Preview R4: Changes vs Richmond - IN: Michie OUT: Frost

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Than last year or than Richmond? I'd say we are travelling better than we were last year and we still aren't travelling well.... I'd take our side this year over the side we put out last year although I'd love Lids back in obviously.... I hope the weather doesn't make it a slip and slide.... a good hard contest would be fine!
Nah sorry, i knew it sounded snide after i read it back after posting. Im saying melbourne are a better side than when we played you guys last, and i will find out how good your mob are tommorrow

Yeah it's really not. Strange thing to get riled up and exaggerate about. He is good at it and I'd bet he probably only does it illegally 1/5 times.

I see it constantly, hence why I brought it up.

Rito... you win. The league has just instructed umps not to pay it because it's exciting :rolleyes:

Nah that's tomorrow night.

You lot are a big shot tomorrow night. Dimma has a deplorable record when his side is younger and/or less experienced than its opponent.

Cant believe the media types. Just saw all four panelists on league teams pick richmond without even thinking.
I can understand the odds, because bookmakers use a model developed over a number of seasons.
We are a massive chance, i think that rather than flatten us, the run in the wet against the crows, will battle harden us. Ive been dissapointed before, but were winning this one!
Pretty typical Melbourne game preview:

- Surprise about how they didn't get thrashed last week
- Hogan looks good
- McDonald might actually be a decent defender (12 months late but they're finally catching on)
- A few jokes at the club's expense
- Everyone laughs, and tips the other team.

Big game before we face the top four from last year. 2-2 sounds pretty nice. Get it done boys.

- Hogan looks good
- McDonald might actually be a decent defender (12 months late but they're finally catching on)

Big game before we face the top four from last year. 2-2 sounds pretty nice. Get it done boys.

If we get up. None of them own up to their shitty predictions after the fact.

Yeah this is what I'm thinking. He's had some big quarters in three games, but gone missing in a few quarters too. Not only that, but he's a good size to adequately replace just about anybody if it's a forced sub due to injury.

I think JKH will be the candidate. Also goes missing, and want big bodies in the wet so I think vandenBerg will start.

Apparently premium members can sit in bay M36? Looks like an ordinary spot, as far as Level 1 goes anyway.
It looks like it's next to the players race though, maybe that's the thinking.

I'll just scan in with my Melbourne card and go sit in the AFL Members.

I know the feeling, I get like that if there's a match where I could of gone but decided to swatch it on TV, Melbourne start losing and it's like karma punishing me for not going.
Latest I've gotten to a game was about 10 years ago at quarter time (train caught fire, wasn't by choice). Essendon were 8 or 9 goals up. I arrive and they absolutely stopped. To the point West Coast were in front by three quarter time. I was wondering if maybe I should leave...

- Hogan looks good

I was serious about that feeling in my loins.

I've tipped us to win.

First time I've tipped us as underdog in probably 4 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've tipped us to win.

I've put on a sig/av bet with a Tigger...

A evens sneakier chance now with the tigers out. One thing i've enjoyed this year is we have started games well something that has been non-existent 7 years, even Garry Lyon mentioned we've been infront for 65% game time this year. The main goals i wanted to see us achieve this year. 1. Be more attacking 2) be in games for longer/just going to a game knowing we can win. Tonight is a prime example.

Latest I've gotten to a game was about 10 years ago at quarter time (train caught fire, wasn't by choice). Essendon were 8 or 9 goals up. I arrive and they absolutely stopped. To the point West Coast were in front by three quarter time. I was wondering if maybe I should leave...
I did that 2 years ago against west coast - got there halfway through 2nd quarter and the dees were a couple of goals up. ended up losing by 94
I'd also sat through Melbourne being 148'd by Essendon the week before. Good times

Was that at the Telstra Dome in about 2006? I was at that game with a school friend. Bizarre.

I did that 2 years ago against west coast - got there halfway through 2nd quarter and the dees were a couple of goals up. ended up losing by 94
I'd also sat through Melbourne being 148'd by Essendon the week before. Good times

Wow I did EXACTLY the same thing. But when West coast beat us by 96 I think we still beat the line on that game so it wasn't too bad - a technical victory as I like to say

Well lads just had a peek at the fixture (I know, I know) and I hate to use the cliche(!) but tomorrow is a must win. If we don't get up against the Tiges we could be looking at a 1-7 start, with games against Freo (albeit at the G, where the Dockers are garbage), Sydney and Hawthorn in the next three rounds.

Having said that, I have that odd feeling of optimism usually reserved for draft day.
I know we all hate Essendon. And I know they have a better team than ours. But I really hope we can take a leaf out of their book and actually RELISH the challenge of playing the top sides.

I've tipped us to win.

Dangerous. I think I've only tipped us twice in the past 5 years. Both times I was right. It was first time we played the new franchises. Can't bring myself to do it for fear of feeling MSDS levels of guilt if (when) we lose.

I do think if we play at our best and the tigers are even slightly off, we should be right in it, just like last week. I expect the same blitzkrieg in the first quarter, but this time we need to actually take our chances. Tigers have a couple of important defensive outs in Chaplin and Newman. Some experience lost there. No Lids (not that it hurt them last week) as well. All depends on which Melbourne turns up in the 4 qtrs. We have a bad quarter, Richmond can easily pile on the goals pretty quickly - game over.

I've tipped us to win.

I've tipped us too, last time i did that was round 2 after round 1. Not confident, but i think this game will go down to the wire which some people just think richmond are going to run over the top of us. Richmond love to run but if we work well defensively and bring the pressure and tackling then we will go along way towards winning. i'm interested to see where bernie goes because i think jones will go to cotchin again and play on each other

I'm confident we can win. Not only that, I've convinced myself that we should win. Last time I did that was against the Giants. Gotta be right sometime?

A evens sneakier chance now with the tigers out. One thing i've enjoyed this year is we have started games well something that has been non-existent 7 years, even Garry Lyon mentioned we've been infront for 65% game time this year. The main goals i wanted to see us achieve this year. 1. Be more attacking 2) be in games for longer/just going to a game knowing we can win. Tonight is a prime example.

It's so much better to start well and die than kick goals in junk time

We Have already proven out best could match it with atleast bottom 8 finals teams, we just can't keep it up yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back