Preview Round 1 Tickets Selling Fast ... Allegedly

Remove this Banner Ad

And I will be working that day so I can't get in early enough to ensure that. So i paid for a reserved seat. Sorry everyone but I figure Carlton are in for another crap year anyway so the small charity I gave them in meaningless.

No need to apologise Cotcho at least ur going to support the boys regardless if the blues make a quid off tkt sales, would rather a sea of yellow & black than navy blue....

I reckon it won't even get 80k lol
I think the only time it broke 80k was for the Judd debut game and the Cousins first game for Richmond.Sign of the times when games are called 'sellouts' and 85k show up.

How can we fix that problem?
The only way is to set up a website or even phone into a free number provided by the AFL to state you are going and if not,those tix can be resold.
Alot of work methinks for the AFL to deal with.Even then real life shows up.

I think the only time it broke 80k was for the Judd debut game and the Cousins first game for Richmond.Sign of the times when games are called 'sellouts' and 85k show up.

The only way is to set up a website or even phone into a free number provided by the AFL to state you are going and if not,those tix can be resold.
it got 80k on the dot in 2013

dont be stipid just get there a little early and scan in

Exactly. Has this game sold out? It fills up, but I can't remember the full house sign going up

it got 80k on the dot in 2013
Aah.Great year for big attendances that year.
The final was amazing.
When the players ran through the banner,I got chills through the body and tried hard not to tear up.The same feeling in '95 when the Tiges ran out through the banner that said WE'RE BACK!

Exactly. Has this game sold out? It fills up, but I can't remember the full house sign going up
smasha is an alco so he thinks he'll be locked out if hes in a richmond pub pre game and forgets the game is on

I only drink during the Richmond games lol but last year stopped the heavy drinking as my guts were starting to form a verandah.
I did get back into it though the Port final as I was so excited about the game.
It helped when the game got going.:D

I was RFC's bad luck charm.

Two away trips GC and the final for two losses.
Got a pic with the General and Flea round one though.

not much we can do, the issue is there are seats reserved for MCC/AFL Members etc & if they don't show up the seat remains empty

not much we can do, the issue is there are seats reserved for MCC/AFL Members etc & if they don't show up the seat remains empty
should be forced to make a decision a week in advance and then those seats can be sold on

a lot of these idiots buy the seats to re sell them for higher $$$ on ebay and dont even attend a game themselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should be forced to make a decision a week in advance and then those seats can be sold on

a lot of these idiots buy the seats to re sell them for higher $$$ on ebay and dont even attend a game themselves
yep, unfortunately $$$ talks. thats why the Grand Final ticketing allocation pisses me off. these flogs don't turn up to a game all year & only want to go to the GF yet real supporters who turn up week in/week out can't get in....

The members is for members.

I pay $642 a year for my MCC membership. I live 10 minutes walk from the G. If I decide at half-time of a game that I want to go, I'll bloody well go. I did that for the 2012 Hawthorn-Adelaide prelim. :thumbsu:

No MCC member would dare let anyone else use their membership for fear of it being stripped if the club found out.

yep, unfortunately $$$ talks. thats why the Grand Final ticketing allocation pisses me off. these flogs don't turn up to a game all year & only want to go to the GF yet real supporters who turn up week in/week out can't get in....
It's the members. It's for members. And given there are 70,000 MCC members and only 27,000 MCC seats, those wanting to attend the GF have to go into a ballot.

As a restricted member, I don't get to go to the GF unless it looks like not being full on the morning of the game, and then I'd have to pay extra. I do go to at least 10 Richmond MCG games per year, plus others, like the Haw-Gee and Haw-Port finals last year.

When you add in the cricket, I'm probably paying $40 a pop. Lol at paying $65 to sit in the outer and drink mid-strength from a plastic cup.

I am also a Maurice Rioli Club member, by the way. THAT guarantees me a GF ticket when we make it. No ******* way I'm missing out on that.

I pay $642 a year for my MCC membership. I live 10 minutes walk from the G. If I decide at half-time of a game that I want to go, I'll bloody well go. I did that for the 2012 Hawthorn-Adelaide prelim. :thumbsu:

No MCC member would dare let anyone else use their membership for fear of it being stripped if the club found out.

It's the members. It's for members. And given there are 70,000 MCC members and only 27,000 MCC seats, those wanting to attend the GF have to go into a ballot.

As a restricted member, I don't get to go to the GF unless it looks like not being full on the morning of the game, and then I'd have to pay extra. I do go to at least 10 Richmond MCG games per year, plus others, like the Haw-Gee and Haw-Port finals last year.

When you add in the cricket, I'm probably paying $40 a pop. Lol at paying $65 to sit in the outer and drink mid-strength from a plastic cup.

I am also a Maurice Rioli Club member, by the way. THAT guarantees me a GF ticket when we make it. No ******* way I'm missing out on that.
Selfish like Newy

Sorry, but the world has changed

I'm paying double what you pay just for a club membership, and anyone with a reserved seat is paying the exact same as you

So you are not paying extra than us for the privilege, WE are paying extra to subsidise your privilege

There are 73,000 seats for non-MCC members.
What's your point ? If people from the MCC/AFL membership know a week in advance they're not going to attend a sellout game then they should sell the tickets to others who want to attend but might miss out if it is a sellout

fair point, i am guessing your an MCC/Club Member? i have M.Rioli for the same reason!

Some are missing the point. I reckon for as long as we've had the season opener the GA and club membership tickets are probably at capacity. The low number is due to the fact that other club fans arent as interested in this game as other "blockbusters". Ie MCC and AFL members. They really really need to put in place a system where tickets can be sold at the start of the match if the other areas are at capacity. As for the 1 in a million once off example given by richoatthedisco I think it wouldnt make the MCC lose any members by saying if you havent redeemed your ticket by the first bounce then too bad. This would benefit the AFL and MCG anyway so not sure why they don't do that.

As for attendance to other games etc. My best mate had an awesome idea about how to reward loyal fans but also to increase attendance. He proposed this....
Of the respective membership group....so let us say Richmond. The barcodes that were scanned in for the match that had the lowest attendance during the regular season have priority to the grand final. Therefore....all the Richmond fans who turn up on a wet sunday arvo game against the dogs will go to the GF....seems fair to me....and is a great motivator to increase the crowd support of these normally not such big games. Anyway...probably for another thread but if the AFL were serious about equalisation and being fair to the members they'd implement a system such as this.

Sorry, but the world has changed

I'm paying double what you pay just for a club membership, and anyone with a reserved seat is paying the exact same as you

So you are not paying extra than us for the privilege, WE are paying extra to subsidise your privilege
Sorry, but the members belongs to the members. That hasn't changed. And it never will.

You are not paying double what I pay "just for a club membership". 3121 is $1060, Inner Sanctum $2100. Neither is "just a club membership" - you get a lot more than just a seat at the game. That money goes to the club, not to the MCC. You are not subsidising me, or anyone. 70,000 MCC memberships x $642 = $45 million per year, upfront, guaranteed income.

As I said, I'm also a Maurice Rioli Club member. Nowhere did I say I am paying more than anyone.

What's your point ? If people from the MCC/AFL membership know a week in advance they're not going to attend a sellout game then they should sell the tickets to others who want to attend but might miss out if it is a sellout
But I might decide on the morning of the game that I want to go. Or at half-time.

My right. My privilege. My club.

Some are missing the point. I reckon for as long as we've had the season opener the GA and club membership tickets are probably at capacity. The low number is due to the fact that other club fans arent as interested in this game as other "blockbusters". Ie MCC and AFL members. They really really need to put in place a system where tickets can be sold at the start of the match if the other areas are at capacity. As for the 1 in a million once off example given by richoatthedisco I think it wouldnt make the MCC lose any members by saying if you havent redeemed your ticket by the first bounce then too bad. This would benefit the AFL and MCG anyway so not sure why they don't do that.
So, if traffic's bad or I'm working late on a Friday night and get to the game a few minutes after it starts, you want me to give up the space I've paid for the previous September so some walk-up can see the game? Yeah, na.

My example is far from one in a million.

Sorry, but the members belongs to the members. That hasn't changed. And it never will.

You are not paying double what I pay "just for a club membership". 3121 is $1060, Inner Sanctum $2100. Neither is "just a club membership" - you get a lot more than just a seat at the game. That money goes to the club, not to the MCC. You are not subsidising me, or anyone. 70,000 MCC memberships x $642 = $45 million per year, upfront, guaranteed income.

As I said, I'm also a Maurice Rioli Club member. Nowhere did I say I am paying more than anyone.

But I might decide on the morning of the game that I want to go. Or at half-time.

My right. My privilege. My club.

So, if traffic's bad or I'm working late on a Friday night and get to the game a few minutes after it starts, you want me to give up the space I've paid for the previous September so some walk-up can see the game? Yeah, na.

My example is far from one in a million.

1) the club pays the mcc for the seat I sit in, access to the bar areas, and staff to police the gates at the level. The MCC make more money off me than the club does, fact

2) mcc memberships have been rising at much lower rates than club memberships, yet it's the same stadium. Reason is of course that our higher mcc charges are keeping you guys happy

Next time you rock up at half time, remember to say thanks to the packed our punt road end which made your sense of entitlement possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back