Training Pre-Season Training, News & Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

in the opening of the video Motlop doesn't look "as" overweight, certainly not Derek Kickett like.

Smedts does look much more the man than the boy, might be a break out year?

The tackling session looked like they were working on pinning one arm of the person with the ball, like it.

Anyone else think Mitch Clark in the video looked to be running 'heavy'? Not sure how else to describe it, but he certainly wasn't floating across the ground, seemed to be labouring a lot. Is that a conditioning thing or a mechanical (running style) issue?

Also think Mots looks more barrel chested than fat. In the second photo you can see him clearly in (with the big blokes), his cheek/jaw looks more defined (than the first photo), torso looks a little slimmer and the condition of his arms and legs looks pretty good. Not stoked that he's running behind Tommy, but if it's a beep test, it's all good.

Anyone else think Mitch Clark in the video looked to be running 'heavy'? Not sure how else to describe it, but he certainly wasn't floating across the ground, seemed to be labouring a lot. Is that a conditioning thing or a mechanical (running style) issue?

Also think Mots looks more barrel chested than fat. In the second photo you can see him clearly in (with the big blokes), his cheek/jaw looks more defined (than the first photo), torso looks a little slimmer and the condition of his arms and legs looks pretty good. Not stoked that he's running behind Tommy, but if it's a beep test, it's all good.

I don't think Clark glides across the ground with his running action. He does look like he labours a little.

If Motlop is behind Tommy in the beep test then he's got the job ahead of him.

I'm really concerned about Zac Smith, his forehead is getting dangerously close to Gary Ayres levels of smallness.

View attachment 195210
Did LOL.

If he starts talking about enjoying training with the Bartels, the Taylors, the Mackies, etc., I will really worry.

When do we get the first official Dangerfield in full cats kit photos? I thought someone said he'd be training with the boys today?

Whatcha on about ? :p
Training23116.jpg

I wonder if he's a "hard gainer" so they've just "bulk at all costs" and we'll sort out the rest later?

Lookin' at Motts, all I can hear is Joe Camilleri wailing.."Oh baby you, got me in the shape I'm in."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what do you expect though, he missed months because of foot and leg issues at Melbourne and when he arrived at Geelong, he missed months again because of a lower leg injury so is it a coincidence he looks like he's not 100%?
Well, that was sort of my question Bobby. Is it purely a conditioning issue or does he have technique issues? I'm only a little bloke, not that fit anymore and have had my share of leg injuries, but I know I look a hell of a lot more comfortable on the track than he did.

Queenscliff also has three players training with the Bankers in Brock Thompson, Che Durran

I wonder if Durran is any relation to Ian Durran of St.Albans F.C (GFL) and Geelong West (VFA) fame.
He was rated in the 50 best GFL players of all time at # 27.

And young James Tsitas he would have to be the son of Jimmy Tsitas the local boxer?
I remember that he had a kid named James who was only around 6-9 y.o. (I am not that good on kids ages) back when I used to go to his gym around 2002.

And it is good to see Jack Hollmer back again. To look at him he looks more like a bloke that should be riding a surf board than kicking a footy but he has played some ripper games at VFL level. He is also one VFL only player that I actually really enjoy watching. Skinny frame and does not look like a footballer. But plays the game quite well.

Last edited:
I think Blicavs said in his press conference yesterday that he wouldn't be meeting Patty until next week. I assume, from that, that he won't be training until next week

He said Danger and Taylor would be back training next week. I guess the guys in the IR get an extra week off.

Horlin-Smith has been featuring heavily this summer in various pictures and videos. In great nic too.
I think he may be set to finally get first dibs in our starting midfield. Something tells me Scooter won't feature much at all in his first season at the Cats :(

That picture impresses me..any bulge showing on him ? Don't think so. He may not get there...but it will not be thru lack of effort and dedication.

I am hoping that Motlop's pic is just bad timing, mid-exhale. Reminds me of this one of Hackett a few years ago:
300granthackett.jpg

But SM face looks quite heavy... just hope thats something that can be sorted...to talented to be hindered by this type of issue....but unfortunately , if history is a guide , plenty have had that handicap

Saw cockatoo and cunico down at the driving rage. Cunico has put on a little bit, but cockatoo is a great size for a 19 year old. Bubble young fella too.

What size are we talking about? Frame or has he put some muscle on?
Both, solid build and looks to have added to it since I last saw him close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back