He looks like a gangly baby deer that hasn't grown into its frame yet.

If Mullet was in 2013 form I would have him play on Chapman and drag him forward...Mullet has the potential to be offensive as much as defensive. ..well used to. ..the more Chapman is up on the wing away from goal the better.
I expect Spud to get first go at Chappy but I wouldn't be surprised if LMac got the gig either. He played on him a fair bit in Round 1 and got shown up a bit (not unexpected for a first gamer) but he is much improved since then plus could go with him in the middle

If Mullet was in 2013 form I would have him play on Chapman and drag him forward...Mullet has the potential to be offensive as much as defensive. ..well used to. ..the more Chapman is up on the wing away from goal the better.

I am not so sure about that, Chappy has been playing a lot higher in recent weeks and getting a fair bit of the ball and using it really well, I think he has lost a bit of his zip to play in the forward line as a small forward so has been more affective up the ground.

Can you please stop calling JD a giraffe on rollerskates Wild Bill

I prefer Bambi. He looks like a gangly baby deer that hasn't grown into its frame yet.
No way. Giraffe on rollerskates is the best description I've seen for that kid. He even looks like a giraffe (more like a horse actually but close enough)

The question for me is whether we can counter the game plan they used against us in Rd 1 which, arguably, was not dissimilar to what Carlton did to us not long ago either. Have we really learned to shut down the uncontested game style with hard running, short kicks and marks? I'm not sure. That is what makes me nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ayrton Woolley ‏@AyrtonWoolley 10m
JAKE CARLISLE: hamstring not as bad as first feared - confident he'll be fit for first week of finals. @9NewsAUS at 11.45.
Haha yeah sure, it's so common for someone to miss one week with a hamstring injury. o_O

If he plays, Thompson should play on him and run off him at every opportunity. He is a great rebounding defender when allowed to do so and we'll see how long that hammy lasts if *carlisle tries to chase him

He actually he looks like a chernobyl victim.

Big wraps on him in under 18's - what a shame for essendon that he cant kick.
And there aint no drugs for that! Just ask Buddy

I hope he plays - he was putruid on the weekend and his back is stuffed. Will be lucky to get through a quarter without breaking down.

Didn't play all that well but I'll take 2 goals from a putrid game any day, doesn't have to improve that much to kick 4 or 5.

He actually he looks like a chernobyl victim.

Big wraps on him in under 18's - what a shame for essendon that he cant kick.

I think he is going along nicely for a second year player, pretty much mirrors what your second forward is doing and he is in his 4th season, I know who I would want moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back