Preview Rd 8 - Essendon v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There it is...The Brisbane Lions have done it! The Hawks, the Bombers and the Crows*, they couldn't do it in 2015, but the Lions have gone back to back to back!

*Crows may have gotten 3 in a row.
Round 2 and 3?

Stanton is another one that we will predictably pay no attention to and will rack up big numbers. I'm hoping we can break even in the contested footy and limit their ball movement similar to how we did against Port.
I thought Gray was going to be the main risk against Port, (he and Wingard) but he had no support, so it worked out ok. There is always that player who is the thorn in the side. Whether it be a spud like Magner, or what's his face from footscray, (retired now... what's his name, bald fellow). Or Milne. Got to get onto them straight away.

I thought Gray was going to be the main risk against Port, (he and Wingard) but he had no support, so it worked out ok. There is always that player who is the thorn in the side. Whether it be a spud like Magner, or what's his face from footscray, (retired now... what's his name, bald fellow). Or Milne. Got to get onto them straight away.

Eagleton. I can't believe how good he used to be against us. I wonder if he ever played a match against us where he didn't get 3 Brownlow votes?

He who must not be named…(Nathan ****ing Eagleton):p That spud tore us apart consistently:mad:

Edit: pulpdriver beat me to the chase:D

Level 3 - aisle 24/25 is the dedicated Lions only section for this game :thumbsu:

It's directly above the Lions' cheersquad :footy:

Seating has just been updated to bays 25/26 - rows g to x for Lions members and guests.
Looking forward to seeing the game....hopefully fellow Lions come along and we can make some noise. Always safety in numbers at Essendon games!!!

He who must not be named…(Nathan ****ing Eagleton):p That spud tore us apart consistently:mad:

Edit: pulpdriver beat me to the chase:D

Ah yes......Eagleton

Regularly stank up the place big time until he played against us .

Frequently drilled running goals from 60 out and often on stupid angles.

Basket!!!:mad:

If we're down at 3/4 time, i think we should fly down brion the lion first class, pause the game for 2 hours and have brion the lion hover at the top of edihad stadium, before being elevated down like the messiah he is

Speaking of Brion, did you know a mate of mine in Scotland asked for my thoughts on him, recently... I had nothing to offer but was curious about his question.

Anyway, odds of going to the game have gone from 0% to 20% and are now hovering around 50%. If the moons align and the hangover (party, Saturday night) subsides then i might jump on the train with 2 of my kids (one lion, one bomber) and have a look.

Speaking of Brion, did you know a mate of mine in Scotland asked for my thoughts on him, recently... I had nothing to offer but was curious about his question.

Anyway, odds of going to the game have gone from 0% to 20% and are now hovering around 50%. If the moons align and the hangover (party, Saturday night) subsides then i might jump on the train with 2 of my kids (one lion, one bomber) and have a look.
Don't want to take too much credit, but the lions have won every game while I've been in Oz. I'm back OS on Friday... soooorrrry. (Still reckon we'll win though!)

I'm building this one up. Lions to draw a line in the shifting playing surface at Etihad stadium and not allow the Bombers past it.

Our motto this week:

gce-no-pasaran.jpg

If we're down at 3/4 time, i think we should fly down brion the lion first class, pause the game for 2 hours and have brion the lion hover at the top of edihad stadium, before being elevated down like the messiah he is
I'm flying down for this one... First game of the year in Melbourne..

Virgin let you have checked luggage again.... I can take it if we need.

I'm flying down for this one... First game of the year in Melbourne..

Virgin let you have checked luggage again.... I can take it if we need.

We must get off to a better start. I feel Ports complacency let us off the hook early last week. We were kicking grubber kicks throughout the 1st quarter and were damn sloppy... we were lucky not to be down by 30 pts at the 1st change.

Overconfidence will lose us this game if we let it. A young team will let things go to their heads easier than a more experienced team.

Unsure what we have to be over confident about. Have defeated a basket case (carlton) and a basket case (PA until Cornes disappears). However, we are coming up against...................... another basket case..........................................hmmm?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seating has just been updated to bays 25/26 - rows g to x for Lions members and guests.
Looking forward to seeing the game....hopefully fellow Lions come along and we can make some noise. Always safety in numbers at Essendon games!!!

Yeah..guess you can say Lions supporters at Essendon home games "is like finding a needle in a haystack"..( something Essendon were good at..but their paperwork says otherwise)..:p...Wonder If that will be on the cheer squads banners?

Off topic I know, but what do you mean by the above?....I usually fly with them and haven't had an issue....but Friday I'm going Jetstar for the first time.

Did Virgin stop letting people take luggage?:eek:

Virgin charged extra for checked luggage until a few weeks ago. You could always take it, you just had to pay $20 or so for it. Now it's free (meals too)!

Try stopping Beams, Rich, Redden, Zorko, Rockliff.

Who are you going to tag?
Melksham will probably go to Beams, who averages 25 disposals against us despite having game where he was injured in the second quarter and only had 12 touches.

A real positive of having so many damaging players is that it forces opposition to go into the game with a defensive mindset. You willl not win many games of football if you are playing 2-3 hard tags.

I think we have the better midfield and foot speed and should win by 15 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back