NSW State Election (28/03/2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Justified or not it's probably best for the ALP. He'd made little to no inroads electorally and obviously didn't have much appeal.

While the ALP would hardly be expecting a win they'd at least want to be in the ballpark so that they're a chance in 2019 and they weren't going to be under Robertson.

Because he is a rare breed of politician - Integrity, unlike some others. See post #48
So O'Farrell had integrity too?

Im sure if Labor was in with a chance of winning the upcoming State election and he was doing a good job, Robertson wouldn't have been so hasty to quit his position.

So O'Farrell had integrity too?

Im sure if Labor was in with a chance of winning the upcoming State election and he was doing a good job, Robertson wouldn't have been so hasty to quit his position.
Being a huge fan of red wine, I am sure I wouldn't have forgotten a Grange and the note I wrote but yes he too did have integrity.

Newspoll - Nov-Dec 2014 NSW State Polling:
Primary vote
Coalition: 44 (+2)
Labor: 33 (-)
Greens: 11 (-2)

TPP
Coalition: 56 (+1)
Labor: 44 (-1)

Popularity (satisfied)-(dissatisfied)
Baird: 60-20, (+4)-(-)
Robertson: 31-38 (-4)-(+8)

Preferred Premier
Baird: 56 (+4)
Robertson: 17 (-)

Labor have hardly cast off a popular leader.

Baird's net approval rating is the highest of a state premier since (of what I could find), Anna Bligh in early '08.

:rolleyes: You would never vote for him.
Okay, if that's what you think. My politics are not set in concrete if I think it is for the better of the majority of the people, especially, the lower income. Unlike some people.:rolleyes:

Okay, if that's what you think. My politics are not set in concrete if I think it is for the better of the majority of the people, especially, the lower income. Unlike some people.:rolleyes:
So you are saying you would only vote Labor or The Greens because they believe in stealing from the Middle class and the higher income earners to give to the low income earners. The Coalition believe this too. They just don't agree on the amount that needs to be stolen.
By the way, I voted for Labor (Peter Beattie) twice. Also, there is a big difference between what you and your posse class as rich and high income earners. Someone on $200k/yr is not rich.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are saying you would only vote Labor or The Greens because they believe in stealing from the Middle class and the higher income earners to give to the low income earners. The Coalition believe this too. They just don't agree on the amount that needs to be stolen.
By the way, I voted for Labor (Peter Beattie) twice. Also, there is a big difference between what you and your posse class as rich and high income earners. Someone on $200k/yr is not rich.
Wow, you got all that from my response? What a vivid imagination you have.

More attention needs to be paid to how utterly terrible WestConnex is going to be for Sydney. It depresses me that someone's basically going to an election promising to * up Sydney, and nobody seems to notice and will vote them in again to do it.

Justified or not it's probably best for the ALP. He'd made little to no inroads electorally and obviously didn't have much appeal.

While the ALP would hardly be expecting a win they'd at least want to be in the ballpark so that they're a chance in 2019 and they weren't going to be under Robertson.

Yep. Looks like Luke Foley will get the gig as ALP leader. They won't win under him but he'll be a much better opposition leader for the next four years than Robertson was for the last four.

Saw some NSW polling numbers over the break, the so called talk of a boost to Labor so they are in a position to challenge they are looking at ending up with about 30-32 seats, the Libs openly admit they've got no hope of keeping a number seats they won last election. It'd still leave them with a massive task of even getting near the Libs in 2019.
My interest is going to be in the Upper house vote and the seats of Marrickville and Balmain to see how the Greens go in them.

Participated in a galaxy phone poll last night - first question was if I could name the NSW opposition leader. Probably so the Daily Terrorgraph can run a 'Luke who?' front page.

More attention needs to be paid to how utterly terrible WestConnex is going to be for Sydney. It depresses me that someone's basically going to an election promising to **** up Sydney, and nobody seems to notice and will vote them in again to do it.

what? are you seriously suggesting people continue to use parramatta road? its barely a ******* road at this point.
how the hell can the west connex make it any worse? explain how it will be terrible? the M4 should have been built all the way to the anzac bridge to begin with.

when did you last drive down the M4? in peak hour on a school day? there's only 2 problems with the M4 one is the turn off near parramatta at the old tolls where it needs extra lanes and the off ramp start some 2-300 metres back with a divider to stop idiots trying to push in and * everything out bound and two it needs to get rid of ******* god damn parramatta ******* road!

or to put it another way:

Foley has already been to the hunter and central coast ,catching the train receiving media coverage and being welcomed by the protesters ,since icac and the railline closure mike and gladys have been totally absent obviously they dont want to meet any protesters or any hunter voters ,im sure that save our rail will be stalking all the hunter libs come election time

what? are you seriously suggesting people continue to use parramatta road? its barely a ******* road at this point.
how the hell can the west connex make it any worse? explain how it will be terrible? the M4 should have been built all the way to the anzac bridge to begin with.

when did you last drive down the M4? in peak hour on a school day? there's only 2 problems with the M4 one is the turn off near parramatta at the old tolls where it needs extra lanes and the off ramp start some 2-300 metres back with a divider to stop idiots trying to push in and **** everything out bound and two it needs to get rid of ******* god damn parramatta ******* road!

It's a s**t road, no doubt. I've lived in western Sydney near my whole life, I'm well aware of how s**t it is. But what WestConnex is going to do is firstly put on a toll for what's currently a free road, and also just move the traffic issues to elsewhere (such as the Anzac Bridge, or the soon-to-be cluster* of Newtown/St Peters).

The experience of almost all cities the world over is more roads = more cars. If we want to start fixing the roads in Sydney, we should actually get ourselves a train network people will want to catch instead of one that's been barely upgraded (and indeed been cut back from) in the last century.

It's a s**t road, no doubt. I've lived in western Sydney near my whole life, I'm well aware of how s**t it is. But what WestConnex is going to do is firstly put on a toll for what's currently a free road, and also just move the traffic issues to elsewhere (such as the Anzac Bridge, or the soon-to-be cluster**** of Newtown/St Peters).

The experience of almost all cities the world over is more roads = more cars. If we want to start fixing the roads in Sydney, we should actually get ourselves a train network people will want to catch instead of one that's been barely upgraded (and indeed been cut back from) in the last century.
So your solution is to build something that the figures show is not needed, with a hope that it solves another problem that history says it wont. Excellent :thumbsu:
Sounds like one of those lovely green policies that involves throwing shitloads of money at something with no objective other than conforming to their own utopian vision. How about they catch a magnetic train from Blacktown to Stanmore then ride their cycles up and down hill thru dangerous thin roads in the rain so they can purchase a new light for the bike that is $5 cheaper than in Blacktown. Everyone wins dont they...especially the unemployed who have the time to do it....and the economy which thrives upon that kind of efficiency. How are you going to get people from this new fantasy train line and its stations to where they actually want to get ?

The only way decisions on infrastructure get made is by ignoring those who live in utter fantasyland.

Just look at that ridiculous failed career pollie Albanese...the guy with Kingsford Smith in his electorate who argued and argued to hold onto his own electorate, then even when he became infrastructure minister he still couldnt muster the balls to make or force a simple bloody decision on Badgery's Creek. Useless flaccid career pollies are dime a dozen and reinforce the notion to just forge ahead with well researched and beneficial infrastructure projects despite the inevitable whinging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back