Preview Round 18, 2022: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 17 July 2022, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

All his injuries have been contact none of that is due to his body being a liability, if he's fit to play he plays AFL.
100% this, can't make decisions so lightly regarding senior players just because we have been rebuilding and Gunston had some contact injuries for half a season. He started the season with 11 goals in 5 games ffs he's far from cooked. That sends a message to the whole playing group that I'm not sure we want to, certainly not a culture I'd embrace, and young talls take time so anyone we replace him with is just going to have their confidence lowered if they aren't ready.

Actually, he was known as Tank prior to that. Goes right back to the days when he was playing juniors at Rosewater.
Well there ya go, I’m pretty sure Clarko concocted a story about it being on the back of Geoff at one of our Annual meetings.

Well there ya go, I’m pretty sure Clarko concocted a story about it being on the back of Geoff at one of our Annual meetings.
Look, he certainly could have, but when he was first drafted a bloke who I've known for years connected with Rosewater greeted me with "So you've got Tank".

It was never in doubt.

I feel Morris has to come out of that side unless Day plays midfield but I rather he spend the rest of the year at HBF and build continuity leading into preseason. Shiels back to BoxHill for a full run and Morris can play the sub.
Morris needs continuity perennially injured. If he comes good Day doesnt need to go back and neither does bramble. Dimma gets released to be a lot more damaging

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer for Shiels to get a run at Box Hill than sit on his arse two weeks running.

Serong as a sub would be unusual, and I didn't like it when Downie's first game was as a sub...but I actually don't mind the idea.

Morris as sub is probably the least controversial option

I'd prefer for Shiels to get a run at Box Hill than sit on his arse two weeks running.

Serong as a sub would be unusual, and I didn't like it when Downie's first game was as a sub...but I actually don't mind the idea.

Morris as sub is probably the least controversial option
Shiels to BH and Morris to the Sub makes the most sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back