Game Day Rd 3: Crows v Demons @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

GROTTO and AFC979810 both liked this post, this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
6a00d83453a62f69e2016306582522970d-500wi

Completely beaten? Exaggerating much? They both finished with pretty much exact stats, the difference being one was is the better player who was pummelled.

Completely beaten. Danger had zero influence on the game. Neither did Vince, but that was the idea. No shame in being beaten - Danger was fantastic in weeks 1 & 2. He was smashed by Vince today.

Completely beaten. Danger had zero influence on the game. Neither did Vince, but that was the idea. No shame in being beaten - Danger was fantastic in weeks 1 & 2. He was smashed by Vince today.
Thats not true, off hand he had a hand in a goal in last qtr hand balled whilst being tackled over to lynch who got it onto betts i think it was who kicked the goal. Everyone went to lynch but it was dangers tough effort that contributed. He was far from poor today.

Danger just kept getting smashed but kept putting himself in the contest, he's a ball player and that makes him weak?

Have never said he was weak. Have said it a million times but you always hear what you want to hear.

Danger attacks the ball harder than anyone in the league. His toughness in this regard is unquestioned. Danger is also good at looking after team mates. He doesn't lack toughness in this regard either.

What I have noticed is that he doesn't stick up for himself. He was manhandled by Vince today. He did nothing about it.

Thats not true, off hand he had a hand in a goal in last qtr hand balled whilst being tackled over to lynch who got it onto betts i think it was who kicked the goal. Everyone went to lynch but it was dangers tough effort that contributed. He was far from poor today.

We would have won today with or without Dangers contribution.

Yep and we probably would have won without dmacs contribution as well, so whats your point?

How dare you.

In all seriousness I think Danger was disappointing today. Had a poor game by his lofty standards. I think he can work harder to beat the tag. I think most neutral footy observers would say the exact same thing. Some diehard Crows fans just can't accept any criticism of him.

The first 20 minutes was like a repeat of last year. It's ugly but I'm very glad we managed to scrap it out and win by 4 goals. And 100+ tackles is phenomenal. Great effort.

How dare you.

In all seriousness I think Danger was disappointing today. Had a poor game by his lofty standards. I think he can work harder to beat the tag. I think most neutral footy observers would say the exact same thing. Some diehard Crows fans just can't accept any criticism of him.
If you go back through some of my posts (which i know you love to do) you'll see i have criticised him before for trying to jump over a tackling player to handball and opening him self up. So sure he has flaws and i have no problems with people pointing them out, but i would also like to see team mates stand up for other team mates. Not doing ridiculous stuff, but making their presence felt.

Who would get the Brownlow votes today do people think? I've got no idea. I reckon McKay would be good for a vote. Would Vince or McDonald get rewarded for their jobs? Prob not in the midfielders medal?

If McKay gets a vote, it will be his first Brownlow votes ever. If he gets votes sign him up for another 4 years on top of his current 4 year deal.

So they both had the same output and he's completely beaten? Because he's the better player? Ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to the game with my Melbourne supporting mate again. Hopefully he is still celebrating last years victory and not focused on todays game. That game was like winning a grand final for him.

This wont be groundhog day. It won't happen again. We have Phil Walsh not Phil Connors! Sloane will dominate so much I have made him my DT captain. Crows by 26pts.

Everyone wearing their coloured caps again or reverting back to their old favourites?

Not far off!

Who would get the Brownlow votes today do people think? I've got no idea. I reckon McKay would be good for a vote. Would Vince or McDonald get rewarded for their jobs? Prob not in the midfielders medal?
Douglas was best on today 3 votes

Thought ellis yolemans game today was pretty bloody good. He still has lack of confidence moments where he should just break the line and back himself in for a huge goal or just boot it to the goalsquare, but all in all he fed the ball out of congestions, broke away from packs and kicked 2 of the best goals youll see. A very valuable player in our line up. Good to see phil is backing him in this season.

PW's presser was very interesting. Probably not surprising all the journos wanted to ask about what the attention Danger received and Walsh was having none of it. Said that's not tough football, we stayed focused on the goal rather than trying to block for Paddy etc. He had huge praise for DMac and actually told the playing group to play like him. DMac doing a lot off the ball obviously. zHe did have some crucial tackles that led to holding the ball decisions and kicked a great running goal so well done to DMac. Phil is an old school coach and his just get on with it approach is a good thing for the club. Said we were tough today so well done to the boys. I think people at home and especially those who haven't played the game wouldn't have any idea how physical it would've been for the players out there and how tough the conditions were. It was a good win.

Just one of those games today where we just had to win. As ugly as it was for periods of the game. Its a win and 4 points. To his credit mackay played his best game in years. His mark going back with the flight, 11 tackles and running goal were highlights. This is what frustrates us, we know hes good enough its just it only happens twice a season. He made a few really bad kicking errors in the first half when i said he was having a mare.. But came good in the second half, well done. I hope he can actually back it up next week against the bulldogs and not make this a once off because the team needs him to play like this if we are to be a contender. I personally think if he had another quiet game he wouldve been dropped i think walsh put the heat on him and told him it was his last chance.

Just one of those games today where we just had to win. As ugly as it was for periods of the game. Its a win and 4 points. To his credit mackay played his best game in years. His mark going back with the flight, 11 tackles and running goal were highlights. This is what frustrates us, we know hes good enough its just it only happens twice a season. He made a few really bad kicking errors in the first half when i said he was having a mare.. But came good in the second half, well done. I hope he can actually back it up next week against the bulldogs and not make this a once off because the team needs him to play like this if we are to be a contender. I personally think if he had another quiet game he wouldve been dropped i think walsh put the heat on him and told him it was his last chance.

13 tackles. And Walsh said he was happy with his game last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back