Season 2015 - General Footy Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesse Lonergan has the highest average of frees against per game than any other senior player this year, and by god it *s me off. He's a hard player but so completely undisciplined it's unbelievable.

CUT IT OUT FFS

Damian Barrett said on triple m last night that there are 8-9 players from gc looking to leave.

- Sam day gone
- Daniel gorringe gone
- Charlie Dixon gone

Jaeger omeara!! Apparently looking to move to Melbourne.

Brian Taylor said he saw a meeting with Sam day AND another suns player who he didn't name meeting with a Melbourne team.

Couldn't really care less about Gorringe. I don't think anybody cares, nor is it a surprise. I think we've all basically conceded that Charlie is leaving anyway.

Very much doubt Sam Day would be actively looking elsewhere though.

Just another sensationalist bullshit story from Barrett the *******.

Watching the replay Touk wasn't too bad and you could argue getting games into him is worth the potential downside
I missed Brooksby's 2nd goal as I was doing The Giant Slide out the back with my young fella
Keegan didn't disgrace himself watching the replay
Mackenzie and Matera weren't any better on 2nd viewing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if we play like that the rest of the year we could have 6/7 wins by the end of the season which would be a good turn around.
I reckon we play like that, we can win all our games.. Richmond is tough depending on which Richmond turns up. And Sydney last, could be a lot easier if they already have their top two or top four spot stiched up.. other than that we can beat any of the others based on last night and this shift in attitude... or quite possibly I am optimistic bordering on delusional..

Watching Essendon now, I would say we would start favourites against them. They look a mess.
Should hopefully be our biggest game of the year. Essendon FC hasn't played at Metricon since 2013, and haven't played in QLD since early last year.

Dons fans are pretty tribal, so I imagine they'll show up in force given QLD fans haven't seen a game in 14 months or so and it's their only 2015 QLD game.

We've got some pretty unique talent which has a resemblance to Premiership teams of previous years

Defenders:
May - Our J. Leppitsch
Saad - Exciting, can turn a game - unique
Kolo - Our Corey Enright

Mids:
Ablett - Unique
Swallow - Our Lenny Hayes
Harley - Our Jason Akermanis
Prestia - Our Luke Power
T. Miller (early call - but) - Our Shaun Hart

Forwards:
Lynch: Our Riewoldt
Dixon: Our Alistair Lynch

If we kept that group together I think we're in a good place.

I've always rated Aaron Hall's work ethic, but could never trust him to kick straight. He has this incredible ability to create space, break through packs, and break away - consistently. I love that about him.

But his kicking is ******* shocking. It's not always just a s**t kick, it's just been a s**t decision in who to kick to.

Last night he proved how destructive he is against the opposition. He was one of our best last night, and for once I didn't cringe every time he got the ball.

Bravo Hally - at least one of the Halls is now worth keeping.

Just on physical development, I can't believe how Slim Schadey is filling out
Would love to see some before and afters since he arrived at Metricon
I thought it was very amusing when Dermott said he could stand to put on a few kilos last week or the game before, obviously hadn't seen him before this year :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back