Preview R4: Changes vs Richmond - IN: Michie OUT: Frost

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last time i missed a match, oblivious to what was going on until the last quarter like i will be tomorrow... it was that essendon 2013

Cant believe the media types. Just saw all four panelists on league teams pick richmond without even thinking.
I can understand the odds, because bookmakers use a model developed over a number of seasons.
We are a massive chance, i think that rather than flatten us, the run in the wet against the crows, will battle harden us. Ive been dissapointed before, but were winning this one!

I just hope (I know it won't happen) that umpires actually call Dustin Martin for his "Don't argues", every single time it's just a push directly into the face of his opponent.

People rave about how it's "the best in the business" but if it's umpired correctly it's a free against him every single time.

Ummm, nah you haven't watched him closely. The vast majorities of his 'don't argues' are right to the sternum....

Just occurred to me, and brought a tear to the eye, that last time we won on a Friday night we knocked off top of the ladder Essendon and Dean Bailey got so excited he started punching the roof of the bench :(
* me, I honestly reckon that was Neeld. Guess I'm mistaken as nobody else has mentioned it?

Should be a good (by good I mean scrappy but relatively close!) game this one. Good guys have a remarkable ability to make our kicking for goal terrible when we play you. Some might be poor skills but I would have to think a fair bit must be due to where you 'allow' us to have our shots on goal from. Hopefully for me, this doesn't happen this week but you guys are definitely on the improve.... and we are capable of losing to anyone we 'should' beat.

**** me, I honestly reckon that was Neeld. Guess I'm mistaken as nobody else has mentioned it?
I think he has merged two memories into one. We did beat Essendon when they were top of the ladder, but that was in 2012 (under Neeld). The game he was referring to was in 2011, and yes, I vividly remember Bail's punching the roof. Great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instant midfield, just add water:
- Tyson
- Cross
- Vince
- Michie
- Newton
- Vandenberg
- Lamumba

We also had no short forwards, hello JKH and Jeffy.

We had no-one in the backline who could use the ball properly, enter Christian Salem!

Thank you AFL for Paul Roos. Every day, thank you.
Great synopsis, pretty eye opening isn't it?

Should be a good (by good I mean scrappy but relatively close!) game this one. Good guys have a remarkable ability to make our kicking for goal terrible when we play you. Some might be poor skills but I would have to think a fair bit must be due to where you 'allow' us to have our shots on goal from. Hopefully for me, this doesn't happen this week but you guys are definitely on the improve.... and we are capable of losing to anyone we 'should' beat.

I think the game will come down to whether Melbourne come to play early on. If our contested work is like it was against the GC and the Crows, I think we will just about win. If we don't, Richmond should win comfortably.

Watching the last quarter from the corresponding game last year, we smashed them in the clearances (Mainly because they had no ruckman) but Viney was also really important. Need Michie and Brayshaw to fill the void somewhat, and Jones/Tyson to hit some form. Pretty sure we'll let Bernie off the leash this week.

Someone gets it. Rather than say we kicked more behinds, we should have won. Our defence did not allow kicks to be taken 30 out dead in front. We managed to get you and the bombers last year with that tactic.
Were a way way better side going into tommorow

Well lads just had a peek at the fixture (I know, I know) and I hate to use the cliche(!) but tomorrow is a must win. If we don't get up against the Tiges we could be looking at a 1-7 start, with games against Freo (albeit at the G, where the Dockers are garbage), Sydney and Hawthorn in the next three rounds.

Having said that, I have that odd feeling of optimism usually reserved for draft day.

vdB is good for 10 touches a quarter when he's got the energy, I'd suggest he's going to be the sub to really make an impact on the match.
Yeah this is what I'm thinking. He's had some big quarters in three games, but gone missing in a few quarters too. Not only that, but he's a good size to adequately replace just about anybody if it's a forced sub due to injury.

Someone gets it. Rather than say we kicked more behinds, we should have won. Our defence did not allow kicks to be taken 30 out dead in front. We managed to get you and the bombers last year with that tactic.
Were a way way better side going into tommorow

Than last year or than Richmond? I'd say we are travelling better than we were last year and we still aren't travelling well.... I'd take our side this year over the side we put out last year although I'd love Lids back in obviously.... I hope the weather doesn't make it a slip and slide.... a good hard contest would be fine!

I just hope (I know it won't happen) that umpires actually call Dustin Martin for his "Don't argues", every single time it's just a push directly into the face of his opponent.

People rave about how it's "the best in the business" but if it's umpired correctly it's a free against him every single time.
Yeah it's really not. Strange thing to get riled up and exaggerate about. He is good at it and I'd bet he probably only does it illegally 1/5 times.

Well lads just had a peek at the fixture (I know, I know) and I hate to use the cliche(!) but tomorrow is a must win. If we don't get up against the Tiges we could be looking at a 1-7 start, with games against Freo (albeit at the G, where the Dockers are garbage), Sydney and Hawthorn in the next three rounds.

Having said that, I have that odd feeling of optimism usually reserved for draft day.

I'm shitting my pants. I can't remember a big game like this being actually winnable. I have even tipped us :l .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back