Analysis Open Training Discussion 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Surfing mishap for Jones puts him on light duties for a week.

A SURFING mishap has delayed Melbourne skipper Nathan Jones' start to 2015.

Melbourne players returned to the club on Monday for their first training session of the year, with Jones a notable absentee.

The club confirmed to AFL.com.au the 26-year-old sustained a cut to his heel while surfing at the weekend.

As a result Jones will be on lighter duties this week.

Jonesy the off season is no time for you to have a life mate.

I wonder how many dees supporters would sign off on a guaranteed 2025 premiership

10 years isn't so bad in comparison to 61 and counting especially in an 18 team competition
I would abso-effing-lutely sign off on that deal. there'd presumably be a few more years of being rubbish-ordinary, then a couple of years of being ordinary-mediocre, then a year or two of being mediocre-half decent, then a year of being half-decent to passable, then a couple of years of being passable-worthy, then Robert's your father's bro.

I wouldn't, where's the fun in knowing with absolute certainty that your team is going to win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 5 finish for JKH gives me good feels.
What i liked seeing from JKH and even Salem. As young guys, the umpires gave them, (or didnt), some shitty decisions. They said nothing to the umpire, just got on with the task of manning the mark. 19yo's acting like true proffesionals.

Hate to focus on the negatives but Bail and Mckenzie in the top three still is a bit disappointing.

Excellent to see JKH right up there though!

Why? It's just a time trial, Bail was an endurance runner so it's no surprise he's up there and Jordie spends every game chasing the hardest running midfielder every game so he's got to be one of the fittest.

They're both s**t at football so a time trial won't save them.

Why? It's just a time trial, Bail was an endurance runner so it's no surprise he's up there and Jordie spends every game chasing the hardest running midfielder every game so he's got to be one of the fittest.

They're both s**t at football so a time trial won't save them.
Yeah I agree. My point is that it'd be great if some of our better footballers were also our better runners!

B68zNR2CEAA1TDQ.jpg:medium

Just looking at this picture makes me uneasy. Is there a way Jesse can train without putting any stress on any part of his body :p

Was a real meh session, I'm not gonna lie. It almost generally is when the boys are pushing until 1:30 on Mondays so Wednesday's are lighter. Good to see the Captain going around. :thumbsu:

Getting to training at a reasonable time is now considered a challenge to me. For one, Melbourne keep changing the time they actually go out to up to half an hour AFTER they are SCHEDULED to come out (at 9:15), which makes me ponder what train I should reasonably expect to catch, public transport plans and the like. This particular morning, my target is the 8:19 Flinders Street from South Morang, a task made more difficult by the fact I get up at 7:30 and reasonably expect to take 20 minutes to get ready.
So with that, I decide to take the bike - with pretty suspect psi levels on my tyres. I make it with a few minutes to spare. Yisssssss.
Okey. Get there, boys get there soon after. It's a nice life. They're out a bit early today - "early" being 9:30 this time round.
As it is, walk around the track as always. Well, most of them. Few hanging around not doing much, few handballs here and there and as well as that you have a few chatting to Trenners who's still on the scooter. Wouldn't mind seeing Trenners play on the scooter actually, it'd be fun to watch him scoot by a number of blokes. Hard balls would be an issue, kicking probably would be as well.
Rehab group is rather large today which is concerning however one positive is Gawn is out of it. Who's in... Watts, Terlich, Riley, Trengove, Stretch, McKenzie, Kent.
Billy Stretches to start. I imagine like last Wednesday this will be rather light, but we'll find out ay.
Throughout the session there is a MASSIVELY annoying fly circling me. Like c'mon y u do dis. Pretty fly for a white guy? Hope not.
Short 15m kicks, you know, the usual.
Bit of a different variant or a well known drill, lot of fast movement in this one, kick inside 50 and goal then a switch in play. At random points they'll full sprint the edge of the square and back and then continue with the drill.
What we have now is this variant switch drill thing which is progressing rather slowly. I'm confused. On the sideline Salem and Viney are having shots at goal on the boundary.
Boys go for a short sprint, in the meantime Hogan and King are buggering off. More contact work now, bit of ball skills in terms of picking it up under pressure.
A bit of a variant on the switch drill before but there's a contest on the wing involving Roos - yep Roos - and the old bloke still has it (kinda), almost beating Garland in a contest. Skills are pretty ordinary actually.
Goalkicking drill, kick down the line, switch, run in, kick the goal from 25.
Okay there's this drill now where you have a bloke with the footy and another pressuring him. Jonesy is screaming like a caveman but that's the extent of the voices basically.
Most of the boys finish up, though Lumumba and Harmes are still out there pushing hard.

I don't get to write too much, but love to read about training. I live interstate and your reports are sensational. Hurry up back from where ever you are and get down to training and provide all the interstate guys with an update. Cheers and keep up the good work.

I don't get to write too much, but love to read about training. I live interstate and your reports are sensational. Hurry up back from where ever you are and get down to training and provide all the interstate guys with an update. Cheers and keep up the good work.

I think the club is actually on a training camp in Queensland this week.

The draftees aren't there though - they are going through the AFL induction week thingy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back