Season 2015 - General Footy Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodney Eade in todays Herald sun.

A few players saw AFL as an inconvenience to their daily life, where it needs to be the other way around.
Be comitted or dont play.

^^
Sounds like a few players dont have pride in
A. Being an elite footballer.
And
B. The worst of all. Pulling on the Suns jumper and playing with Pride.

Move these kids/men on.. i want a team you could take to war with.. Have eachothers back.
Not a bunch of rich snobby pricks.

Rodney Eade in todays Herald sun.

A few players saw AFL as an inconvenience to their daily life, where it needs to be the other way around.
Be comitted or dont play.

^^
Sounds like a few players dont have pride in
A. Being an elite footballer.
And
B. The worst of all. Pulling on the Suns jumper and playing with Pride.

Move these kids/men on.. i want a team you could take to war with.. Have eachothers back.
Not a bunch of rich snobby pricks.

I don't understand how the club can even let this happen. They're at the club most days, they live with other team members, and growing up, most of them would have dreamed of playing AFL footy, and winning flags.

Did the club realise this was happening prior to this year? Rocket saw what was wrong, pretty much from day 1. Surely he is not that amazing a coach that he can notice things about players that no one else can. Not saying the rest of the club have been incompetent about it, but it would be intriguing to know who knew what, and what they did about.

It will be interesting to see who puts their hand up to leave at the end of the season,and also how they handle a different club considering Rocket isn't doing anything different in terms of accountability and discipline to the other clubs. It will be a real big wake-up call for some of them.

Last edited:
I don't understand how the club can even let this happen. They're at the club most days, they live with other team members, and growing up, most of them would have dreamed of playing AFL footy, and winning flags.

Did the club realise this was happening prior to this year? Rocket saw what was wrong, pretty much from day 1. Surely he is not that amazing a coach that he can notice things about players that no one else can. Not saying the rest of the club have been incompetent about it, but it would be intriguing to know who knew what, and what they did about.

It will be interesting to see who puts their hand up to leave at the end of the season,and also how they handle a different club considering Rocket isn't doing anything different in terms of accountability and strictness (is that a word) to the other clubs. It will be a real big wake-up call for some of them.
I reckon Blighty saw it and that is precisely the reason Bluey was moved on and replaced with Rocket. Very wise football brains - feel the club is in good hands with these two involved:)

Good hands now.. BUT.. Dixon and Harley wouldnt of had there issues in the past if they had your experienced coach at the helm other then that bluey dick.

Now because of the way he let everyone get away with murder.. We risk losing Dixon.. Not by money.. But by the way he was disiplined for his drinking etc.
Surely that wouldnt help in him making his decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see who puts their hand up to leave at the end of the season,and also how they handle a different club considering Rocket isn't doing anything different in terms of accountability and discipline to the other clubs. It will be a real big wake-up call for some of them.

It's amazing how many parents can't see what little shits their kids are because they are way too close
Bluey was more parent than Coach unfortunately
The Club erred in appointing him.It's a decison that has ruined more than a few careers I reckon.

Does this campaigner ever shut up? Does the mainstream media forget that he was ******* sacked from the club for being a thug? Christ - this dude is as sour as a gobstopper's arsehole and people are supposed to believe his tripe?!

Absoloutely no need for Brown to do this other than to try and remain "relevant" like a lot of sad recently retired players
It's the equivalent of hanging around the dressing rooms hoping some old fan will ask him for an autograph
Never misses the chance to have a ping at us
His professionalism while at the Club related to constantly being reported and breaking Maysie's jaw
Little run ins with the constabulary as well
Not to mention describing himself as a Hawk through his entire time here
Not doing recreational drugs doesn't excuse the rest of his personality
campaigner

Didn't a few player managers raise their concerns last year regarding the lack of development at the club? I thought that led to the review which culminated in Bluey's demise. Natural improvement in young players seemed to mask real issues. I was surprised when the club made it known that they wanted an experienced coach. Now we know why.

Paywall!
How many shots we've had inside 30m this year compared to the other Clubs?

Couldnt tell you..
Prob not as many..
But i dont really care.
Kicking skills.. Especially inside 50 wins games.
Everyone.. Media.. Other teams fans..
All know us to be the worst kicking effiency and clanger kings..

Not good enough.

Couldnt tell you..
Prob not as many..
But i dont really care.

Not good enough.

I always imagine the opposition pre-match workup basically goes like this
"Keep up the pressure and they WILL turn it over at some point in the passage of play"

I always imagine the opposition pre-match workup basically goes like this
"Keep up the pressure and they WILL turn it over at some point in the passage of play"

Thats a given.. Force Hallahan and Harbrow to kick.. Once they have the ball.. Push forward.. Because more then likely be a turn over.

Thats a given.. Force Hallahan and Harbrow to kick.. Once they have the ball.. Push forward.. Because more then likely be a turn over.

Thereby solving the Ancient Mystery of Metricon - how opposition teams always have 2 free players forward of 50 on the overlap
Trigger players like Harbrow and Hallahan have the ball, 2 designated palyers immediately push forward hard

Couldnt tell you..
Prob not as many..
But i dont really care.

Not good enough.

A question for the masses is who do we think are the best kicks at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back