Traded Shane Biggs and pick 39 (Sydney) traded to Western Bulldogs for pick 37

Remove this Banner Ad

It wasn't really a trade. Biggs wanted to go and we arranged this deal so he could go to the Bulldogs directly and not wait for the preseason draft.

We seem to have a good trading relationship with Sydney, the Talia deal last year was similar. No real gain for the Dogs, just helping a player move (who we seriously no longer wanted...)

Pick 37 for 39 + Biggs.

What an unbelievable trade. Runs all day, can play on both talls and smalls, great intercept mark and excellent 1v1.

We didn't really have a choice, he was uncontracted and the Dogs poached him from us. The trade was a token one as he would have landed with them in the PSD otherwise.

Hopefully the dogs cop a bit of their own medicine now that they're the new shiny thing in the AFL

We didn't really have a choice, he was uncontracted and the Dogs poached him from us. The trade was a token one as he would have landed with them in the PSD otherwise.

Hopefully the dogs cop a bit of their own medicine now that they're the new shiny thing in the AFL

Sydney invented that move so no point being upset especially when you consider how bad Biggs was throughout all finals bar the big dance.

Sydney invented that move so no point being upset especially when you consider how bad Biggs was throughout all finals bar the big dance.
What are you talking about? He was great throughout the finalsc putting aside the odd mistake.

Was very average against Gws and was below par in the other two finals.

Still happy with the return given all he cost us was a cheap pick we got for Cooney.

His grand final performance was well worth it

What do you mean? We either accepted a next to nothing trade or lost him for nothing.

Having said that, the Dogs did practically hand over Talia for nothing so I guess it evens out

What do you mean? We either accepted a next to nothing trade or lost him for nothing.

Having said that, the Dogs did practically hand over Talia for nothing so I guess it evens out

I meant that Sydney have poached many players using the same method as the Bulldogs did with Biggs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you trying to argue? Sydney recruited the likes of Kennedy, Mcglyn and Mumford in almost identical situations as the Bulldogs did Biggs.
Mcglynn was not similar at all. He was established 22 at that stage, took a couple little injuries but wanted to move to Sydney.

Sliding doors for Michael Talia over the last 12 months.

It all could have been so different now for him.

Dogs had a chance with Rampe and missed it. Swings and roundabouts.
To be fair, Ramps came out and said that he wasn't ready when he was training with us. Things ended up working out really well for him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back