Preview Round 6 Changes and Pre-Match Discussion Vs Essendon (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see Blair going out, as some have pointed out his pressure acts will keep him in the team, same as Goldsack.

The problem is that Nathan Brown is our best tall defender, and Taylor Adams (at least in my opinion) is a massive help to our midfield.

2 players need to come in, who goes out, Langdon and ???

Blair.

Thought Josh Thomas was really good yesterday. He's not going to rack up huge numbers as he's going to be our 5th 6th midfielder and not involved in the clearance work as much as Pendles Beams and co, but when he was, he was clean, got the ball to an outside player and started our press forward.

He's a super clean player, very courageous and has a defensive mindset which allows the others to push forward a bit.

At this stage, with what Adams has shown, he keeps his spot and Adams (and even Ball) have to work to get it back.

I'm with you here. JT is class. He's going to have to bide his time on a flank/wing with short stints on ball. If he can get 20 possies and lay his 5-6 tackles each week then that is exactly what we want and need. He's as tough as nails and will only get better.

Essendon were bigger taller and stronger than StKilda and got belted by more run. Perhaps we should sacrifice a tall for a mid.

Out Langdon
In Adams

Don't mind that. Langers looked the poorest on Saturday, he would do something good, and then do something awful with ball in hand. A run in the 2s couldn't hurt.

My only question is if that leaves us a little short on defensive players?

Tooves - Frost - Keefe
Maxy - Lumumba - Young

With only Goldsack to possibly rotate through, should we worry about being exposed by some quicker players?

Having both of them play is not a bad option, I just think we gain more then we lose by have a Dwyer or Adams running around instead of Witts or Grundy. If Bellchambers doesn't play then they only have Carlisle as back up ruck, While (and Keeffe) could easily compete with him while still having an impact up forward. Apart from the two goals yesterday White pretty quite and didn't really influence general play, when he hits a quite patch we can throw him in the ruck to get him into the game, thats where he played his best footy with the Swans.
If Bellchambers does play then we'll probably need to stick with the two big guys.

I really like the Cloke/White and resting ruck combo up forward as it makes all their defenders accountable and unable to get 3rd man up. Our structure just looks a million times better. Maybe when Reidy is back we can go the one ruck option with White as backup.

Can't wait for Reid to be back in the side. A Reid, Cloke, White forward line will be awesome to watch.

And in the future, a Grundy/Witts ruck combo will be scary good.

Pretty poor form vjk.

Your opinion. Personally sick to death of their reluctance to for one minute consider the massive amount of info revealed so far and think HOW DID THIS HAPPEN ?
It's all been deflections ...... Someone else's fault, just dank, vlad picking on us, but not a cent of analysis of the info so far. And the problem with waiting for the saga to end is that the end will be too late to do something to save their club. It's the essendon football club that will suffer the most here, where it should be the individuals who allowed it to happen.
So the ignorant fans, IMO, can GAGF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Williams Seedsman Dwyer Adams Brown Karnezis Sinclair

Out: Langdon Blair Thomas Keeffe Young Goldsack Witts

And still win by 10 goals

Wondering if we could put Toovey as a second run with role on Heppell to try and get him involved in the game a bit more, and then have Macaffer clamp down on Watson. Would go a long way if both could do a good job. I think we would have learnt a lot from the St Kilda game in how they set up and choked Essendon in the midfield, they also seem to have some troubles up forward finding a consistent target. Our backline is certainly in form at the minute, if the midfield can give their usual output and get decent games out of Cloke, Elliott and White we should do well. Fasolo might be in for some attention this week.

I would put Caff on Stanton, Goldsack to do a defensive job on Goddard.

That's already most of their offensive drive cut out

I don't think Essondon is going to bring in Tom Bellchambers. So Paddy Ryder will kill Witts around the ground and we'll look slow. IMO Thomas did enough earn selection over Adams. Goldsack will probably do a defensive role on Fletcher so he won't go out. Langdon is probably on fighting for his life ATM but i think he'll be persisted with. I don't think Brown will be brought in because Carlisle and Daniher are athletic forwards. More class in the Forward 50 is probably what we'll go for so my prediction is:

Outs: Witts

Ins: Dwyer

Sub: Jarryd Blair

Edit: JT is more versatile than Adams IMO so if both Ball and JT can play. I don't think both Ball and Adams can play in the same side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back